shape
carat
color
clarity

Stay Classy Tiffany

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
I know there has been MUCH debate about Customer Service at Tiffany, and that with Sales Associates...and I am aware that with my insurance, they could not take the amount from my insurance and I no longer have a Tiffany e-ring; but they were kind and at the very end, right before my father was going to re-buy it all (stretch his wallet) and then wait to be reimbursed, I took the settlement with GRAFF because the ring was closest to my old one. I love my Graff ring, and their SAs who worked tirelessly with Perfect Circle but...

yesterday evening...

Some at Tiffany heard I was sick from my SA, who then told a Customer Service friend (we have had coffee once as well, as we live on the same block) and the two of them knew I was only missing ONE discontinued Tiffany book by John Loring...so they found it on Amazon and mailed it. Out of the kindness of their hearts. How they remembered I had been looking for that book and how much it would mean to me, is beyond me....

I have to say, my experience at my local Tiffany (happens to be the Flagship) has always been great, and I guess I just wanted to share their sweet gesture. When you're in my current situation, beautiful reading material is like champagne!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a kind and thoughtful gesture! Thank you for sharing that Mrs. Whitney. I always enjoy hearing about people making an extra effort to do something nice for someone. I'm sure the kindness makes the gift even sweeter.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle|1431614886|3876670 said:
What a kind and thoughtful gesture! Thank you for sharing that Mrs. Whitney. I always enjoy hearing about people making an extra effort to do something nice for someone. I'm sure the kindness makes the gift even sweeter.

It was....so kind. Even my furniture store in NYC, where I canceled a purchase due to the fact I found out I had cancer and had to move to TN, in lieu of a fuss about a DAY OF cancelation, sent a HUGE bouquet of flowers and hand signed card.

I would never ask or expect anything- from anyone- not even my husband- but these gestures mean a lot....I would never assume it.

Even here- with all the prayers and dust...for this 29 year old, who was in shock, it means the world.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really nice hearing these things, that people care and act upon it. Thank you for sharing, it brightened my day!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that's awesome. Ill be honest, I expected to hear they did something super obnoxious with this title, lol

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sweet!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
ame|1431617683|3876691 said:
Wow that's awesome. Ill be honest, I expected to hear they did something super obnoxious with this title, lol

You are right! I thought about that after!!!!!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting this - it brightened my day!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so nice to hear that Tiffany's did that for you - we hear so many negative things in the world today from every angle so it's nice to hear when people take the time out to be kind. Random acts of kindness are the best and I know it is heartwarming to you. Helps to restore some faith in humankind after the loss you suffered with your jewelry.

Hope you are doing well and tolerating your treatments. I think of you often!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
VRBeauty|1431631900|3876799 said:
Thanks for posting this - it brightened my day!

Doesn't it! It made me smile, and I am still smiling at the gesture.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1431638189|3876828 said:
It is so nice to hear that Tiffany's did that for you - we hear so many negative things in the world today from every angle so it's nice to hear when people take the time out to be kind. Random acts of kindness are the best and I know it is heartwarming to you. Helps to restore some faith in humankind after the loss you suffered with your jewelry.

Hope you are doing well and tolerating your treatments. I think of you often!

First, MissGotRocks, just getting your replies make me feel good- I used to be on PS when you joined. I did want to post it because I did feel like in every area, at least in somewhere, there is negativity. And of course, no one is perfect, but it was a perfect gesture.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love hearing good stories like this! That was very kind of them!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How very thoughtful of them. Sometimes the only thing that get us thru tough times is the kindess if others. I think it is probably safe to say that you were also very kind during your dealings with them. Especially when you consider the number of people both companies deal with during an average week.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a wonderful and touching story! Get well soon Mrs. Whitney, I do not know your exact story and not sure you shared anywhere, I did read most of your insurance thread but I do wish you get better very very soon and I tell you that in my opinion nothing in the world beats this type of a gesture and kindness. It is more important than anything monetary. It means the whole world sometimes when you are down and it can be rare nowadays so value people that do this. Hope you have a great time reading the book and keep us posted about yourself.

BTW, congrats on your new ring too, so happy for you that things are settled now.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
OVincze|1431717153|3877180 said:
What a wonderful and touching story! Get well soon Mrs. Whitney, I do not know your exact story and not sure you shared anywhere, I did read most of your insurance thread but I do wish you get better very very soon and I tell you that in my opinion nothing in the world beats this type of a gesture and kindness. It is more important than anything monetary. It means the whole world sometimes when you are down and it can be rare nowadays so value people that do this. Hope you have a great time reading the book and keep us posted about yourself.

BTW, congrats on your new ring too, so happy for you that things are settled now.

Thank you OVincze- I am 29 and have cancer----and the BRCA gene mutation---but I found out after falling in my town of NYC, and would not heal...

24caratsequin

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful, thoughtful gesture.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
24caratsequin|1431736727|3877286 said:
What a beautiful, thoughtful gesture.

Yes, and today they all sent cards....with beautiful diamonds on them...and a huge new book! I cannot get over how kind they are. It really gives me fun pictures to look at, and makes me not forgotten at my beloved store...

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Mrs. Whitney, yes I read your other threads and I am very sorry to hear about you, this is unimaginable, when you can finally be happy then you are hit with this awful disease and also lose your jewelry. This must be so hard, we cannot even begin to comprehend. Still you have the most important thing in your life, love and support from your family and wonderful husband. This has to count. How are you doing today? I read that you had a bad day yesterday and sorry but I could not respond yesterday to your other thread. I just did not know the details of your condition and perhaps you never shared what you are battling but I felt very worried especially because you said that you got bad news yesterday. I hope you can fight this, I am sure that all of you are doing everything. Life is not fair sometimes but I am definitely routing for you and crossing my fingers that you fight this successfully to live happily ever after. If you need support and want to share and even need a shoulder, we are here for you and of course if you want to start a thread and talk to people daily about how you are, I am absolutely positive that many of us would be here to listen. Hang in there and enjoy your great books and bling and most importantly your husband and family. Glad to hear you like your new home.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
OVincze|1431871212|3877749 said:
Hi Mrs. Whitney, yes I read your other threads and I am very sorry to hear about you, this is unimaginable, when you can finally be happy then you are hit with this awful disease and also lose your jewelry. This must be so hard, we cannot even begin to comprehend. Still you have the most important thing in your life, love and support from your family and wonderful husband. This has to count. How are you doing today? I read that you had a bad day yesterday and sorry but I could not respond yesterday to your other thread. I just did not know the details of your condition and perhaps you never shared what you are battling but I felt very worried especially because you said that you got bad news yesterday. I hope you can fight this, I am sure that all of you are doing everything. Life is not fair sometimes but I am definitely routing for you and crossing my fingers that you fight this successfully to live happily ever after. If you need support and want to share and even need a shoulder, we are here for you and of course if you want to start a thread and talk to people daily about how you are, I am absolutely positive that many of us would be here to listen. Hang in there and enjoy your great books and bling and most importantly your husband and family. Glad to hear you like your new home.

I do...I am lucky- my parents moved to the same city, my husband knows the doctors who are so kind. I am lucky for that. I do miss having friends near me...they all have planned visits. I did get some not great news, about the advancement- so I am putting my masters loans in forbearance for now, and then if the worst happens, they are all very kind about the write-off so I do not leave my family (husband really) with my Ivy League debt :angel: so I have had a bit harder of a few days doing things I did not plan-ever.

People in Knoxville I have to say have been very nice as well. I wanted to go out and browse TJ Maxx/Homegoods and fainted halfway in- they gave me some water, I sat and took my medications- and moved on to finds some neat book ends for our home. I think coming back to PS was one of the most healthy things I could do- my doctors all say interacting is so important, and keeping my interests...and since I did start on PS in 2005 I believe, it is so nice to be back (I used to be on a lot more as UCLABelle) because I can keep in touch but not tire myself by going out.

I do have a LOVELY outdoors patio and area with trees. Something totally rare for a former city girl :D :D :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results