shape
carat
color
clarity

Little Red

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the photo of LittleRed on you, movie zombie. It's a great size on you even though you are petite. I'm glad you are receiving compliments on your new cutie.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I wore my little friend today. I hooked his arm over a strand of faceted labradorite rondels, even though I was mildly concerned he might fall off. He stayed put all day, until I got home and was getting out of the car ... he came unhooked and fell down my shirt (which is much better than hitting the pavement).

It's amusing that people are fascinated even before they realize it's an octopus.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting one too! Waiting for the next batch to be "birthed" (??) by Sheri.

But I don't really have a chain that can work with the octo babies. Can you ladies pls post photos of what you have worn them on?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't have an octo-baby but I could see it being cute on just a ribbon in a color that matches the metal or the pearl, if nothing else. :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1430012648|3867840 said:
I'm getting one too! Waiting for the next batch to be "birthed" (??) by Sheri.

But I don't really have a chain that can work with the octo babies. Can you ladies pls post photos of what you have worn them on?

I've used a sterling silver chain. I think it's called a "popcorn" chain, so it's slightly oxidized (you can Google for images). A leather cord also fits through the closed loop. And the hooked arm fits over lots of things.

I'm happy that Sheri is going to make another batch. :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go IcyJade. I have worn mine on 6mm metallic gold pearls and used a 14kt gold ehancer bale to attach the octo to the pearls. And on a chain through one of his arms which works too.

img_7742.jpg

cutie.jpg

Octogirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Awww, he sure looks like he's having fun hanging out! For a more casual look, you could wear him on leather or rubber, too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1430097145|3868233 said:
Here you go IcyJade. I have worn mine on 6mm metallic gold pearls and used a 14kt gold ehancer bale to attach the octo to the pearls. And on a chain through one of his arms which works too.

Thank you! It looks great! Can't wait to get mine. I asked for a ripple too. :drool:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I got a little sterling chain for Little Dude, but I have considered putting him on a smaller MM set of pearls I have. I just haven't done it yet.
I got this chain off of amazon, it was inexpensive, and looks nice with him.

fullsizerender-33.jpg

fullsizerender-25.jpg

fullsizerender-28.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Little Red says high to Little Dude! and I think Little Dude looks great on the silver chain all by himself! great color [metal and pearl] on you.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Here's a picture of the pendant I was lucky enough to purchase on a sterling mesh chain I had on hand. As I've said before, I absolutely love the details of this pendant.

img_7752.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great on that mesh chain!
I think it compliments the pearl.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
movie zombie|1430181272|3868714 said:
looks great on that mesh chain!
I think it compliments the pearl.

Thanks movie zombie!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1429143555|3862562 said:
NacreLover|1428789659|3860544 said:
How fun Movie Zombie! I'm glad you're enjoying Red. Can you post another photo in different light on the neck?

Little Red was out again today and once again got noticed!

picture for you NL per your request:
Hi MZ, I love it! No surprise it got noticed.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
It is fun to see all the little octos!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, innerkitten!
wore Little Red today and once again he was much admired by many at many locations.
I find it interesting the attention he gets.......

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I am aware that this is an international forum, but I'm just wondering if anyone here watches Mad Men. There was a piece of art featured in last night's episode, Katsushika Hokusai’s The Dream of the Fisherman’s Wife, which dates back to 1814.

I may never look at an octopus the same way again. ;-)

Btw, the fisherman's wife is a pearl diver.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OOOH I am familiar with that! I collect Japanese woodblock prints and whenever I am researching them that one always comes up.

it's very..... interesting. As an artist I absolutely love it, but I would never hang it in my house, or want to look at it everyday, or once a week, or a year....

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Octogirl :wavey: Wonderful to see all the little octopi out and about ... I need a sea creature for sure LOL :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Octogirl|1431374502|3875187 said:
CRDKeshi|1431371417|3875180 said:
Hi Octogirl :wavey: Wonderful to see all the little octopi out and about ... I need a sea creature for sure LOL :)

I believe announcement of the arrival of a new litter of babies is imminent!

there have been some "ultrasounds" of the little guys floating around!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results