shape
carat
color
clarity

New to Me OEC 1.81 tcw Diamond Dangle Earrings from JbG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I contacted Grace asking if she would consign my 1.48 Trasitional Diamond Studs as I wanted to do a slight upgrade. My plan was to come as close to 2.0 tcw as I could get and not have to blow the bank by going over the 1.0 ct for each ear. Trying to stick to a budget.

Two things happened, the first was the earrings I'd been stalking on Grace's website sold ;( the same day I called to ask her to hold them on layaway for me. In the meantime mine made the following sneak peek and sold almost immediately. Then a few days later Grace called and said the buyer for those earrings had a case of "buyer's remorse" if I still wanted those. :appl: :dance: I was so excited. They had been at the bench to be reset and I asked for them to be returned to the original dangle settings from her listing. I received them today and they are stunning. A small upgrade but really, really bright and beautiful... Maybe one day I'll see something else to "upgrade to" but for now these are exactly what I wanted and I didn't kill the budget. :Up_to_something: Now to save for my next bling downfall.

M/N SI1 6.0 x 6.03
O/P SI1 6.04 x 6.1

The internal grading is VS2 but they have a flea bite on the girdle and the reason for SI1

Love the dangles! No Buyer's Remorse. They are staying with me! :naughty:

_29250.jpg

_29251.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning earrings Mayk!! They look gorgeous on you. This is a great find. I like!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them on you MayK! They are perfect on your ears. :love:
I just love a good dangle. :appl:
Enjoy in health and happiness!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Love these beauties! :love: They look perfect on you! I just love how the movement makes them sparkle even more. Congrats! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo! they look GORGEOUS and are the perfect size and drop length for you (IMO... and thats what counts, right?? lol!) Lucky you - having the right piece just fall into place for you! That's so wonderful when it happens, like Karma just decided to give you a gift - Enjoy!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely earrings! Made me want to start looking for a pair as soon as I saw them!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are really gorgeous earrings and I bet they sparkle like crazy!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gah, they look so perfect on you!!!! Congrats !

You MUST wear all your new jewels to the JCK GTG :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH.... :appl: Happy for you!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those are gorgeous and look so wonderful on you! My very favorite kind of earrings...danglies! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely on you! Are they leverbacks? Are they pretty secure on the ears?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are gorgeous MayK!! I love them!! They look amazing on you! Congrats!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and they look lovely (and big as well) on you too, congrats!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO pretty!!!!!!!!! :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love those, & spent many moments looking at those settings on JBG. :love: :love: I am thinking of taking my older pair of studs & resetting them into something like that--I just love the look on you MayK, they are perfect. What a perfect pair for summer, enjoy! :love: :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, Missy, Rockinruby, Sarab, ROL, Enerchi, Yenny, mrs blop, kathley, bright ice, Arekib, Catmom, Motownmama, m-2-b :wavey:

Thank you! I'm absolutely crazy about them. :love:

M-2-B I think they are pretty secure. Only wearing them for today but they seem like the will be fine. I hope so, I really like the setting.

The person that bought them first was planning a two tone reset. The clover settings in white gold with rose gold dangles. I didn't think I wanted the clovers as the dangle. I'm glad I asked Grace for the original setting.

Thank you again.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! I know that's Grace's ear but the length looks perfect.

I have read many posts about OEC's needing movement to really showcase their chunky facets. Wondering if the fixed setting does this as well? How have you found the blingy factor? Do you have a pair or modern stones to compare your experience?

Thanks..
Judy

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1430402532|3870051 said:
Those are gorgeous! I know that's Grace's ear but the length looks perfect.

I have read many posts about OEC's needing movement to really showcase their chunky facets. Wondering if the fixed setting does this as well? How have you found the blingy factor? Do you have a pair or modern stones to compare your experience?

Thanks..
Judy

It's actually my ear :naughty: They are very sparkly and I've already gotten compliments. I had transitional studs so not able to compare to MRB studs. It's really hard to see any color. They look very bright on. I do have an Ex Selection MRB .80 ct pendant a J VS from WF and they do sparkle as much or more. But I think it's because they move more freely.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL Sorry about the ear! I thought it looked like one of Grace's. hahahaha Ok, so great looking ear & boy do they fall PERFECTLY in the right spot! I had a double take on the colour of these! Wow...they sure look pretty darn good for a low colour. :appl:

I've been humming & hawing for some time trying to figure out the mrb vs the OEC. I am sorry to pick your brain. You seem credible. LOL Question..or rather, comparison. You've had transitional studs & now the drop lever back. Do you find that the drop lever back is the best way to showcase the OEC's? With movement? I got some great advice from other PS's which I absolutely appreciate but some of them have gone back to MRB studs in favour of the white flash.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL earrings, MayK. :love: :love: :love:

Wear them in great health.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1430490716|3870519 said:
LOL Sorry about the ear! I thought it looked like one of Grace's. hahahaha Ok, so great looking ear & boy do they fall PERFECTLY in the right spot! I had a double take on the colour of these! Wow...they sure look pretty darn good for a low colour. :appl:

I've been humming & hawing for some time trying to figure out the mrb vs the OEC. I am sorry to pick your brain. You seem credible. LOL Question..or rather, comparison. You've had transitional studs & now the drop lever back. Do you find that the drop lever back is the best way to showcase the OEC's? With movement? I got some great advice from other PS's which I absolutely appreciate but some of them have gone back to MRB studs in favour of the white flash.

Lol Grace has great ears...it's flattery.

I'm probably not the best judge to compare to MRB. I do have a WF .80 J VS Executive Selection pendant and I think they are equally sparkly but I've never had decent MRBs for earrings. I had smaller diamond earrings I sold before I purchased the 1.48 ct Transitional earring pre loved but they were not quality cuts or color. As for color, I can't believe how these look. I can't see color unless I'm holding them and viewing from the side and they do sparkle way more than my transitional set.

I can tell you I love the dangle. They are different and a little more dressy. My husband really likes them. My plan was to enjoy them for a while to see how I liked them and then if I found I didn't love them I planned to send them back to Grace for the clover settings. As of right now I'm still enjoying the dangle.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First thought in my mind....FABULOUS!!! Such an easy, youthful and blingy look. Huge and white. Mayk hope you keep it like this!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayK
Beautiful pair,congrats!.. :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
well done! it was meant to be...

love the dangles on you.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ice-Ice-Baby!

They look great on you! Enjoy and congrats!! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF Greg and az thank you! I'm really enjoying them! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I manage to miss these…they are SO beautiful Mayk, I love this style of earring, the stone sits at just the right spot under your earlobe - and the diamonds are so large and just gorgeous, they look perfect on you!! :love: :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
ccuheartnurse|1430490716|3870519 said:

hI CCUHeartNurse: I can do a brief Threadjack, or maybe you could start a new thread?
briefly, I have a pair of OEC studs and a pair of OEC dangles, and my pendant is a transitional ... all low colors....

++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway, MAYK: FANTASTIC EARRINGS :love: :love: :love: :love:
i LOVE the shorter look, I may have to have Grace redo my dangles so they are a bit shorter...
it's a function of my earlobes more than the earring itself, I think...

yours are GORGEOUS !!!!
and I do agree about the fire !!!!! those stones are BLAZING HOT !!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed it,too! Glad the thread was bumped! These are soooo pretty!!! I do think drops are a great option for OECs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results