shape
carat
color
clarity

New and learning! Fish eye?

eagerbutconfused

Rough_Rock
Researching fish eye because I am looking at a diamond which does have fish eye but only in pictures. I can look at it in every different light and I can't tell at all. But in photographs close up, straight on I can see it.
I don't mind because no one else would ever know. But I am confused as to why it would show up in photographs but be invisible to the naked eye. I was hoping to find out some information.
I am asking more out of intrigue than concern. I am a budget buyer who will likely upgrade in a few years time!
Love to learn!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
eagerbutconfused|1430412638|3870129 said:
Researching fish eye because I am looking at a diamond which does have fish eye but only in pictures. I can look at it in every different light and I can't tell at all. But in photographs close up, straight on I can see it.
I don't mind because no one else would ever know. But I am confused as to why it would show up in photographs but be invisible to the naked eye. I was hoping to find out some information.
I am asking more out of intrigue than concern. I am a budget buyer who will likely upgrade in a few years time!
Love to learn!
Fish-eye effect can indicate serious cutting deficits. You might want to read this page if you have not already.
https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-cut-fish-eye-effect

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you know it is a fish eye stone? Do you have the specs of the stone and/or any pictures of it?

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
eagerbutconfused|1430412638|3870129 said:
But I am confused as to why it would show up in photographs but be invisible to the naked eye.
It's possible you're seeing a reflection of the camera-lens, depending on the distance from the diamond and the lighting situation?

MissGotRocks said:
Do you have the specs of the stone and/or any pictures of it?
+1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results