shape
carat
color
clarity

second post on every single thread.............

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the CAPS. I didn't actually notice it as we put this out. We will improve on the look as we tweak all the settings.

In general most forum related threads widgets only contain automated related thread which are links to the forums. Which I have found not to be as useful as can be. Pricescope is more then just the forum. We have an amazing amount of information on other sections of the site such as articles, wiki pages, blogs, etc.

The goal is to populate this related topics sections with such information by linking things better to the title. It can include all the information from the site and better useful threads form the forum. This is a work in progress so bare with me.

If you like to help let me know which topics on Pricescope and forum area you have found most useful.

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.

Kind regards,
Andrey

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got around to replying (blame it on Monday!) I have to admit I kinda don't like the 2nd post in every thread being linkbacks or related threads. Even though I'm a developer, I found it annoying for 2 reasons. First because its in the flow of the conversation. Literally the 2nd post, 2nd, which has been addressed; all caps. Some forums (especially tech forums) put it at the top of the thread but not within the flow of conversation. That way you can see it, but its not disruptive.

However on the flipside I DO like seeing related threads. I find that to be helpful.

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Arcadian|1430768105|3872065 said:
I just got around to replying (blame it on Monday!) I have to admit I kinda don't like the 2nd post in every thread being linkbacks or related threads. Even though I'm a developer, I found it annoying for 2 reasons. First because its in the flow of the conversation. Literally the 2nd post, 2nd, which has been addressed; all caps. Some forums (especially tech forums) put it at the top of the thread but not within the flow of conversation. That way you can see it, but its not disruptive.

However on the flipside I DO like seeing related threads. I find that to be helpful.
Gmail used to have links that I might be interested in at the very top of my email, above all of the messages with a slightly different background color. I think that is a good suggestion Arc. I also like the related threads, but don't like the placement or how many threads are suggested.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I copied what showed up now on this thread. My reason for doing this was that of the 7 topics........(too many IMO), 5 of them were IT questions related to posting something in a forum. That's why we have search functions that take you to answers, or people can post them on forums to get 'help' (which is most likely where these were before being technologically relocated).........these are not topic's I'd respond to while I'm researching a stone!

I'd also reduce the number of topics as I'm not interested in digging through that many to see if one might possibly be something I'm interested in--I'm interested in the topic that was posted on THIS forum. This type of thing has the opposite effect on me...........and makes me want to leave. Sorry, but that's the truth! So three would be my limit of 'other' topics and NOT in the thread........maybe above it as was suggested?

uploading more than one picture on a single post....

Full cut vs single cut melee halo? Post photos!

First Post: Thoughts on this Diamond (1.3ct radiant)? GIA Report, ASET + standard pics in post

My post keeps getting Error when attempting to post picture links

I am unable to post from Safari??? Preview ok but not post?

Help!! How do I post MoRe than One Picture on 1 Post?? I can''t figure it out!!

Drag photos from post to post?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assume it was for sales and I refused to even look at them... but in looking at the CAPS I have no clue why it's being done but it has to be something to do with selling. I found the search box immensely helpful..Perhaps the owners changed? or moderators changed? younger people ??? either way it's annoying but I just set my eyes on moving past.. and it makes me NOT want to buy anything from a vendor truthfully.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only ever do the .advanced search which is still there,not sure what people mean about the search box. When reading I just move to the next box drawn line on the topic and carry on and then go back and check the new links if I have time. I have noticed someone posting about a diamond with steep deep proportion and the link was right enough as it was about does the pavilion mains drive the light return, so I would say the links I have seen have been relevant to the topic discussed. Another was asking about going larger by lowering color and the link was relation to how low of color you should go by saying in it that most vendor searches won't show stones below k color.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Again,

I thought about this thread and I am going to go out on a limb when I say that PS is struggling, not just to grow but to keep its membership status constant. So it tries new ideas.

Now, IMO, advertising plays a large role in growth and while, personally I hate advertising, I think PS has to grow up and do some advertising where it counts. Yes, education can be profit oriented, and although it seems weird that a company that itself wants ads must advertise itself, there are many examples of just such a thing. Google, facebook, even e-harmony came to mind. Any company that wants to grow has to advertise. Look at Enchanted diamonds--all over the place. I may have looked at their website once or twice.

So, the next stop is where will you start?. I like a motto--like Debeers did. Where will you place these ads. The army, navy, grad schools, places where young people will see them. College yr books, and most of all radio.--its cheap. Or rich older women.

Next is a PR campaign--get a spot on TV-- go to The View.

What Ideas to promote.--Come learn among those persons who are developing standards for measuring light performance, those developing new cuts for diamonds, and enjoy the company of diamond affectionados.

Ten yrs ago, it was the new idea.CUT. You have to reinvent your purpose or slant it differently. I think you must advertise.

I really like--"One Ring To Rule Them All"

Annette (

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recall the same information used to be available on the right hand side of every page. I hate having it in the flow of conversation, and in some places, it verges on being inappropriate to threads of a personal nature, as in Hangout. I strongly dislike having ads forced on me. My first reaction was to take a break and see if it would go away. I think that's the opposite type of reaction to what it is intended to do.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
lyra|1430962815|3873264 said:
I recall the same information used to be available on the right hand side of every page. I hate having it in the flow of conversation, and in some places, it verges on being inappropriate to threads of a personal nature, as in Hangout. I strongly dislike having ads forced on me. My first reaction was to take a break and see if it would go away. I think that's the opposite type of reaction to what it is intended to do.

Agreed. I was browsing Hangout recently and cringed at some of the so-called "Related Topics" that came up. :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results