shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on getting not so worked up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock

Ok…..so I graduate (again, lol) on Saturday. My family is already in town (yay!!!!) and my bf will be here on Saturday for the ceremony and then my par-tay on Sunday.

I know that he has the diamond so I guess I am a little more worked up than I normally would be. We looked at some settings recently and I found one that I liked that took 4-5 weeks. When he heard it was 4-5 weeks to set he said "I can''t wait that long to be engaged to you". I thought it was so sweet…my thoughts exactly, ask me already

27.gif
hee! I ended up finding a few more settings that I liked better and told him the style that I wanted, so that became a non-issue.

I reallllly want him to ask me this weekend. He is also coming up next weekend as well, so I need to keep that open as an option too.

My best friend and I are going to visit my family

36.gif
in Hilton Head over Memorial Day weekend and I plan on looking at a few more wedding/reception sites at that time. I would love to actually be engaged by then so people don''t think I am crazy when I am scoping places out with no bling on my hand.

How can I go into this weekend and even next weekend with a positive attitude and accept the fact that he may very well not ask me yet? I don''t want to be concerned so much about it that I can''t enjoy myself. Also, how do I fight the urge to be angry if he takes longer than 4-5 weeks to ask me? I mean, if he couldn''t wait 4 or 5 weeks then why would he wait 4 or 5 weeks, you know? Of course he is a boy…so all logic is sort of out the window on that one.

I guess I just had already gotten my hopes up cause that''s what I do best. He was supposed to be in town tonight so I figured perfect he could ask me tonight or tomorrow night but now he isn''t coming until tomorrow sometime….see I am already doing that thing..ugh!! ok…breath…

I would appreciate any advice
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Breathe! Okay since 98% at least I think like a man...2% being pretty shinys... I would not want to propose while you were graduating. This is your moment to shine you have worked hard to get where you are and the focus ought to be on you. He may not want to steal your thunder by proposing and drawing at least half the focus away from your achievements and accomplishments. He may want to wait until ya’ll are alone or will not have something so major to focus on. Be happy you are surrounded by the people in the world who love you and who are proud of what you have done. Congrats on graduating, you said again…are you getting your PhD? Masters? In what field?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, relax - you know your bf loves you and can''t wait to be engaged to you - he said it himself!

Second - It doesn''t matter where you are or what you look like, or how the weather is when he proposes. It doesn''t matter what day it is, it doesn''t matter which weekend of two possibilities it is, all that matters is he asks you to spend the rest of your life with him. I know it feels like forever waiting for that moment to arrive, but once it does, everything will feel perfect!

Third - Realize that if you really get your hopes up for Friday night and he doesn''t propose, your resulting bad mood might prevent him from proposing on Saturday night like he was planning, or something to that effect. Enjoy the time you spend with him because you enjoy spending time with him - right? That''s why you can''t wait for him to propose, isn''t it? So enjoy it!!

Good luck with the wait, however long it is!!

35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it''s best to try and "not" expect it if you can. My sister went though this last spring, she is no happily married but last year whoa....every big event in her life she would wonder if he was going to pop the question. Last May they had plans to have dinner at his newly renovated house (that was finally complete) and then go to a show. she called me days before and was asking for help. she wanted me to convince her that he wasnt'' going to ask because she couldn''t handle the dissappointment again. I already knew he was totally planning on doing it that night because he had asked our dad''s blessing earlier in the week. I gave her several reasons why he "wouldn''t" ask her and she went into the evening with no expectation. well guess what, she called me right after dinner crying that he had totally surprised her and she was now officially engaged
2.gif
you''ll appreciate the surpise later even though i know the waiting is torture. enjoy your graduation and accomplishments and try to focus on that and the rest will all fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results