shape
carat
color
clarity

second post on every single thread.............

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I miss something that announced the PS insertion of a multitude of threads in cap's and is usually the second post on every thread? I thought it was someone scamming the thread, but it looks like it's PS that is doing this?
Really cheapens the whole experience of being on these forums.........or am I the only one that feels that way? I can take it if so, but it just comes off as cheap, trollish and pfish-like to me. :confused:

LOL!! I posted the thread and there it was..........faster than the speed of light~

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like them either, but I mean they used to do this on the side of threads, they must have just changed to embedding them into threads.

I'm an old woman at heart, I dont like change.....now get off my lawn.

I have noticed it goes away after posting. I wonder if they are just tired of people making the same thread over and over again

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like it either....

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
They probably just changed the layout of the ads recently. I noticed it only started doing that this past week.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
YOU DONT LIKE THE ALL CAPS AND THE EXTRA POST? WHY NOT?

Yeah, it's pretty annoying and ruins the experience a bit. I'm still getting used to it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish instead of forcing these threads down our throat they would just improve the search function.

Wouldn't need to shout those old threads at us if we could easily find them

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Agree 100%.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. Go away evil caps it's annoying and no one is reading the advertising anyway or looking at the links many of which turn out to be years and years old and totally irrelevant to the current post.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I guess I'm not 'the only one'............ :angryfire: I agree with others that random links posted have no relevance to the thread and distract from the interaction for 'humans' on this forum.

And now I see that POOF! "It" has disappeared. Was it the number of posts on the thread? Hmmmm :think:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
digdeep, it still shows up for me (and chalk up another PS member who hates - or should I say, HATES - being shouted at!). Niel suggested that it disappears when you reply to a thread, which seems to be the case... though why it was built that way I don't know -- to encourage members to contribute to the discussion, maybe, or so as not to penalize the very helpful frequent posters who end up looking at that list of semi-relevant topics over and over?)

eta -- HA! posted & it disappeared. Niel, confirmed.

24caratsequin

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is disappointing. It is intrusive and making it go away after replies doesn't really motivate a poster to contribute thoughtfully... Just say anything in order to make the ads go away.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It was back again for me, but I wasn't subscribed to the thread. Any way I look at it.......it's bothersome and NOT helpful which is what this forum is about!! I'm going to see what happens when I'm subscribed to the thread vs clicking on the list.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1430694393|3871689 said:
YOU DONT LIKE THE ALL CAPS AND THE EXTRA POST? WHY NOT?

Yeah, it's pretty annoying and ruins the experience a bit. I'm still getting used to it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree - it drives me nuts - I feel like I'm being yelled at!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it comes back every time you pop back in I think... Until you post again :rolleyes:

What's funny is just how similar it looks to the not posts you get;

FAKE PASSPORTS AND NEW KITCHEN CABINETS IN MANCHESTER

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ads don't show up in Tapatalk. But yes, the ALL CAPS SHOUTING hurts my eyes [emoji33]. I liked it better when they had the links on the side of the page, it was more user-friendly.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, it's annoying to the max because it's so highly uhm.. IRRELEVANT!!!! :sick:
Would it help if we would all report these posts? The links on the right used to be more relevant?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I was gonna start a thread on hangout about them but I was lazy, so thanks for making it digdeep. Totally agree that they're annoying.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1430730618|3871801 said:
Would it help if we would all report these posts? The links on the right used to be more relevant?
Yo can't report rhem like you can a normal post.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1430740129|3871831 said:
Acinom|1430730618|3871801 said:
Yo can't report rhem like you can a normal post.

I guess the mods will see this thread and hopefully take action. They are obviously working with the wrong search & selection tool :(sad :nono: :(sad :sun:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first saw them last week, I thought it was a Spammer. :lol: It's the capitalization of all the alphabets that makes it look unsightly, distracting and annoying. Do you think we can drum up more support to get it somehow altered if we post this in Hangout?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think its there to hopefully engage posters so that they stay on the site longer. You may see a topic that interests you. I think this is just plain stupid. Yes, very annoying!.

Annette

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure it there is any way to change this, but if someone CAN ............please do so!! :pray: It is contrary to the quality of info that is shared here and cheapens the entire experience.........and YES, THE CAPS ARE A REALLY BAD WAY TO ADVERTISE!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've flagged Ella by reporting this thread under General Comment, using my politest speech and phrasing. :pray:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1430740503|3871837 said:
When I first saw them last week, I thought it was a Spammer. :lol: It's the capitalization of all the alphabets that makes it look unsightly, distracting and annoying. Do you think we can drum up more support to get it somehow altered if we post this in Hangout?

PERHAPS WE COULD START A POLL IN EVERY SECTION asking folks whether they appreciate this uhm.. "quality upgrade"

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I hope they change it back. It is off-putting because it is not a real post.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
To clarify it is not an ad, only suggested threads from PS.

This is not something I have been involved in but I will alert our development team to your thoughts and this thread. :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1430760076|3871997 said:

This is not something I have been involved in but I will alert our development team to your thoughts and this thread. :wavey:

Sure, Ella - when the going gets tough, blame it on Andrey! :wink2:

Its a great idea to make a link to topically related threads in a place where we can't miss them, but on the other hand, it could be subtler, you know? Right now, we trip over them and they shout at us. Anyway to place them on the side?

Bottom line: thank you all so much for hearing our complaints about the search function and trying to improve it, that is very much appreciated. Feel free to work with us in continuing to improve things. :praise:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be the only one but I like it. I also like looking back at old threads though. Does anyone else like this?

Also as the board is about a tenth or so popular as it used to be, anything to attract more posters is great. I saw Aljdewey posting about her upgrade and couldn,'t believe nobody commented on it - back in the day there would have been about thirty to forty people enquiring. Maybe it has just been a while :loopy:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1430760076|3871997 said:

Thanks Ella!
Suggested threads would be great but in this case the suggested threads seem to have nothing to do with the running thread. I hope this matter can be solved. Thanks again!!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ella, for your help on this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results