carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy Saturday!

Rod, I keep looking at the pictures from Whiteflash. I actually think Marty was impressed.

Deegee, we got our A6 only a few weeks after the new model came out and I love it so I hope that works out the same for your car. Are you still considered the Q5? I hate to think of you walking back to your car after work especially if it’s creepy then. You should have definitely taken your dentist up on his offer to drive his Aston Martin. We set the alarm off on one in a car bay at a dealer in Colorado; I swear that noise still has to be bouncing around in my ear. It was ear piercing. The salesman said “sure you can look at it” which meant to the guys “pop the hood”. Bad idea! Good luck getting your parents yard work done this weekend. I doubt we’ll venture out of our house again this weekend.

Yes, they are expecting about 8 inches of snow here. I think a lot of it will melt on the roads and sidewalks though. Aak!

Marty is making us homemade pizzas for lunch. It’s going to be 4 before they are done but I know they’ll be great. We are having a move / popcorn night today too. Good way to spend a snowy day.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I feel guilty telling you how fantastic it was down here today. It was hot, but not humid hot. Since we live downtown, we walked to Tampa's historic Tampa Theater (it's gaudy and gothic and fun with an organist who plays until he disappears below the stage floor when the movie starts) and watched the new Kristin Wigg movie Welcome To Me. It was odd, amusing, uncomfortable, but enjoyable all the same. Then we walked all over the city looking for an interesting restaurant for dinner, then we walked home via Riverwalk. I did get a little warm walking home, so we took showers as soon as we walked in. Sorry, but I just could not handle non-stop snow. I enjoy being outside too much.

I"m glad Marty likes the EC's, they will be stunning for sure.

Deegee, my cold is much much better, thanks. And no, it never pays to go on vacation, or even have a holiday. The work doesn't go away, it just stacks up to make us even more tired when we get back, reversing all the good time off gave us to begin with.

Zoe, I hope you're OK?

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Rod, don’t ever feel guilty for enjoying some lovely weather when we are surrounded by snow. I am glad one of us can enjoy warm weather year round. I don’t mind at all if you had a wonderful outing enjoying some great weather; I am always happy to hear about it. You evening does sound very nice. I hope your cold continues to get better and just goes away.

We watched the movie “Blackhat” last night. It was pretty good. Today we watched an old favorite “Hot Shots”. I watched “Taken 3” while I was cooking and doing dishes.

I am finishing up laundry this afternoon then sadly will venture back to work tomorrow. BOO!

Marty is bored today since he can’t play golf. He asked me “why do we still live here?”

Have a great day!
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, tell Marty I'd ask the same question. Why do you live there? Tell him if you guys moved here, he'd be able to play golf every weekend of the year. Plus he'd have a watch buddy! But it was in the low 90s today. Still low humidity, but plenty warm that's for sure.

We had a nice lazy day. I got up early and went to get live blue crabs. If you go early, you get a number and are told what time to come back. I was the number 2 person today, so I got to get the size crabs I wanted and we just finished having Maryland Style, Steamed Crabs and fresh corn on the cob for dinner. Yummmmmmm to the max!

I'm kind of looking forward to going to work tomorrow. I made a placement on Friday and will be closing my 2nd placement tomorrow! I'm much further ahead at 8 weeks than I think they expected at this point! Since I made a placement last week, I get to leave work on Friday at noon! Yay!

I hope everyone had a nice Sunday and weekend (shoveling snow excepted!). LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I wasn't going to move while my parents were still here but now there is no real reason to stay here. I'd wouldn't enjoy trying to find another job but who knows what will happen? We could move near Atlanta and Marty would actually have to go to work every day. Ha! His 10 second commute is rough on him now. He says sometimes it takes longer because he'll walk by his coffee pot or turn off the TV. I don't know if you and Marty need a watch buddy; it would probably cost all of us more money. I know you'd be a diamond enabler too so I guess that's fair. Congratulations on 2 placements in 8 weeks. That is awesome. :appl: :appl: :appl: Marty is heading to D.C. soon maybe he can get some of those Maryland blue crabs. He'll be jealous you get some every week.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-your day sounds wonderful! I don't mind a hot day, but I sure hate humidity. I've never had Maryland blue crabs. I have a good friend that deserted me and moved to Maryland a few years ago when she got married. She's coming with us on vacation in September and she has promised to make us the best crab dishes we have ever tasted! Congratulations on your 2nd placement. That's awesome!

Marcy-mom showed me a picture today from her friend in Denver. It looked a lot like the picture you posted! We had a 92 degree, humid day. I'm not ready for that weather already. We are located where we are because of my parents mostly. I can see us moving to Seattle someday. Matt has it in his head that we are Seattle-bound in retirement. He doesn't function well in the heat. On the road today, we saw a pickup jacked up on big wheels with a tailgate that read "curbs are just a suggestion." Naturally I thought of you!

We spent the day at mom and dads. Holy cow, they have a lot of yard to take care of! But with all of us working on it, it wasn't too bad. Dad is too weak to stand, but too proud to use a walker. I think mom is going to use a tough love strategy and get one anyway, and tell him if he needs to go to the bathroom, he has to get himself down the hall. Marcy-I think I'm going to have to give up my android phone and go back to an iPhone. My entire family uses iPhones, so they use iMessage and all their texts to me come through on my iPad-which I don't always have with me. Since I have the Galaxy Note 3, which is a big phone, I think I'm going with the iPhone 6plus. I did decently well with food last week, and today I pulled out my Fitbit to start wearing again. I logged my food into my fitness pal. I need to get about 20 pounds back off so I'll have some clothes to wear! Have a great Monday!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it's nice you went to be your parents and help them in the yard. I'm sure it's very difficult seeing your dad so weak. He'd probably prefer the tough love approach. I'm a staunch iPhone/iPad user. Since you own an iPad you'll be happier with an iPhone. Maybe Apple watch is in your future as well?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-when I want to text anyone in my family a picture from my phone, I have to email it to myself, save it to my iPad, and then text the pic. And when someone wants to see a picture, it's always on the device I don't have with me. It will be really nice not to have to fool with that! I'll sync my devices, use the iCloud, and voila! Less hassle. The watch might be pushing it... Did you get one?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I've asked Santa to put one under the tree this year. I'm a watch nut and have spent a mild fortune on watches over the last two years and not inexpensive ones to say the least. But I know I have to have an Apple Watch too! You're making a smart move given everyone in your family is iPhone and with you having an iPad, it's a no-brainer for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I’m tapping my foot with great impatience waiting for your new sparklies!!! As for the snow… WTF? We’ve been having a bit of rain off and on for the past few days but SNOW this late in the season? I’d be packing the back of that Lexus and heading down to live with Rod and Charlie!

Rod, that’s AWESOME you’ve made TWO placements already! How do you like the apple watch? I’ll be interested in seeing it in September when I visit with you and Charlie, if you don’t mind showing it off. BTW, I’ve looked at the dates and I plan to make my usual weekend trip a day longer this year so I can come and see you.

Deegee, I’m sorry your dad is so weak, but I like your mom’s thinking about making him use the walker to go to the restroom. And LOL about not being able to get the car out of the parking spot – I’ve sat in a few cars where I think I’ve just landed on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise!

Nothing overly exciting to report in from the Midwest… My back is finally almost better (although I’m being verrrry careful yet!). We went to the CB’s sister’s yesterday and also spent some time with one of the guys who’s organizing the neighborhood clean-up for next Sunday. I fear I’m going to have to take control of this organization. They have yet to get the email out to everyone about the event, it’s planned for a goofy time (12-2 and then a BBQ afterwards from 2-4 – what about 9-12 and then a BBQ from 12-2? That way people can come and do the clean-up and bail on lunch if they still want to salvage a bit of the day for themselves), and the fliers and postcard inserts for the local restaurants to put in with their menus this week (which I offered to print) are half-assed. I think the guys means well, but hey need someone to say “OK, look: THIS is how we’re going to do it,” because they are floundering a bit.

Anyway, the city inspector came by today and we agree that we can get the violation dismissed next week, so it will be nice to have that off the table. And my very favorite client came by this afternoon. I only get to see him every few years or so (he purchased some investment condos that we rent out) and he is absolutely delightful! I have said over and over if all of my clients were like him I would have continued being a full time real estate agent!

Well my client for this evening just cancelled on me while I was writing this so I'm thinking a nap might be in order... :cheeky:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deejay, just a quick response (still at work). I don't have the Apple Watch - YET. I told Charlie he could give me one for Christmas, so it will likely not be on my wrist when you visit.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I am sorry your dad is so weak but I am glad your mom is going to insist he use a walker. My dad put up handrails around their house if there were spots my mom didn’t have anything else to hang on to and that really helped her. I am sure your folks appreciated everyone coming to work on the yard. My niece lives in the Seattle area and likes the cooler weather. Your joints may not like that moisture though. I like the bumper sticker about curbs. Welcome back to the Apple side. I remain very happy with our Apple devices. I was looking at someone’s iPhone 6 Plus this weekend. Since you are used to the size you’ll probably like it. It seems almost as big as my mini. I like having my pictures show up on all my devices.

Rod, Marty doesn’t seem interested in an Apple watch. I was kind of surprised he didn’t want one. I am sure Santa will bring you a nice Apple watch for Christmas.

Dee Jay, I did get an email today my diamonds were being turned in for setting and it would probably be just a few days. I am very excited to see them myself. Swing by and pick me up on your way to Rod and Charlie’s house. We’ll take all the wine in our wine rack with us. I am delighted to hear your back is feeling better. It does sound like you need to take charge of the cleanup and BBQ. I have a friend who is a program manager and she is the least prepared and disorganized person I know. How does she still have a job? That’s great new that the violation is being dismissed and also hearing from your favorite client. Sounds like a good day. Did you get in a nap?

Work was a way to earn a few books for sparkly things today. We went out for supper then wandered around Pier 1. Marty found some cool little book ends with planes on them. It matches stuff in his man cave.

During supper we were discussing my upgrading my EC diamond and I didn’t get a negative response, I peaked his interested about maybe getting one with florescence. We saw a strong florescent diamond in Denver last year and we both thought it was pretty cool. If he goes on a trip soon I might be bored and head to Denver for some EC shopping. Of course first I have to get my earrings.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I'm glad you're feeling better. Thanks for checking in. I've just taken a few days off from the computer. Life got in the way... :))

Marcy, I can't believe it snowed in May. Beautiful ECs, by the way!

Dee*Jay, I'm glad your back is feeling better than it had been.

Deegee, do you think your parents will eventually have their pool filled in? A friend's parents did that a number of years ago because it was so much work to keep up with and no one was using it anymore. Thanks for asking about my husband's job search. The headhunter he'd been talking with told D. he'd call him in a few days, hopefully with a few leads, but it's been just over a week and my husband hasn't heard from him yet. I think he's planning on e-mailing the guy today. He has applied for one position and a recruiter from the company called him. I think it was a screening phone call. This woman told my husband she'd forward along his application packet to the hiring manager of the dept., so D's hoping for an interview soon. He's still waiting to hear what his severance package will be from his current employer.

Not much new here. The past few months have been pretty stressful but things have quieted down a lot. The only issue we're dealing with now is my husband's job loss. If it's not one thing, it's something else. School will be winding down soon, sort of. We get out at the end of June. We watched my uncle's dog for a week and that was fun. My dad was away and my mom wanted a week off, so we took the dog. Our cats are getting used to him, I suppose. We're taking the dog for about 2 weeks next month. I can't wait to take him to the beach.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, OK, now I got it! Charlie = Santa for the apple watch… so I’ll just have to come back in December too… ha!

Curby, I still have not seen the email go out for the cleanup. We actually saw the guy who is most in charge last night. He was walking his dog when we went out to put up fliers on poles and he said he was going to get the message out. Apparently not… Argh!

Zoe, When I was looking for a job it was not uncommon for recruiters to tell me I would hear from them in X days… and I would hear from there in A MONTH and X days. It was very frustrating for me because I’m one of those people that if I say I’m going to call you on Tuesday I CALL YOU ON TUESDAY!

Last night the CB made this awesome chicken dish with mushrooms and sundried tomatoes and heavy cream… YUM! But seriously, this has to STOP. I am FAT. Enough!!! I kind of want an elliptical or something but I seriously don’t know where I would put it unless I could get one that folds up or something. Is there even such a thing…? There is also a guy here in my work building but I would have to bring all my stuff and get ready here and it seems like a huge hassle… although maybe not as much of a hassle as buying bigger pants… LOL. We’ll see, but something’s gotta give!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Zoe, I am sending PS dust your DH’s way for some interviews soon. The end of June will be here before you know it and you’ll be out of school for a while. I bet the dog will love to go to the beach.

Dee Jay, the organizer for the cleanup sounds like most of my employees. Sorry! I believe they have ellipticals that fold up and can be stored under the bed.

Not much going on here. We are back near 70 so all the snow is gone. No news from Whiteflash today.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Deejay, yes Charlie = Santa!

Zoe, did DH provide a list of companies he'd like to work for to the recruiter?

It was a long day at work, but a productive one.

That's about all I can think of.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, the chicken dish that CB made sounds really good. As for following up with someone when you say you will, yeah, I'm that way too. I can't believe you waited months for someone to get in touch. That's frustrating.

Rod, I'm pretty sure he's mentioned places he'd like to work when he spoke to the recruiter over the phone. He most likely listed the hospitals near us since there are only a few and working in healthcare IT has been his focus since his career began. He's a database developer, data analyst, and report writer. He'd probably consider any opportunities that came his way although his niche has been in healthcare. When we moved to NC 6 years ago, he worked for a company that combined legal and healthcare fields, and that was a new (and very interesting) challenge. I don't know why the recruiter hasn't at least called just to check in, even if it's to say that he's looking for something and he'll be in touch if/when an opportunity comes up. D. doesn't see it as a big deal since this guy probably just doesn't have anything to report, but it bugs me. We just handle our job searching very differently, I guess, so it's hard for me to sit back and not speak up. Sorry to ramble!

Thanks for the dust Marcy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe,

I can understand the frustration, but most recruiters only call when they have some news. In our profession, we're for the most part 100% commission. That's not an excuse, but it does explain why recruiters may not call just to say they don't have any news. I'm sure D will land a great position. Just know it takes time and often multiple interviews/opportunities.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, thanks for explaining how it works. I may have vented a bit too much earlier, sorry! :oops: I think I need to take a chill pill. :bigsmile: Someone called D. today about contract positions. One seemed like a better fit, D. thought, so he's waiting to hear back from the person with more details. I think it's a 6 month contract which isn't ideal but it would be better than nothing.

Does anyone have any low carb, easy recipes that are worth trying for dinner? I'm bored with the things I've been eating lately and want to branch out. My go-to has been the same thing for WAY too long: ~5-6 oz. chicken breasts, boneless pork chops, 90% lean ground beef or bison (all with minimal seasoning such as sea salt and pepper or lemon juice), brown rice, 1 mozzarella or cheddar string cheese, and 1/2 a bell pepper or cherry/grape tomatoes. I don't eat pasta anymore, and I'm kinda sorta trying the gluten free thing.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, you didn't vent, and even if you did, you have every right to vent. You guys are in a difficult situation at the moment and the uncertainty D is facing has great impact to you both. I get it. Trust me, I do. As a recruiter, we just don't always have the perfect position for someone when they need it. But, I have every confidence something will come along, even if it's a contract. Sometimes, contracts can be a good option when there's no full time option available. This is the pot calling the kettle (really!) but worrying about it won't make the situation better. So just take a deep breath and know that things will work out. They really will. Honest!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Rod, I am sure Santa brings you nice things for Christmas. Glad you had a productive day at work.

Zoe, I am with you and Dee Jay; if you say you are going to call me then call me! As for the headhunter I see Rod posted why they don’t contact you but I think even a quick email once a week or something would be nice. Marty would probably think the same thing your husband does though he probably doesn’t have anything yet. Marty has more patience than I do on such things.

Hi Dee Jay and Deegee!

Speaking of contacting me I am setting here with the Sun nailing me in the face and haven’t heard from Budget Blinds again. We paid for shutters and shades last June and are still waiting for the shade that will go in the window over the front door. We need it only a few months of the year but that time is back. They have brought 2 of them so far and found they didn’t fit. It was supposed to be here on the 8th. Funny thing is we HATE the cellular shades on the sidelight and door; I want to get shutters put in there. I will find another place to order from though.

Work was boring but I did another procedure.

I met Marty for lunch; that was fun.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I haven’t seen an elliptical that can go under the bed but I am going to search for that!

Rod, if *Santa* is taking order I’m sure I can think of a thing or two to put on the list! Just as long as he doesn’t make me attest to that “naughty or nice” question – ha ha!

Zoe, maybe mix up the protein more to add some low carb variety? Do you like lamb? Or fish?

So yesterday my clients who were the big mortgage problem miraculously CLOSED!!! They were happy, I was happy, the seller was happy, the mortgage company was happy – EVERYONE was happy! And then I went with my other clients (who are also looking for a unicorn, but a different unicorn… ) to see a house that we put an offer in on this morning. Fingers crossed because they are going to be homeless at the end of next month… Yikes.

I walked to work today but I think I’m getting the cold that the husband of the house showing last night had (which he got from their baby). That’s the joy of working with the public… one person gets something, we ALL get it…

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back today and say... Curby, your idea was brilliant! Even though I ended up with something a little different, you got me thinking (and searching) and I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O12HE4I/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0BWF94B004KF27E7HZ4F&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

I like the idea because without handles it forces you to use your core for stability too.

This link is from Amazon but I actually ordered it through Kohl's because that way if it shows up andI hate it I can just put it back in the box and take it to my local store. The thing I'm a bit worried about is how much the pedals are downward toward the toe, because that can be hard on my knees on some ellipticals I've used, but I guess we'll see. And if this works, well for ninety-nine bucks I'll be VERY happy!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I hope you’ll like your compact strider. Good idea to get it from Kohls so you can easily return it locally if you don’t like it. Thanks for saying “I’m brilliant” - I think everyone knows that but I like to remind people occasionally. :lol: I think both of us would worry about passing that naughty or nice list. That’s great the miracle came through and your client closed today and I hope the other client’s offer gets accepted. Especially if they are out of a home by the end of the month. Crossing my fingers you won’t catch that cold.

Marty was up by 4 and I got up at 4:30. He had to be to DIA at 6 and then his flight was late 30 minutes. He’ll get back at 2 am Saturday morning then head out for a few days again Sunday evening. I think he was getting bored not traveling much.

I wore my lavender sapphire ring today and decided to see if those dangles I like came in amethyst; luckily they do so I ordered a pair. They were on sale for $24.90 and amethyst should the sapphire and if they don’t I’m not out much money.

Hi Deegee, Rod and Zoe!

No word again today from WF on a delivery date.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Rod!

Marcy, how nice to be able to meet Marty for lunch during the work week. I don't know how he does it - keeping up his travel schedule.

Dee*Jay, thanks for the suggestion. We eat salmon 1-2 times per week. I love shrimp, so I have that occasionally, too. No, I don't eat lamb. I'm glad that your clients closed. Yay! I hope you feel better. Oh, and that glider thingy looks pretty cool. I've never seen one before. We've toyed with buying some type of exercise equipment but the machines are just so heavy and bulky so we've never pulled the trigger. It's great that you found something that doesn't take up a lot of room. Let us know how you like it.

Hi Deegee. How are you doing?

We ordered Chinese/Japanese last night. I had a salmon roll and shumai. D. has leftovers but I don't so I think I'll have to run to the grocery store on my way home from work. We go every few days which I hate but I can speed through the store pretty quickly. We don't have anything planned this weekend. I suppose I should go to the gym. We shall see.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, where are you buying all these fabulous earrings for $24.90? I’ve got a long x-mas list I would be happy to put a couple pairs of earrings on for people!

Zoe, I’m not betting on the farm on this exer-thingy being fabulous, but if it’s not all I’m really out is a trip to Kohl’s to return it. And I’m with you—I HATE to go to the grocery store!

Last night the CB picked me up and we had a cocktail on the veranda. Then we were eating an early dinner when one of the guys who’s involved in the community cleanup we’re having on Sunday knocked on my door and so a bunch of us ended up talking about all that for a couple of hours.

I’m in my office today since I was out Monday and Wednesday, sitting here hoping for the second miracle of the week in that my other problem client is in a bidding war for a house and we should hear this morning if they get it or not. But if they do, with the exception of the listing I have up north, then I’m out of clients…!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend is Here!

Zoe, I don’t know how Marty keeps up with his travel and lack of sleep. He’ll be a zombie when he rolls in about 2:30 am tonight. I might try your going to the store every few days; I absolutely hate grocery shopping anymore. First I go on a refuse to grocery shop strike then I make it a game to see what I can scrounge up out of the pantry and freezer and then Marty starts asking, “when are you going to the store?” He’s started picking up a few things for us when he is home. I’ll sneak in things on my list. Ha Ha. Sucker!

Dee Jay, I hope I like those earrings and the purples kind of match. When I saw the price I thought why the heck not? If we lived closer we could drink then maybe go grocery shopping. That would be a hoot – or at least we’d have more fun. Wow you are having a lot of closings. I am sure you’ll find some more clients. You never lack to things to do and I am pretty confident your former clients will recommend you to their friends. Cocktails on the veranda sound divine.

Hi Deegee and Rod!

I gave the program at the astronomy meeting tonight. I decided I am cancelling the meetings for the summer. We’ve met at the local Botanic Gardens for years but they are closing it for a remodeling / rebuilding project for over a year and I haven’t found a place to move the meetings. I figure I can look around this summer for a new place. The library offered to let us meet there but we meet on Friday nights and they close at 5 pm. I kind of don’t like going without Marty so I think it’s lack of motivation too.

I wasn’t very hungry for supper and didn’t want to cook so I had chips and salsa. I’ll probably be starving about bedtime.

No word from WF today so I guess my earrings won’t be magically showing up tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, just a quick check in. I had the afternoon off. Turns out when you make a placement, you get to leave work after lunch on Friday. It's a nice perk for sure. So, I went shopping and saw the Apple Watch in person and really really really like it. Santa will definitely be putting one under the tree this year. I also stopped in the Tumi store. They have this very small backpack I had seen a few months ago, but it's a Tumi, meaning it's too expensive. The saleslady told me it would be almost 50% off next weekend, so I told Charlie I will have to get one. It would be the perfect carrier for my iPad and Bluetooth Headphones.

Charlie is up north visiting his family. This is the first time I've been alone in the condo since Sakai left us. It's depressing. She kept me such good company when Charlie would go visit family. I spent the evening looking for Burmese Kittens. I think I want to get a couple sooner than later. I've written a few breeders to see if and when they'll have kittens.

That's about all the news I have. DeeJay, it sounds like you've had some great and well deserved success. I hear you on running out of clients. It's very much like what I do. I fill my open jobs, then have to start all over looking for new ones to work on. It's a never ending cycle.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Hey Marcy, Zoe and Deegee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, tell me more about the upcoming Tumi sale. :appl: I got a briefcase from them last summer and it was discounted something like that but it was still pretty expensive. Marty has quite a bit of Tumi luggage and briefcases and they wear like iron. I have several Tumi nylon handbags and they have held up great. I am a fan for sure. I was looking at their cases last night for my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. My iPad air case from them fits the 2 okay but it's deeper than the 2 so I think the thinner case would work better. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because other than depth and the camera partly covered up it works okay. I had one of their leather cases for my iPhone 5 and will probably get one for my 6. I know they occasionally have 20% off sales so I'll be watching my email for that notice.

That is an awesome reward to get Friday afternoon off after a placement. I think that is the best way to reward an employee. I am glad you checked out the Apple watch and really liked it.

Hopefully you can find a pair of kittens soon. Good idea! I know they'd be adorable.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results