shape
carat
color
clarity

Pastel Tahitians on the Horizon

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your plan will make one really beautiful necklace. Can't wait to see it finished. Make sure you are on their list with what you want because jeremy is still looking for light tahitians.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok girls saw some of these beauties on Friday. I chose 4 strands to be mixed up to be 2 long nested ropes. Last year was the dark Tahitians and this year will be the lighter body Tahitians. Start saving now :mrgreen:

20150327_143551.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see more pics of them!!! :clap:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have to report that I was unable to hold out any longer from getting my pastel Tahitian strand. I received a strand of silver pistachio pastel smooth drop Tahitians from PP this week. :bigsmile: Now that I reread this thread I realize that it is the pale green strand laying at the top of the bottom group of four in the photo above from 4Ranch Girl. Thank you, 4Ranch Girl, for returning it to the vault! :D

What happened is that I wrote to Hisano a few weeks ago asking for them to be on the lookout for a pistachio baroque Tahitian strand. I was thinking of their upcoming trip to HK in June. Instead, Hisano offered me the only pistachio strand that they had at the moment, a smooth drop silver pistachio strand. I wasn't sure about the silver color, and asked to see it in person. I was afraid it would go dull grey in most lighting, like my other silver bodied Tahitian strand. I should not have worried. When it arrived I was smitten. I have never seen anything quite like this strand. It was silvery, to be sure, but it stayed a distinct light green in color in all lighting. And, the luster was amazingly beautiful. The smooth drops gave it a more refined look than I was initially looking for, but I decided that I could live with that. :razz:

The first photo is the one Hisano first sent to me. The second photo compares the pistachio silver strand in the middle with my darker green bodied baroque Rikitea strand from the PP Tahitian sale last year (on the left) and a silver bodied round Tahitian strand (on the right) that happens to be my first strand of Tahitians. The superior luster of the Pistachio Silver strand compared to the silver strand on the right is apparent. The third photo shows the Pistachio Silver strand with my round multi-colored Tahitian bracelet and my pistachio Tahitian "Elevation Ring". Certainly the drop strand is lighter in color than the pistachio pearl in my bracelet (on the left side of the bracelet as photographed, next to the blue pearl), but as Hisano noted, the strand goes effortlessly well with my bracelet.

pistachiotahitian.jpg

threetahstr.jpg

pistachiosilverstrand.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
those look ethereal!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I asked for the strand to be lengthened to 20", so Hisano chose three additional pearls for the strand. The pearls are a bit darker, and one is quite a bit more baroque, but they looked good to both of us, so I agreed with the choices.

By this time the Mother's Day Sale was on, and I was happy to hear that my piece was eligible for the discount. I asked for the matte ball clasp in 14 kt white gold. My new Mother's Day necklace arrived a couple of days ago.

The photo in the white box shows how some of the pearls have slight peacock overtones.

The neck shot is with a grey top and you can see how much more pistachio the pearls look in comparison.

And, finally, a photo comparing my new silver pistachio strand with my darker green bodied Rikitea strand. I think the new pastel strand will be just right for many of my lighter summer outfits.

Thanks for coming by and I wish all you mom's a Happy Mother's Day. :wavey:

pistachioplus3.jpg

pistachio_0569.jpg

pistachio_0574.jpg

pistachio_0589.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Mother's Day present FlyGirl!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl I am thrilled you got that strand. The color and pearls are very special. Jeremy tried to talk me into adding that strand instead of the silver and blue that I ended up choosing.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the final layout of my 2 ropes that are 4 strands blended. One of the ropes will be 35 inches and the other is 37 inches so they will nest together. They are at the stringers and I should have them soon. Love light Tahitians :mrgreen:

cynde-tahitian1.jpg

cynde-tahitian2.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
FlyGirl - well I never thought I would become a Pistachio pearl lover...but this strand has done it ! That is a gorgeous colour ! And, I love the shape as drops are my favourite ! Well done ! You have to grab these things when they become available and even better YOU GOT THE DISCOUNT!! lol Done Deal !

4Ranch - Oooo those strands are gorgeous! Fabulous colours !

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Happy Mother's Day and gorgeous pearls flygirl and 4rg! Thanks for the eye candy!!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Flygirl, your neckshots really shows how beautiful the pearls look on you. They match your skin tone so well.
4RG, I cant wait to see your new rope. It is gorgeous!

Happy Mother's day to all!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ckrickett, LG, 4RG, katbran, icy_jade and Bailey1856. 4Ranch Girl, thank you for some of the back story of my new pearl strand. I knew that they were incredibly special the moment I opened the box and saw the strand. It is nice to know that Jeremy agrees.

Thank you to 4Ranch Girl for the scouting report and the peek at your two new ropes prior to stringing. Now that we know the story, I can pick out the silvery blue drop pearls about every 4 pearls. I can understand why you chose those, and I absolutely love the contrast that they give. Your new set of pearls will be stunning.

DH was in Brussels, Belgium on business last week, and purchased chocolates for me and hand-carried them home. So, now I have Belgian chocolates to go with my Tahitian pistachios. Yum! I am one lucky lady.

I wore my Humphrey silver akoya and stainless steel earrings with my new necklace today. Next on my wish list is natural color pistachio akoya ear studs. They are on the PP shopping list for HK. :lickout:

pischo_0599.jpg

pischo_0607.jpg

pistoday_0605.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
all of them are just beautiful!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
They are really smooth drops and a rare color Flygirl it's hard to top that! Beautiful, I like the more baroque pearl that was added I love that shape, kinda of of acorn like. More pictures when you can please! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranchgirl, your new ropes are interesting with the silver tahitians and the small pearls mixed in with the larger pearls at random. I'm sure there is a pattern, I like that it is not graduate small to large in size. Very nice! Pictures please. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
luscious!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl and 4Ranch Girl, your new strands are so beautiful. Congrats and enjoy in good wealth! I look forward to many, many neck shots!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, your new pistachio Tahitian strand is beautiful, very special, and it glows on you in that last photo ... stunning :)

4RanchGirl, those 2 ropes are breathtaking ... hope to see those in person!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, I'm also intrigued by the pistachios now because I thought they look flattering on very pale skin, but I see you have, how is it called, pink undertones (sorry, English is not my first language)? I have somewhat similar skin coloration, fair skin with some pink, I do tan in the summer but I get a lighter colour tan, more like a golden tan; I wonder if pistachios would look good on me. I guess I could just order to try but being in Canada and with all the sunk costs I try to only order things I believe I'm likely to keep.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments, ckrickett, Frost Me, Pirard, Tucs, and CRDKeshi. I feel very fortunate to have lucked upon this strand.

Tucs, I find that if you look good in a particular color of clothing that you will probably enjoy wearing that color in pearls. I look good in greys, most greens without a yellow undertone, all blues, reds and purples. I avoid coral, peach and orange. So, peacock pearls, green pearls, aubergine and cherry pearls are all great. Yes, I have a lot of red in my skin and those peachy pink Chinese freshwaters just die on me. Too bad, because I love those ripple strands that are so popular now.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl -- I don't own any pistachio tops, I will keep this in mind next time I go shopping for tops.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1431232554|3874705 said:
Here are the final layout of my 2 ropes that are 4 strands blended. One of the ropes will be 35 inches and the other is 37 inches so they will nest together. They are at the stringers and I should have them soon. Love light Tahitians :mrgreen:
I keep coming back to your double strand rope...it makes me weak in the knees!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results