shape
carat
color
clarity

My upgraded Sapphire and Diamond Ring (5ct + 1.2 Diamonds)

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar ring for 20 years now and recently stumbled upon this when purchasing my new eternity band. I just love it! I need to get a job in a jewelry store :)

img_7914.jpg

img_7915.jpg

img_7918.jpg

img_7919.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My upgraded Sapphire and Diamond Ring (5ct + 1.2 Diamond

Ah, I love sapphires. You have chosen a beautiful ring. It looks so elegant and royal on you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooooh that's beautiful!!!! Congrats!!!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much Acinom and Arkiebl. It was my favorite ring forever and lucked out with the trade in/upgrade. I appreciate the kind words.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is gorgeous!!! I, too, have a very old ring like that, but it desperately needs an upgrade to a better sapphire like yours!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty ring. The sapphire is a great color.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a beautiful blue...great find!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS!!!!!! Is it heated? .......more pic please!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So gorgeous! A lovely blue sapphire ring is high on my must have wish list. I am not sure I will ever find one that compares with the beauties that I have seen on PS-well, at least not in my price range.

That is a beautiful ring! Congratulations! It looks lovely on you. The color is divine.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a ring that it fit for a Princess........ or a Duchess ;)) . It's beautiful. Congrats!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

MOTOWNMAMA: Thank you so much for all the kind words. I will take more pictures as soon as I get it back. They are adding little diamonds down the sides of the ring, like I had on my previous one. PS: I am sure it is heated (although I forgot to ask)! All the other dealers, of-course, I asked and not this time bc it was instant :love: . haha I priced out a few large Sapphires that were not heated, so based on what I paid, I'm sure it is.

luv2sparkle: PS I think I got a very good price and I trust the person I worked with immensely! We bought my other eternity band from him 10 years ago and then the EC one (and 2 jewelers here that I independently had them appraised, all stated that they were exactly what I was told). It was "John" at Raffi Jewelers in NYC (5th/Diamond District).

Diamondseeker2006- Go see Raffi (I sold him my other ring and it's just like it but larger diamonds and a 3ct cornflower blue). It did have an inclusion in it but I guess considered "eye clean". He would give you a great deal!!

Gemgirl, tyty333, marcy: Thank you so much. I have a bunch of daughters that are chomping at the bit for it :)

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

WOW!!! that sapphire is phenomenal and that halo is the perfect proportions. I'm in LOVE!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks so much Lorrissey! I agree bc my old one had bigger diamonds (20pts each) and they did seem to large for the 3ct sapphire. This is much more proportionate.

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock

Emeraldcutlover, you have a stunning new ring!! I love sapphires, especially the deeper colour ones. I have a similar ring, act sapphire, 1.2ct diamond halo, now i would love a bigger centre stone!!!

Where did you purchase it, it is really fabulous, hope you are delighted with it!

Sorry, very poor photo!

img_0009_0.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Hi DiamondBaby! Your ring is beautiful!!! Wow, it's huge!! What size is your sapphire? I got my new ring at "Raffi" Fine Jewelry in the Diamond District (5th) right on the corner in that multiple booth place when you first reach the DD. Ask for John and tell him you met someone who just bought an EC Eternity Band and Sapphire Halo ring from him at the same time. He'll know me. We have bought from him for the past 10 years and his quality has always been stellar and his prices are very fair. Thank you for the compliment and I hope you get your new stone too :)

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock

Hi Emeraldcutlover,
there was a typo in the previous post!!! The sapphire is 3ct. Unfortunately i do not live in the USA, so unless he has an online store, he won't be possible for me I'm afraid. I would love to get earrings and a necklace to match mine, its difficult to match the dark colour of the stone. I have some loose sapphires that might do the trick, but i had my eye on them for something else!!!.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! It's gorgeous!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Diamondbaby- Where are you? You could probably telephone him and he can ship you something possibly? PS Your stone looks HUGE!

RockinRuby- Thanks so much!! :angel:

ckh04

Rough_Rock

That is a beautiful ring! I recently purchased a very similar ring, named Kate for obvious reasons! :) I love the darker blue sapphires but she's a little moody and can get dark in certain lighting. When I first took her out at my desk at work, I was really disappointed, but in the sun and most other lighting, she just glows like no other. Sold to me as no heat (with AGL cert.), approximately 2 carats, cushion cut with OMC diamond halo. :)

img_7932.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock

I love your beautiful new sapphire ring! Of course that Ballon Bleu Cartier watch Is a beauty too. :D

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Emeraldcutlover - your ring is T.D.F. It's really, really stunning. I think it's better than Kate's because your sapphire is bluer (hers is darker) and your diamonds are bigger. I would much rather have yours than hers. It's completely amazing. I would love to own something like that. Do you wear it every day - like, as your signature piece?

The other two rings posted here are also lovely.

I know that the gem-and-diamond-halo look is a classic and has been around for a loooong time, but does anyone remember back before Princess Diana got her sapphire (now owned by Kate) whether there were a lot of large sapphire rings surrounded by diamonds? Obviously that's a real popular look now, but was it ever thus? Or do people really only do large sapphire plus diamonds as a result of what Diana wore? I don't remember and am just curious.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

ckh04- Hi and thank you so much. Your ring is truly beautiful and reminds me of what my previous one looked like. It had the same proportions and the sapphire looks like yours and was called a cornflower blue. I would receive compliments on it everytime I wore it and it was always my favorite piece of jewelry! I love yours :)

aac2013- Thank you and I just got my watch for Christmas. It was a surprise and I have to say I do love it and am very grateful. I have a lot of daughters, so they will get some good stuff :)

Jambalaya- Hi and thank you so much for your wonderful compliment! That's the best one you could give me :appl: Also, I do remember (dating myself) when Diana received her beautiful ring. My father had actually bought me one right before she had hers (much smaller and I had been shopping w him for my Mother's gift and saw it on display (much smaller!! and he bought it for me). At the time, I had never seen anything like it. I actually wanted a bigger one for an engagement ring when I was getting married, but my husband thought it didn't look like one to him (American, can you tell). lol It did become quite more popular after Diana, but not nearly as it is now.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

I just wanted to post an updated photo with the diamonds I had added on the sides of the ring. I had this on my previous ring and just loved it. Raffi was kind enough to do it at no charge!

img_8528.jpg

img_8529.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock

So pretty. Very regal and looks fabulous on your hand :appl:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much Makeable :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning ring, Emeraldcutlover! A real 'lifetime achievement' piece!

Enjoy in good health :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh it's beautiful!!! :love: Lovely color and the proportions are perfect. I love this style of ring, I have a smaller version, and I love the finger coverage of your ring! The added diamonds look great, the bench did a really nice job.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I love it, especially with the added diamonds!!! :love:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It was gorgeous enough with a plain shank but it's certainly ramped up a bit with the added diamonds! :appl: Beautiful setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results