shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your cabochon cut jewelry please! :)

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!!! I use to be pretty active around the boards, but I've been MIA for awhile now. BUT I finally have another beautiful piece of jewelry coming to live with me! :love: It's a heat only 3.36 ct blue sapphire, and .50cts in OMC diamonds surrounding it, all set in rose gold. But it's not going to be in my hands for a few more days, then it's being sent away to be sized :((

So please show me your cabochon cut colored stone pieces to tide me over, I need something to drool over :naughty:

P.S. Acinom's new cabochon Amethyst set in rose gold is my current FAV! Hopefully she'll come around and post a few new pics ;))

824559762_tp.jpg

824559788_tp.jpg

austinj

Shiny_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous Rissa!!! I can't wait to see hand shots!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
austinj|1430667166|3871538 said:
That is absolutely gorgeous Rissa!!! I can't wait to see hand shots!

Thank you, I can't wait either!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring RissaLou!!! Gorgeous to the max. Looking forward to see your own pics.

And aww... Thank you for liking my ring. I am also waiting for a new sugarloaf cab ring!

_29877.jpg

_29878.jpg

_29880.jpg

_29881.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1430675199|3871578 said:
What an amazing ring RissaLou!!! Gorgeous to the max. Looking forward to see your own pics.

And aww... Thank you for liking my ring. I am also waiting for a new sugarloaf cab ring!

Drool.... I like your style :naughty:
And thank you :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ring Rissalou! :love: I cannot wait to see hand shots. Beautiful ring and setting!
And Acinom, you already know how I feel about your gorgeous jewels. :love:

Here is my rose quartz necklace.

_343.jpeg

_29912.jpg

rosequartzcabochonnecklace.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1430675199|3871578 said:

Ohhhh mercy that green ring is killer! Did DK do the setting? Do you have a thread on it?

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
Acinom:
I am not crazy about faceted amethysts, but your cabochon is spectacular. I've been drooling over it since you posted it. Looks fantastic in yellow gold. Which reminds me... of a setting I have... that needs an amethyst cab...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rissalou /b] and Missy :wavey: So nice to read your kind words.

You know I am fan of that pendant Missy. I love it. It must give such a special feeling wearing it.

Packrat: David indeed made the setting. I will fly to the Caribbean tomorrow, so he will ship it when I am headed back to Europe. There are a few more pics in this thread on page 10 and 11: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acinoms-colors.211577/page-10']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acinoms-colors.211577/page-10[/URL]
There is also a thread with the creation of the setting. I had a lot of doubts about which metal to use and engraving it or not and if yes, to what extent.

Thank you PieAreSquared :wavey: . Ah, please post that setting you are referring to. Barry will have some new cabs coming up tomorrow on acstones.com. Luckily I am on a ban myself 8-). I have a huge weak spot for cabs.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
OP: a word of caution - I had been following your sapphire ring on ebay. I have strong reason to believe that the vendor is not reputable, and the items are not as advertised. If you look through his listings, you will see that many of the rings are clearly the same stock setting, which is an antique reproduction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Old-English-9k-Rose-Gold-3-60ct-Tanzanite-G-SI-Genuine-Diamond-Ring-4g-/311353921777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487e23d0f1

If you want a genuine antique, I would keep looking. At a minimum, I would have a reputable gemologist take a look at the sapphire.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Acinom, thanks for the link! That is SO stunning!

I went thru the last pages in the thread too and saw the picture of Doug's topaz rough-I'd seen it on FB and man they're pretty colors! So tempting but no no no no can not.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pokerface|1430933265|3873072 said:
OP: a word of caution - I had been following your sapphire ring on ebay. I have strong reason to believe that the vendor is not reputable, and the items are not as advertised. If you look through his listings, you will see that many of the rings are clearly the same stock setting, which is an antique reproduction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Old-English-9k-Rose-Gold-3-60ct-Tanzanite-G-SI-Genuine-Diamond-Ring-4g-/311353921777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487e23d0f1

If you want a genuine antique, I would keep looking. At a minimum, I would have a reputable gemologist take a look at the sapphire.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the heads up. The setting is clearly a reproduction. I received the ring the couple days ago and tested the diamonds first, luckily those are real and accurate to description. I promptly dropped it off at my jeweler to verify the sapphire, which luckily is real with no obvious treatments (but more than likely heat treated), but slightly under the carat weight described in the listing, which sucks, but for the price I paid I'll keep it. So it's being sized and engraved right now for mother's day :) I'll post hand shots when I have it back. I would love to own a genuine antique of this size and quality someday but with a higher gold karat. But I haven't been able to find anything in my price range. So for now a reproduction is fine with me :) (unless maybe you can help me find a genuine antique with a blue sapphire close to three carats for under $600? Which would be over the moon amazing!!)

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a great deal, really! Can't wait to see how it looks on :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results