carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

I don't know that I would tell my Mother either. I would probably tell her once I was successfully pregnant but not before that. My Mother is not a particularly warm person and is not the person you would go to if you were upset.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I've had three early losses, and my mom has no idea. It's just more information than I'm comfortable sharing with her.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

i thought sharing that kind of info with mothers was standard procedure. Certainly hope that if I have a daughter, she'll confide in me.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Everyone reacts to a miscarriage differently. When I had mine last year, it was very emotionally traumatic for me. I didn't want to tell anyone and I DID NOT want to talk about it. The ONLY reason I told my mother was because we were living out of the country at the time and we decided it would be best to return home. I wanted her to know why we were coming back a few months earlier than scheduled. I actually only sent her a text message. My DH eventually told his parents (months later) because his mother asked if "something happened to me". I was PISSED. I'm just not one that wants "support" from people in this situation. It was very personal, very upsetting to talk about and I needed to deal with it in my own way.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yea, this is definitely something that every woman would handle differently. And every Mother/Daughter relationship is different. We don't all have that kind of relationship with our Mothers. When I was a teenager and became pregnant and decided it was best for me to terminate I did it on my own and didn't tell my Mother until a year after. That experience was enough to tell me what I can share with her and what's best to keep to myself. Hugs to any woman or couple who experiences anything related to MC.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

baby monster|1429828644|3866764 said:
i thought sharing that kind of info with mothers was standard procedure. Certainly hope that if I have a daughter, she'll confide in me.

Baby M, it's awesome that you have that close bond with your mom. Take what you learned from her, combine it with cues from your kids as you build your relationships with them, and you'll find a balance that works for your family.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

April20|1429830024|3866773 said:
I'm just not one that wants "support" from people in this situation. It was very personal, very upsetting to talk about and I needed to deal with it in my own way.

I'm the same way. I need time to internalize everything, not having a cheering squad.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

My mom was given about a year to live back in August. We were so excited when we found out that we were pregnant that we told her. 2 days later. Miscarriage. She was so devastated :(sad I would never want her to go through that again so we are not telling my parents until we make it to 12 weeks as well. Everyone is different and we all need to remember that everyone deals with things in their own way.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Well, got a lovely ad in the mail today for discounted maternity and newborn shots. Why would I get this if I'm not pregnant? Oh, because the bump is still selling my information even though I had a loss. :angryfire: Feeling a bit like beating someone up over at the bump....

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

random_thought|1430355002|3869890 said:
Well, got a lovely ad in the mail today for discounted maternity and newborn shots. Why would I get this if I'm not pregnant? Oh, because the bump is still selling my information even though I had a loss. :angryfire: Feeling a bit like beating someone up over at the bump....

Ugh, is there anyway to unsubscribe and get off their list? Not OK.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

RT, so sorry to hear about your mum's health and having her heart broken, in addition to yours, with the news of your loss. Re: The Bump and the shameless selling of your information, especially without regard for your loss recorded in their system, royally sucks. :angryfire: I decided long ago not to give my information to The Nest nor The Bump after having The Knot sell my wedding information to SO many companies. Our wedding was in 2008, and I'm STILL getting spam for limo services no matter how hard I try to unsubscribe.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

How is everybody? Not much to report here. CD12, got my cheapie OPKs off Amazon and giving those a shot this month. I started using them early to get a baseline and have gotten a faint line every day, so at least I know they're working. Going to try the SMEP approach this month... BD every other day until 3 in a row starting with the first + OPK, skip a day, then one more for good measure. Honestly, it sounds exhausting, but I'm feeling determined to give it everything we can this round. Last month's timing was pretty crappy, with DH having to leave town, and after that I'd rather we go down fighting than feeling like we screwed it up.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

8DPO here, skin all broken out, boobs hurt like hell, anticipating AF as that seems to be my pattern...a few more months until I give in and call the DR, basically feeling like crap. That's about it, lol.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Hugs, AHL.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well how's about I put my foot in my mouth, check out what I got after a 7 hour hold! Tweaked and natural daylight!

Fingers crossed that the lines get darker!!!

_29919.jpg

_29920.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And since this is PS a ring pic for good measure, it actually did help my iPhone focus :) still in shock over here.

Shout out to April20 for the lucky wondfos. I'll be more than happy to pass on my stock in a week or so when I've satisfied my obsession for POAS!

_29921.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Yaaaaaay!! I almost pointed out earlier that AF symptoms could totally be BFP signs, but I didn't want to jinx it or feed hope if you were right. So glad you were wrong!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

AHL, Congrats! That's really early for a line too! Good luck.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyciel|1430774759|3872111 said:
Yaaaaaay!! I almost pointed out earlier that AF symptoms could totally be BFP signs, but I didn't want to jinx it or feed hope if you were right. So glad you were wrong!!

Thank you LadyC! I know they can be early signs but I'm always like this from about 6DPO on, only difference this time is I have had INSANE dreams the last two nights, that was my real clue. DH also told me after the positive that he had a gut feeling the last few days.

Now my only question is if I should stop taking what I'm taking? I know the prenatal and fish oil I'm supposed to continue but should I also continue the CoQ10 and baby aspirin?

Thanks Jgator and thanks for your help!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Oh my goodness AHL, I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to that line getting darker! It's a good line IMO for how many DPO you are.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Stop the CoQ10.

Not sure about aspirin.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

AHL, congrats! I saw your post this morning and just had a feeling you were pregnant. I would ask your doctor about the aspirin. Most sources will say you shouldn't be on aspirin when pregnant, but a lot of people who undergo fertility treatments are told to take it and stay on it even after pregnancy is achieved. I'm currently 29 weeks with twins, and my MFM wants me to stay on it because it supposedly reduced the risk of preeclampsia, which is more common with twins. I'm not saying you should stay on it or anything, but I just wanted to let you know it's probably not harmful to be on it at this point.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monkeyprincess|1430784120|3872180 said:
AHL, congrats! I saw your post this morning and just had a feeling you were pregnant. I would ask your doctor about the aspirin. Most sources will say you shouldn't be on aspirin when pregnant, but a lot of people who undergo fertility treatments are told to take it and stay on it even after pregnancy is achieved. I'm currently 29 weeks with twins, and my MFM wants me to stay on it because it supposedly reduced the risk of preeclampsia, which is more common with twins. I'm not saying you should stay on it or anything, but I just wanted to let you know it's probably not harmful to be on it at this point.

Thank you MP! I've also read a lot of women with autoimmune issues stay on aspirin as well and I most likely have a still undiagnosed autoimmune issue so I'm staying on it until I meet with my Dr. I have stopped the CoQ10, thanks Jgator! It's still so surreal, now I just hope it sticks! One day at a time :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats AHL! How exciting!

mousey

Shiny_Rock

AHL amazing!!!!! Congrats. I am super happy for you.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you all I'm so excited! Of course now I'm panicking that it won't stick. I'm going to try and get to my Dr. today for a beta.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1430824223|3872309 said:
Thank you all I'm so excited! Of course now I'm panicking that it won't stick. I'm going to try and get to my Dr. today for a beta.

Try not to stress too much. Easier said than done, trust me, i know!!!! Sending you lots of sticky dust!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1430355002|3869890 said:

My first pregnancy was a loss and I had the same thing happen. I did get pregnant three months later however it didn't make it any easier to keep getting the emails. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1430824223|3872309 said:

Oh, I can only imagine - I know I will be a nervous wreck the second I see a BFP, imagining the pain of losing it once getting it. Like April20 said, not worrying is easier said than done, but do whatever you can to take your mind off it! As early as you got a photographable line, I wonder if you could have more than one bean contributing... :naughty:

I'm still waiting on a positive OPK, but I'm already hoping I get to join you on the "other side" this month so we can be preggo buddies. :pray:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results