carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett said:
There are so many vanilla scents floating around this thread! I am getting lost in it and I LOVE vanilla and would love an additional vanilla scent besides Le Labo Vanille 44

could you guys list 1 or two of your favorites? I might see if I could get a few samples, or see if NM may have some at their counter

Here are my vanilla faves ckrickett. Obviously order samples before buying FBs because you never know how something will smell on you and if you will like the perfume.

Top is Tihota. Great for cold weather.
Vaniglia del Madagascar for cold to moderate temps
and Hermessence Vetiver Tonka for the warmer weather.

There are so many as you know it's hard to narrow it down but these are my favorite rotations.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1430577387|3871145 said:
There are so many vanilla scents floating around this thread! I am getting lost in it and I LOVE vanilla and would love an additional vanilla scent besides Le Labo Vanille 44

Although I have not bought a spray bottle of this yet, I absolutely love the scent of Farmacia Ss.Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar on my skin. I also really like Mono di Orio Les Nombres d'or Vanille. I prefer these to Le Labo Vanille 44. I would now like to try missy's favorite, Tihota, however!

In the meantime I think I may have to decide which of the two above scents I will buy in a bottle of spray perfume!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been wearing Van Cleef First forever now. LOVE LOVE it!! Unfortunately, I can't get it here in Singapore anymore. ;( I think you can still buy it elsewhere but for some reason not here.

I also LOVE Dior Eau Delice, which, unfortunately, has been discontinued by Dior. ;( ;(

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, I wish I could sniff your wonderful vanilla, oh so love great vanillas as you know. I also badly want to try Vanille 44 but not sure how to get my hands on a decant or a sample, will just have to get more active again in the perfume world.

I have said that I used to spend at least as much time on Basenotes but how did it become so boring in the last few years, ok with swaps being impossible internationally at least and no blind sniffs, a lot of of friend making and fun has been taken away.

Lately I am boring when it comes to perfumes, most I do not use and I have so many. I keep going to roses these days and 99 % of the time it is Portrait of a Lady but I also wore Rose 31 out twice since I got part of my bottle back. Interestingly, though Le Labo tends to spoil very fast Rose 31 got better as the years went by. I love that scent especially now that it has aged.:))) It is really not a rose perfume to me but it is a rose, just very unique. I love it but it is totally different. POAL is grandiose and a more straight on incense-rose to me.

I think I have a bit of a perfume burnout, just tested so much, gotten so much that it took me years to go down to what I have now and in the last few years I have gotten pickier, it has become increasingly harder to please me with new perfumes.

Vanillas I will definitely venture into but vanilla is a fall-winter thing to me.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I got a couple of samples from Lucky scents I was sad because they were out of samples of Farmacia SS Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, one of my favorite rose scents ever

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett said:
I got a couple of samples from Lucky scents I was sad because they were out of samples of Farmacia SS Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar

Here you go ckrickett. You can purchase samples from Surrender to Chance.
http://surrendertochance.com/farmacia-ss-annunziata-vaniglia-del-madagascar-parfum/

AGBF said:

Although I have not bought a spray bottle of this yet, I absolutely love the scent of Farmacia Ss.Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar on my skin. I also really like Mono di Orio Les Nombres d'or Vanille. I prefer these to Le Labo Vanille 44. I would now like to try missy's favorite, Tihota, however!

In the meantime I think I may have to decide which of the two above scents I will buy in a bottle of spray perfume!

Deb/AGBF

Deb, I am not sure if the Tihota formula has changed in any way since they were taken over by a different company but if you can find a sample of the new (and hopefully there has been no change) Tihota it would be worth trying. It is my all time favorite perfume in the world. It seems as if LuckyScent is carrying this perfume again and samples are available.

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/37401/tihota-by-indult

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1430743361|3871853 said:
ckrickett said:

http://surrendertochance.com/farmacia-ss-annunziata-vaniglia-del-madagascar-parfum/

AGBF said:

Deb, I am not sure if the Tihota formula has changed in any way since they were taken over by a different company but if you can find a sample of the new (and hopefully there has been no change) Tihota it would be worth trying. It is my all time favorite perfume in the world. It seems as if LuckyScent is carrying this perfume again and samples are available.

I just decided a day or so ago to buy a 100ML bottle of Farmacia Ss.Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar from Lucky Scent, and when I did I ordered a sample of Tihota and then asked for free samples of four other scents!!! Thank you for the ongoing info., missy!

Deb :wavey:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing** Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP a gift from my lovely boss while we were on a business trip in Paris this past February. :bigsmile:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Amouage - Journey Woman today, every time I wear this I like it more and more!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1430764499|3872031 said:
missy|1430743361|3871853 said:
ckrickett said:

AGBF said:

I just decided a day or so ago to buy a 100ML bottle of Farmacia Ss.Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar from Lucky Scent, and when I did I ordered a sample of Tihota and then asked for free samples of four other scents!!! Thank you for the ongoing info., missy!

Deb :wavey:

Ooh Deb, I hope you love the Vaniglia del Madagascar as much as I do! And that you also love Tihota. So excited to hear your thoughts. Fingers crossed you love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Creed--Royal Water. I was thinking about baby Princess Charlotte!

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Reu La La is having a sale on Creed fragrances, if anyone is interested!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today I am wearing Dot BY Marc Jacobs, and oh happy day! My samples from Lucky Scent came in!!! :dance:

I'm looking for another vanilla togo with my Le Labo Vanille 44.

I got a variety of other samples as well as a few vanillas!

The Different Company - Tokyo Bloom
The Different company - Kashan Rose
Teo Cabanel - Lace Garden
Regina Harris - Amber Vanilla
Indult - Tihota
Alexander J. - Iris Violet
Alexander J - Silver Ombre
Alexander j - Zafeer Oud Vanille

for the vanillas my 2 favorites are Tihota and Zafeer Oud Vanille. I will wear one tomorrow and one the other day to see how they compare.

the other scents are lovely though. I particularly like Iris Violet, Silver Ombre, and Lace Garden

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Trying out Tihota today, has a really nice warm scent against my skin. I like it!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Although white flowers are not usually my cup of tea I have been wearing AG's Un Matin D'Orage. Absolutely love it, just wish it had some lasting power. It is not really white flowers though, no tuberose but magnolia and some gardenia and mostly like spring green grass, it is so fitting for May weather here. I am pretty sure I will be buying it for this season it is great but I will just have to keep reapplying, this is the only thing I hate about some AGs. They should have made this to have more sillage and definitely longevity because I find it truly wonderful otherwise.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I bit the bullet and bought Amouage Sunshine. Its a beautiful scent though generally more fruity than I get.

Today I'm wearing L’Artisan Parfumeur Havana Vanille (Vanille Absolument) This is my favorite hot weather vanilla.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh btw, has anyone tried anything by Puredistance? http://www.puredistance.com/

I think I'm going to go for their giftset so I can get an idea of how they smell.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
today is another vanilla trial day, this time Regina Harris - Amber Vanilla . I like it but my DH HATES it, he says it is to powdery. I usually don;t worry to much about what he thinks but he literally won't let me near him when I wear this, so this is crossed off my list. (even though it smells nice)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett, thats wild! I looked up the notes and I saw amber....lol Maybe its just the way it reacts on skin.

Today I'm wearing Roberto Verino VVPlatinum.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I've found 2 scented lotions that I'm obsessed with (and I'm thrilled that they don't give me headaches :appl: )
One is from Tokyomilk Dark and it's called Bittersweet - it has Lotus Blossom, Osmanthus, Cake Flower, Rose Petals, White Jasmine, Heliotrope, Creamy Cacao, Tahitian Vanilla, and Bronzed Musk.
The other one is Lavender and Amber from Jo Malone.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1431988213|3878226 said:
I've found 2 scented lotions that I'm obsessed with (and I'm thrilled that they don't give me headaches :appl: )
One is from Tokyomilk Dark and it's called Bittersweet - it has Lotus Blossom, Osmanthus, Cake Flower, Rose Petals, White Jasmine, Heliotrope, Creamy Cacao, Tahitian Vanilla, and Bronzed Musk.
The other one is Lavender and Amber from Jo Malone.

I love Tokyo milk and Jo Malone!! Lavendar and Amber! That sounds really nice!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1431986727|3878214 said:
ckrickett, thats wild! I looked up the notes and I saw amber....lol Maybe its just the way it reacts on skin.

Today I'm wearing Roberto Verino VVPlatinum.

I didn't really get powdery, but DH is sensitive to scents he doesn't like

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden... I am running around the house doing errands, laundry and painting so I wanted something simple, yet pretty. even when I am in the depths of groceries and renovations to my house I like to smell nice. Green Tea is my "throw on" scent

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Parfums DelRae Mythique. Its one of my favorites of the house, and I really love orris butter.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Tilleul by D`Orsay. I love the smell of Linden and this is one of the few thats amazingly natural smelling. I wish it wasn't so hard to find!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Participating in this thread appears to have awakened a latent interest in perfume within me to deleterious effect...at least financially. It is fair to say that I am out of control. I seem to be collecting vanilla scents, and have even acquired a fig scent I do not really like since I loved another fig scent. (That will teach me!) I am overwhelmed with sample vials from Lucky Scents and cannot keep track of what I have tried and what I like any longer. I read all sorts of reviews on-line on fragrance blogs.

Now I would like to know if anyone knows "Spiritueuse Double Vanille" Eau de Parfum by Guerlain which was reviewed positively alongside Le Labo vanille 44; Tihota; and other especially loved vanilla scents. Apparently it was meant to be a temporary scent, but is still around, if not available everywhere.

Deb/AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1434104600|3888259 said:
Participating in this thread appears to have awakened a latent interest in perfume within me to deleterious effect...at least financially. It is fair to say that I am out of control. I seem to be collecting vanilla scents, and have even acquired a fig scent I do not really like since I loved another fig scent. (That will teach me!) I am overwhelmed with sample vials from Lucky Scents and cannot keep track of what I have tried and what I like any longer. I read all sorts of reviews on-line on fragrance blogs.

Now I would like to know if anyone knows "Spiritueuse Double Vanille" Eau de Parfum by Guerlain which was reviewed positively alongside Le Labo vanille 44; Tihota; and other especially loved vanilla scents. Apparently it was meant to be a temporary scent, but is still around, if not available everywhere.

Deb/AGBF

I bought SDV years ago and for some reason did not like it on me though when I first tried the sample I thought I did so Greg bought the FB for me at one of the major department stores and I just didn't like it the way I thought I had when I wore the sample. Fortunately we were able return it and it was the only time I had to return a perfume as I usually do my due diligence and know I am going to like a scent. I hear you on the deleterious effect purchasing FBs can have on the pocketbook LOL. It is an expensive (but enjoyable) business smelling gorgeous. :naughty:

Just wanted to add though many love SDV so don't go by me. Just wear your sample as many days as you can to see if you love it or hate it or are indifferent to it. I find I either hate or love a perfume though and am rarely indifferent to a scent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like Missy, I didn't exactly love Spiritueuse Double Vanille. I found it to be TOO much. I don't enjoy really sweet vanillas and thats what I got out of it. If you really enjoy vanilla, then you'll probably like it, but you seriously have to try before buying.

Today I'm wearing Nest Bamboo Body and Soul. TJmaxx had lots of these, so I went for the lotion first. The lotion is really good, then I went for the spray. even better. Its more or less Lily of the valley and stems and leaves...lol but amazingly good for hot days.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My skin needs primping/plumping so I am wear L'Occitane Shea butter lotion! Just a hint of fragrance and oh so luscious! (I have been using the sugar hand scrub and lotion with the nail crème as well)--apparently I have decent looking hands!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results