shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
sisxixon|1431122707|3874220 said:
Acinom, could you link us to the page? I ran to the gemtrader site and couldn't see any of these new ones!

THEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT!!!! :D :D :D

Submit your Email adress on the homepage....

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope a PSer got the Paraiba-Type tourmaline from Gene's page :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Dear jeebus I hope it was me. I saw it as available, put it in my card and paid, but I know that doesn't always mean anything. It says out of stock now so that's promising, but I'll believe it when I hear from Gene.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1431126186|3874245 said:
Dear jeebus I hope it was me. I saw it as available, put it in my card and paid, but I know that doesn't always mean anything. It says out of stock now so that's promising, but I'll believe it when I hear from Gene.

Fingers crossed! Keep us posted please. The ruby was sold fast as well

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 1.8 ct top colour spinel for 2.000 USD from Jim Mc Cormick. The colour looks very tempting and pleasing to my eyes. Please note that there is a window according to the description. According to the same description it's not very apparant because of the very saturated colour. I never heard about windows disappearing if the colour is saturated, so ask some advice here from the experienced CS PSers. Have a look at the video as well!

For what it's worth: I have one stone from Jim and the video was spot on, more so than the photo.

_30040.jpg

_30041.jpg

_30042.jpg

_30043.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1431127522|3874255 said:
jstarfireb|1431126186|3874245 said:

Fingers crossed! Keep us posted please. The ruby was sold fast as well

Wasn't me. Just got my refund from Gene. :cry:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I'm in the same shoes jstarfireb - I also thought I bought the Tourmaline (*and* the Ruby) but I too was just refunded in full. So disappointing, isn't it?

Honestly, I don't know why I try for his stones anymore; these last several years I am always refunded without fail - but I was on my computer when this drop's email came through so I thought I had a chance (ha).

Well, hopefully other PSers were lucky enough to get one/both of these stones, and will share photos and reactions when they see them in person.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Wow I had no idea his drops were that competitive. I too went straight on his computer as soon as the email landed in my inbox, and was very tempted to get that tourmaline. But alas I'm on a gemstone diet now. ;(

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I liked both, but that ruby was gorgeous.

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
It sure was. I was watching thegemtrader site but completely missed Gene's drop. I'm signed up now.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1431133543|3874317 said:
I liked both, but that ruby was gorgeous.

Mmmm it really is...I'm almost glad it was gone before I even saw the drop, bc I've been on a major spree lately and cannot justify anything else...and I think I would've had to buy it if I'd had the chance!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JD's gunmetal spinel's listing ended early, and I was out-bid for three other listings of his by a tiny margin, hey ho. The money is safe in my piggy bank for a bit longer.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nice thing about Gene is that the tourmaline could be sold for so much more, and as a precision gem, to boot. That color is rare, but he bought the rough a long time ago and passed on the savings. He's a very fair lapidary, and I admire that about him.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading Gene's description I would guess he has more rough where this came from...
Could be worth it to contact him about it. His stones are of such high quality and with great pricing.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Don't hate me because I am beautiful!

Or because I got the ruby and the tourmaline from Gene's drop. . .

I am so thrilled. :appl: I have Gene's site on my phone and check it at least ten times a day, every stinking day. It was easier when he just did Sunday nights, then I just reloaded all night on Sundays. I just happened to check it about three minutes before he sent the email. I had already paid with Paypal before the email even arrived in my inbox.

I WILL post pics when they arrive, if that helps any . . . :bigsmile:

Never did get the gemtrader email, but my budget is blown for the year anyway. Plus I only buy from Gene and Jerry, because I'm addicted to their cutting.

I'll set these beauties sometime in the fall, when budget permits. Or when my lottery check arrives, whichever comes first. :lol:

catwig.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1431191799|3874536 said:

I am so thrilled. :appl: I have Gene's site on my phone and check it at least ten times a day, every stinking day. It was easier when he just did Sunday nights, then I just reloaded all night on Sundays. I just happened to check it about three minutes before he sent the email. I had already paid with Paypal before the email even arrived in my inbox.

Never did get the gemtrader email, but my budget is blown for the year anyway. Plus I only buy from Gene and Jerry, because I'm addicted to their cutting.

I'll set these beauties sometime in the fall, when budget permits. Or when my lottery check arrives, whichever comes first. :lol:

Lol! Well done being so quick. Looking forward to your photos of both stones.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done iLander!! Looking forward to admire your pics. Yay!!! Your perseverance paid out. I hope it will arrive soon.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander - glad those PrecisionGem beauties are coming your way... can't wait to hear what you think of them IRL!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
iLander - congratulations on a fabulous ruby. I can't wait to see how you set it. Love the picture - too cute!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Cute pic iLander and congrats. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
christiekpearson said:

You need to start a new thread with your question. This thread is for PSers to show stones that they think are a good potential purchase.

Start your own thread and I'm sure many would be happy to give their opinions. However, many posters do not like to click through to outside links, so you may want to post a photo from the vendor's site.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Since I’ve recently blown my colored stones budget for the year, I’ve had to call off a project that I was working on with Blaze Wharton (http://blazengems.com/retail/shop/) and Jerry Newman. I was going to have Jerry cut a piece of Blaze’s Montana sapphire rough. I’m thinking that someone else might be in the market for such a project, so I decided to post the extra photos of the rough that Blaze sent to me so that someone else doesn’t have to redo the initial leg work.

I was primarily interested in the 10.49 carat green plate (I thought nice color) which is 12mm x 13.5mm x 5mm. The piece is very shallow, and Jerry thought it might make an 8ish mm round or is best used as a pair of other stones. Blaze also has an 11.36 ct green to purple color change cylinder that is 12mm x 13.5mm x 5mm. Jerry thought a flexible mixed rectangle might work on that one, which is basically an emerald cut shape, but sparklier. Both stones will lose a lot of weight to become gems and they are on Blaze’s website.

If anyone is interested, I suggest they contact Blaze to extend the return period and then send the stones to Jerry for in-hand evaluation. I'm not sure if the color change will show up if it's cut the long way, that's something that Jerry would need to see in person.

sam_15.jpg

sam_6196.jpg

image002_2.jpg

_30111.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1431191799|3874536 said:

Girl we do not hate you because you are beautiful. We hate you because you are beautiful and you got the ruby and tourmaline! But you can make it all better when you post pics when they arrive. :devil:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LisaRN|1431400698|3875349 said:
Girl we do not hate you because you are beautiful. We hate you because you are beautiful and you got the ruby and tourmaline! But you can make it all better when you post pics when they arrive. :devil:

LOL! You're so funny, Lisa. :lol:

I will definitely post pictures when they arrive. :bigsmile:

I hope I'm not the only one here old enough to remember that obnoxious "don't hate me" ad :shock:

Here it is on youtube, if anyone wants to flash back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8ul-gmLyA

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS friends/advisors

Here on one finger are the gems I bought in the past 6 weeks or so that were all on this thread (somebody's gotta buy this stone). I am thrilled with my aquisitions. First one is Cambodian zircon from Jeff Davies site. It's hard to get a picture together with the others because it is so flashy. It's my first zircon. Next is a tanzanite I got on loupe troop from freke child / Elle W. It was cut by Gene. I have many tanzanites but this is my biggest!! It is so sparkly! Last four are the set of four spinels I just bought on diamond bistro from LisaRN. They are all just super gorgeous. Im most suprised by the blue one. My first blue spinels were tiny excellent quality cobalt blues from Vietnam. And based on what I have read, blue spinels usually have grey in them. I like that. Never expected this blue that is neither cobalt nor grayish. I love it. I'll start individual threads as I seek you help in setting

Thanks all!!!

image_3552.jpg

_30379.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you have done so well - those are phenomenal. I wish my first "learner" stones had looked like those. The spinels, especially the blue, look great.

S

SparkliesLuver

For someone looking for a champagne colored stone, this is it. Flawless, well-cut, bright and affordable topaz.

1.95 cts
7.2mm
IF
No treatment
$185

http://www.clearcutgems.com/topaz.html

ETA: P.S. Check out their sunstones if you're in the market for a red/orange or green - WOW! :love:

topaz-tp4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results