shape
carat
color
clarity

Update from MrsWhitney and formerly UCLABelle

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Hi Y'all....

Okay, probably not that Southern yet, but I have to say, the fresh air and space is really helping me fight the cancer. I hate to admit it because I always felt like a TRUE city girl (and a Californian/New Yorker Bicoastal Babe), but I am loving East Tennessee and Knoxville. Of course, it has been two weeks or less but, it is pretty nice.

First, I am getting used to the space. In NYC, even with a fair amount of money, we were smashed in a smaller apartment. My friends send daily UES pics (I left JUST as Spring hit- NYC best time of year, to me at least) so I do get homesick, but I am liking it.

I have GREAT doctors, that know my husband, and that helps with the medical aspect...and although all my major jewelry pieces are gone...I at least have an engagement ring. And it sparkles. And makes me smile....

Anyway, wanted to update those of you. I finally have internet so, I am back on for good! :angel:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi MrsWhitney! (I didn't realize that you and UCLABelle are one and the same.)

I'm so glad that you're happy with Tennessee. I've never been there so I couldn't comment or give advice earlier, but I'm glad to read that you're settling in nicely. I'm so happy, as well, that you love your new doctors. Sending you positive thoughts!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Hi Zoe- yes it is me, but when PS switched over, for some reason I did not change my name fast enough, and had to start from scratch...then life got in the way :)

But thank you :) All positive thoughts are very very appreciated :) I am so happy to be back on PS. And yes, Tennessee is calming for my condition right now!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you Mrs. Whitney! Hugs and much dust for your complete recovery!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You still have the greatest jewel of all!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Lady_Disdain: Thank you :angel:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1430832984|3872377 said:
You still have the greatest jewel of all!

Ditto Lady Disdain!

I'm sorry to hear that you're battling cancer but so glad to hear that your move has helped. My brother is planning a relocation within a few years, and one of his criteria is, unfortunately, proximity to hospitals with excellent cancer treatment programs. I'm guessing this was also one of your criteria? Please feel free not to answer this, but may I ask what hospital your doctors are associated with?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs Whitney, Tennessee is lovely. You just may find you are more of a country girl than you thought you were! Glad to hear you are feeling well and enjoying your new ring.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Sending more healing, positive thoughts your way, Mrs. Whitney!! :wavey:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear your positive update, MrsWhitney! I followed your last few threads and was wondering how things were going. It must be really nice to be with your husband. How are you tolerating treatment?

Sending you lots of prayers!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
baby nurse|1430861305|3872605 said:
So glad to hear your positive update, MrsWhitney! I followed your last few threads and was wondering how things were going. It must be really nice to be with your husband. How are you tolerating treatment?

I am actually at peace here; and tolerating their plan and medications well. Thus far. My parents come Thursday since Ryan is on nights.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to hear it. I've been to Tennessee for short visits and it's lovely. Wishing you continued peace there.

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Hi MrsWhitney :wavey:

Glad to hear that you 're settling in and liking my hometown. Especially glad that you're reunited with you hubby and doing well with your treatments!

Have you been to the Smokey Mountains nearby? Would be fun to rent a cabin for the weekend!

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
How is your hubby settling in? Is he liking his new program?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsWhitney|1430872824|3872699 said:
baby nurse|1430861305|3872605 said:

I am actually at peace here; and tolerating their plan and medications well. Thus far. My parents come Thursday since Ryan is on nights.
UCLABelle :wavey:
Glad to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery :!: ... :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Happy to hear the positive news MrsWhitney! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsWhitney, I am so glad you are doing ok under the circumstances! I am so sorry for what you're going through. It must be hard. Hugs xxx

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you're dealing with this:(
I wish you the best and please keep us updated on your progress!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you're liking east TN -- it really is lovely! You may have more "Southern Belle" in you than you think! Before you know it, you'll be pushing "buggies" at the local "BI-LO" and saying, "...hey, ya'll!!" :bigsmile: :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watch out if you start saying "Bless your heart!" which my friends from the South tell me is their secret code for Eff You!!! LOL.

Did you go to UCLA? I'm a USCBelle myself, bwahahahahahaha.

Glad to hear you're doing well with your treatments and your surroundings. Keep going!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mrswhitney!!!
I am so sorry you are fighting Cancer. But glad you are doing well with the move and feel more at peace. Sounds like you have great support from your Hubby and have a great teams of docs helping you in this tough journey..

I am so glad to see you posting. :wavey:

Sending you a hug and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted!!!! :twirl:

xo

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh|1431105955|3874081 said:
Hi Mrswhitney!!!
I am so sorry you are fighting Cancer. But glad you are doing well with the move and feel more at peace. Sounds like you have great support from your Hubby and have a great teams of docs helping you in this tough journey..

xo

Kaleigh I am SO SO SO happy to hear from you. What happen to you on FB? Have not seen you? your DD must be done with Penn???????

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everything is going well with your treatments and you have been feeling well. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Calliecake|1431448964|3875549 said:
I hope everything is going well with your treatments and you have been feeling well. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.

Thank you so much!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs Whitney, I remember reading your posts back when I was a lurker. I'm so glad you came back here! :wavey:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsWhitney|1431448411|3875545 said:
Hi Mrswhitney!!!

xo

Kaleigh I am SO SO SO happy to hear from you. What happen to you on FB? Have not seen you? your DD must be done with Penn???????

So happy to hear from you too!! Ash finished Penn in 2010. She is a partner in a large financial firm... Still with her BF, and will be getting engaged as soon as my divorce goes through. Am doing well, have missed you!!!
I am on FB. Lisa Elizabeth.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh|1431451702|3875584 said:
MrsWhitney|1431448411|3875545 said:
Hi Mrswhitney!!!

xo

So happy to hear from you too!! Ash finished Penn in 2010. She is a partner in a large financial firm... Still with her BF, and will be getting engaged as soon as my divorce goes through. Am doing well, have missed you!!!
I am on FB. Lisa Elizabeth.

Oh no, I had no idea about you (as you know I was MIA, and went through a divorce- but I know you guys were together much longer- sending prayers!)...your daughter was awesome. Time goes by quick! I remember her applying.

I am having a hard day, got some bad news-----so I am reading this book about a Madame Chic- and I always think of you. I will find you on FB.

Dani

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sending lots of prayers and dust to you Mrs Whitney!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry Dani. YOU hang in there, sending you a gentle hug!!! :))

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Calliecake|1431541195|3876162 said:
I'm sending lots of prayers and dust to you Mrs Whitney!

Thank you Calliecake :) :) :) :) I need all the prayers and dust!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results