shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk me off the ledge...nervous about switching to an EC!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Tuesday I will receive my new BN emerald cut e-ring! I chose the 1.29 ct I had posted a few days ago: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-1-29-emerald-cut-diamond-aset-photo.212416/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-1-29-emerald-cut-diamond-aset-photo.212416/[/URL]

I went with their tapered baguette setting in platinum: http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/tapered-baguette-diamond-ring-platinum_4524?elem=img&track=product I've requested for there to be little to no space between the baguettes and the center stone. Right now I will pair a plain platinum 2mm band with it until I decide on a new diamond band.

Now that the days are counting down for it to arrive, I'm starting to panic on my decision to switch to an EC! I've owned RB and princess cuts, but never a step cut before. I've adored emerald cuts for years (Tacori e-ring's was the first EC I fell in love with!) and specifically an EC with baguette sides. I'm (surprisingly) not worried about the "I" color and BN has confirmed it's eye clean and that the fluorescence does not impact the diamond in any way (I personally like fluorescence :)) but am nervous about switching from a brilliant to a step cut! Am I just nutzo?? Has anyone else been nervous about changing diamond shapes?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Talk me off the ledge...nervous about switching to an EC

I've never switched stones but I think I would feel nervous too...it's just the not knowing what to expect. Hopefully when you
put it on your finger you'll be feelin' the love :)) .

Post pictures when you get it...love to see it!

kellydean

Rough_Rock

First off, congrats on your new ring..it sounds like it will be BEAUTIFUL and I'm sure you will love it! I think one either LOVES or just appreciates emerald cuts. The "sparkle" and the flashes are just different than brilliant cuts. .I love sort of falling into the steps of my ec and that is the cut of diamond I really wanted. My husband didn't like them as much (I think he prefers the flash of brilliants) but he deferred that decision to me (well--since it is MY ring LOL) I hope you love yours as much as I do, the baguettes are going to be lovely with it!! Please post a lot of pics when you get it.. I know waiting is the hardest!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

tyty333|1429917165|3867363 said:
I've never switched stones but I think I would feel nervous too...it's just the not knowing what to expect. Hopefully when you
put it on your finger you'll be feelin' the love :)) .

Post pictures when you get it...love to see it!

Thank you! :angel:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

kellydean|1429918667|3867374 said:
First off, congrats on your new ring..it sounds like it will be BEAUTIFUL and I'm sure you will love it! I think one either LOVES or just appreciates emerald cuts. The "sparkle" and the flashes are just different than brilliant cuts. .I love sort of falling into the steps of my ec and that is the cut of diamond I really wanted. My husband didn't like them as much (I think he prefers the flash of brilliants) but he deferred that decision to me (well--since it is MY ring LOL) I hope you love yours as much as I do, the baguettes are going to be lovely with it!! Please post a lot of pics when you get it.. I know waiting is the hardest!

Thank you, Kelly! I just looked at your reset and it is GORGEOUS!! Your EC size is my dream size!! Just gorgeous.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A friend of mine wears a vintage EC with tapered baguettes as a RHR. It's such a classic, sophisticated look! I hope you love your new ring!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your new ring! :clap: You chose a really great setting & overall look for an EC. I think you will love it! It is all up to each person & their individual taste but it's one of my favorite looks. Hope to see some photos when it arrives. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really would love to have one if I could get a second diamond ring! I love side baguettes with them, too! The main thing I have heard people say is that you just have to clean them daily to keep them looking their best. I look forward to seeing it!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Thank you all! Its funny how I have no problem searching, helping and recommending diamonds for others but for myself I turn into a total spazz. :doh: My new ring arrives tomorrow and I will definitely post pictures. :))

Thank you again!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Feb Bride: I would love an EC - I look forward to your pictures, I bet it will be beautiful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I started with an RB e-ring and made the switch to an EC many years ago and never looked back. I even upgraded that EC to another EC.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Feb03Bride|1430164528|3868567 said:
Thank you all! Its funny how I have no problem searching, helping and recommending diamonds for others but for myself I turn into a total spazz. :doh: My new ring arrives tomorrow and I will definitely post pictures. :))

Thank you again!

Ooh I love an EC and I know it will be gorgeous! Good luck and I hope it exceeds your expectations! Looking forward to hand shots. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My mum gifted me a near 1ct MRB when I was in my early teens, did not wear it much due to lack of opportunities when I was younger.

When I was asked to pick my own engagement ring, I tried on different styles with MRBs and none of them thrilled me. I liked the look of a 3-stone ring with ECs, and asked to try it on, and I got hooked on EC's ever since.

So much so that I bought myself an EC as a 40th birthday present to myself, and when I need to raise money for house renovation, I sold the MRB along with other jewels that I no longer liked to wear.

DK :))

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

One quick photo :)

_29708.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! I was waiting for you to pop by and show us! Are you happy? Looks lovely on your hand!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

More pics !!! and can we have your finger size for comparison?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! Tell us your thoughts?!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks lovely are you happy with it?

yasssss

Shiny_Rock

so crisp and beautiful :love: !

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love! More pictures please! :love: :love:

kellydean

Rough_Rock

Beautiful!! :appl:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

laurenk|1430281364|3869470 said:
More pics !!! and can we have your finger size for comparison?

I'm a size 6. But the photo is deceiving- the diamond looks much smaller in real life versus the photo!

So, I LOVE the diamond. I can't see any color, it sparkles and flashes beautifully. However, I can see a black inclusion (a pinpoint). My husband can NOT see it, and I cleaned it to make sure it wasn't soldered or anything else. It's definitely an inclusion and one I can see easily. So that may be a deal breaker. Also, the setting is meh. I like it fine, but I feel it doesn't do much for the diamond. I'm happily surprised that the baguettes sparkle very well, however the head is very chunky. So, if I decide the inclusion doesn't bother me and I keep the diamond, the setting will be changed.

I do looooove the emerald cut though! It's just gorgeous and the steps of it are amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results