shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do the same thing. I have one set of baroque Tahitian earrings on shepherd hooks, where one pearl is slightly longer than the other. I put that one in the ear that has the higher piercing and tell myself that it balances me out.

That said, I can't honestly say that I've seen anyone looking askance at my earrings, so it's probably not obvious to anyone else but me. (no-one has asked me if I'm wearing them ironically yet, anyway). ;-)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I do all of the above, as well. See, we're not odd, we're normal!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, one of mine got ripped wearing hoops decades ago.... It's not so bad I can't wear earrings though. It' makes us interesting. :think:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I swear by lobe wonder patches...they seem to make all manner of ear wonkiness disappear!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Today I'm wearing my ruby heart pearl drops and 3 strands of old rosy white akoyas.

img_2040_0.jpg img_2037.jpg

And here are 3 more.

My coin pearls. My blue baroques from PP.

img_2021.jpg
img_2027.jpg

And a necklace I made myself from side drilled drops. I just liked the way the pearls cuddled together on the thread and looked like a doubled strand.

img_2030.jpg

I know bigger pearls are really in right now, but I just love the feel of wearing layers of smaller pearls. I find the bigger pearls to be too hot and heavy. Ropes of smaller pearls just feel like heaven to me.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1435153067|3893471 said:
Today I'm wearing my ruby heart pearl drops and 3 strands of old rosy white akoyas.

img_2040_0.jpg img_2037.jpg

And here are 3 more.

My coin pearls. My blue baroques from PP.

img_2021.jpg
img_2027.jpg

And a necklace I made myself from side drilled drops. I just liked the way the pearls cuddled together on the thread and looked like a doubled strand.

img_2030.jpg

I know bigger pearls are really in right now, but I just love the feel of wearing layers of smaller pearls. I find the bigger pearls to be too hot and heavy. Ropes of smaller pearls just feel like heaven to me.

Nice necklaces! All of them. What is the length of the longer ones? By the way I feel it's all about what you like and not what's in. Plus what's not in is likely to be in again, and so ...

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
The coin pearls are 30 inches.
The 6 mm white akoya strand and the dark side drilled drops are 32 inches.
And my natural white 8 mm Hanadamas are 36 inches.

If I'm going to wear pearls, I want to see them without looking in a mirror. And I like to play with them and touch them. Plus, there's something about a flapper with a long strand of pearls that really appeals to me.

I find smaller pearls seem to be more comfortable to wear, and more fun to stroke than the big gum balls. And I like to wear layers of them, which is harder to do with the bigger pearls, because they are very heavy. I've ordered some large ripples and baroques and while beautiful, they just weren't me, and I returned them. They're very heavy and I just feel a bit like Wilma Flintstone in them. I think they look fantastic on other people, but weird on me. I ordered them because of the photos people posted here and I thought they looked amazing. I'm just thrilled that there is such a variety to choose from.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I know a couple of you were interested in seeing the youpearl necklace I bought. So here are some photos!
The shipping was very fast. I was told it would take about, 3 weeks but they were here in 4 business days. The price was great at just $51, and that was with shipping.
The necklace is 26 inches and the pearls are between 6 and 7mm.

The pearls are called AAA. But I don't think there isn't any type of standard across the board, so really anyone can call their pearls "AAA". Here is what I noticed. They aren't round. They are off round. However based on the price that doesn't bother me. They are very pretty and shiny. Even though they are white pearls, they almost have a cream, or off white body color. I think a little bit more than my other white pearls. There are some pinkish overtones. More so in some pearls than others.

In the end I feel they are a nice Summer accessory for the price, and I know I will get a lot of wear out of them.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Around my wrist. I can't get them around four times. That would have been cool. Peter the cat in the back.

youpearl1.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
With some other pearls for comparison. I don't have a lot of white pearls. Mostly colors. But here you can see them next to freshadama and metallic studs. Some large baroque pearls from PP, and some pearls from Stachura. They were loose and I put a few on a wire.

youpearl2.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're great! They're not that off-round for freshwaters, and the luster looks nice. How do they compare IRL to your Freshadamas? (in the picture they look like they may have just a smidge less luster and are just a bit less round).

I love Peter too!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1436222393|3899647 said:
I think they're great! They're not that off-round for freshwaters, and the luster looks nice. How do they compare IRL to your Freshadamas? (in the picture they look like they may have just a smidge less luster and are just a bit less round).

I love Peter too!

I would say yes to both. The off roundness is the kind of thing you don't notice so much when they are being worn, or when you are looking at the whole necklace. But if you are looking for it you'll find it. I know you pearl people know what I mean :).

And thank you. Peter is a good cat!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty pearls, I love that they can wrap the wrist. How was the surface clean or blemished. I have never heard of you pearl.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
There are a few blemishes. I can try and take a photo to show you.

dowhatnow

Rough_Rock
I inherited these Tahitian ones here. Semi=Baroque, the strand is about 18 inches long and the pearls go from 9 to 14 mm.
tahitiahpearls.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Your strand looks lovely, dowhatnow! Can you take close-up photos?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8-9mm pearl drop earrings

10-11 mm pearl drop pendent

my_32.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Wow very stunning, ZestfullyBling, look how the colors of your shirt reflect and pick up the color on the pearl pendant.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really pretty Drusyquartz. Do you have more information about your strands? I'm curious about your middle picture in particular.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused. Usually people use this thread to show pictures of strands that they personally own, but these ones look like they are for sale on the website you linked to. Is that your website? If so, you would really want to put your pictures up in the PriceScope Cafe Preloved Jewels, as that's the only place you are allowed to advertise items that you have for sale. You would also need to clearly identify yourself as a vendor.

But if you are purchasing from that website rather than selling, although they are very pretty pearls I would suggest that the prices seem really out of scope in comparison to other online vendors, and you'd probably be well advised to comparison shop. I'm also not convinced that the blue toned strand is a Tahitian strand as described. I would have guessed it was a blue akoya strand based on the colour, size, and luster.

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
I am posting a shot of my blue Tahitian pearls from Jac.... thanks to all you pearl enablers.... :angel:

These are hard to photograph, but they are a pretty blue similar to my eye color.

img_9522.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!! They really are blue. Can you tell us a little more about them?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
katkashmir|1443900916|3934523 said:
I am posting a shot of my blue Tahitian pearls from Jac.... thanks to all you pearl enablers.... :angel:

These are hard to photograph, but they are a pretty blue similar to my eye color.

those are stunning! I am waiting for him to get back from vacation to buy more for my petite rope, I wanted to get a few blues too! Nice to see they are so stunning!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
innerkitten: They are 10 - 13mm off round blue Tahitian Pearls from Jac. He sells on etsy and has been mentioned in this forum and the "other" pearl forum. I saw photos of his pearls in both forums and decided that I needed some too. I picked up enough 11mm pastel Tahitians from him to put together a necklace... they are great as well.

crickett: Jac should be back... so happy looking and shopping.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got this in the mail yesterday. The light isn't the best today but I'm going to post two pictures because I'm so excited to receive this necklace. A 35-inch AA+ silver Tahitian baroque with light peacock overtones from PP:

img_9933.jpg

img_9934.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mtsapphirelovingannie|1448558993|3954467 said:
I got this in the mail yesterday. The light isn't the best today but I'm going to post two pictures because I'm so excited to receive this necklace. A 35-inch AA+ silver Tahitian baroque with light peacock overtones from PP:

Oooooh, I can't believe I missed this earlier! That's gorgeous! Lucky you!!!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1449111059|3956710 said:
mtsapphirelovingannie|1448558993|3954467 said:

Oooooh, I can't believe I missed this earlier! That's gorgeous! Lucky you!!!

Thank you. :D I'm very happy with these! They look good with a lot of different colors.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1426025511|3845186 said:
ckrickett|1412815771|3764602 said:
Never posted my pearls. Here's a few pieces from my collection.

photo_2_113.jpg
Sea of Cortez Mabe Ring

photo_3_81.jpg
The Tornado

tincup01.jpg
photo-26.jpg
Scattered Tin Cup

fullsizerender-8.jpg
Tahitian Necklaces 36" rope and 20" Peacocks

photo-23_0.jpg
54" Freshwater rope from PP

adding a few more pieces! sone of the more "fashion" necklaces I have

fullsizerender_1_14.jpg

fullsizerender-10_0.jpg

fullsizerender-49.jpg

fullsizerender-35.jpg

and still adding, more fun pieces and new projects finished!

111myharveststrand.jpg

fullsizerender_2_15.jpg

fullsizerender_1_37.jpg

fullsizerender_1_32.jpg

fullsizerender-89.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results