shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Madame Bijoux - Birkin Bag Advice Needed

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Madame Bijoux - I'd like some advice on selling an Hermes Birkin. Do you happen to know of any online resellers that you consider reputable?

Thank you-
UrsTx

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just sitting here waiting to enjoy this thread. I loved the orange Birkin carried by Sandra Bullock in, "The Proposal". I'm the person who never cared about pocketbooks before. ;)) Come on, Madame!!!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF - that's one of two that I'm contemplating selling to help with funds for a new jewelry project. One is (my holy grail of Birkin Bags) their signature Orange color and one is a special "horseshoe" model Graphite outside with a Violet inside.

My orange baby

My horseshoe-stamped (meaning a special order bag and the first of its kind in that color combination)

birkin_orange_35cm_front.jpg

horsehoe_graphite_violet_front.jpg

horsehoe_graphite_violet_inside.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would have to say that. I can't afford it. I sure as heck wish I could. I should have kept my mouth shut and then maybe you wouldn't have volunteered this extremely painful information! ;))

Deb

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello URS Tx! Sorry I'm late. I've never bought any bags from a reseller or sold any. The purse forum has a list of reliable ones- your best bet would be to check there. Good luck and happy hunting. :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might potentially be interested, UrsTx. How big is the orange Birkin please? Is it the 30 or 35? and leather?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Phoenix - the Orange is 35cm, year P, Togo leather. I don't have the box though - I do have the key/clochette and raincoat.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll set up a loupetroop acct to post more pics and list my email address for further discussions. Thx!

-Ursula

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
The orange is divine! I hope to own one some day and I've always wondered which color I'd choose - a neutral that goes with everything (black or brown) or the signature orange :think: Hopefully, some day, I'll contemplate that choice as I'm making an actual purchase :D

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1430187754|3868775 said:
Hello URS Tx! Sorry I'm late. I've never bought any bags from a reseller or sold any. The purse forum has a list of reliable ones- your best bet would be to check there. Good luck and happy hunting. :wavey:

Madam B - thank you. I found some great tips on the purse forum!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Momhappy - I highly recommend an orange purse in ANY brand (but a slightly deeper orange like the one in the pic above and not a brighter Crayola Orange). I've been so surprised with how many outfits go with this color: jeans/tshirt; black or white dress; clothes in Aqua, green, purple, blue, black, white, brown; casual enough for flip flops or dressy enough for heels. And the color feels fresh in the spring, "in" for the summer, crisp for the autumn leaves, and alive in the dull winter.

Orange is the perfect neutral color IMHO.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts, UrsTx:) The only other orange bag I've seen that I like is a Prada, so maybe until I get my Birkin, the Prada could be a good choice for me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1430309214|3869581 said:
Hi Phoenix - the Orange is 35cm, year P, Togo leather. I don't have the box though - I do have the key/clochette and raincoat.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll set up a loupetroop acct to post more pics and list my email address for further discussions. Thx!

-Ursula

Thanks for your prompt reply, UrsTx. That's such a shame that it's not the 30cm. I'm very petite and can't really carry the 35. And I love Togo too!! :(sad

Thanks though and good luck with your sale.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1430321390|3869670 said:
UrsTx|1430309214|3869581 said:

-Ursula

Thanks for your prompt reply, UrsTx. That's such a shame that it's not the 30cm. I'm very petite and can't really carry the 35. :(sad

Thanks though and good luck with your sale.

No worries. Good luck in your search for a 30cm!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yoogis Closet and Bag, Borrow or Steal are both extremely reputable resellers of luxury bags.

They will offer you a ballpark price on your bag based on your description and then, after you send it in, they will firm up the price. For a high priced piece, I would go with Yoogis, they have sold many Hermes pieces over the years.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you iLander. I have a proposal in to BBS but not Yoogies. I'll try them too. Thanks!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'd really like to talk to you about the bag, could you please set up the loupe troop "listing" so we can email? Cheers.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1430312417|3869608 said:
Momhappy - I highly recommend an orange purse in ANY brand (but a slightly deeper orange like the one in the pic above and not a brighter Crayola Orange). I've been so surprised with how many outfits go with this color: jeans/tshirt; black or white dress; clothes in Aqua, green, purple, blue, black, white, brown; casual enough for flip flops or dressy enough for heels. And the color feels fresh in the spring, "in" for the summer, crisp for the autumn leaves, and alive in the dull winter.

Orange is the perfect neutral color IMHO.

I saw that someone posted in this thread that she had an orange Prada purse. I now cannot find where she posted that, but I did find the ode to orange by UrsTx above. These pictures below that I took are terrible. I just took them tonight in bad lighting, but I thought I'd share my pride and joy with all of you. I have never carried it, just enjoyed looking at it so far. It is an orange Bottega Veneta bag. I have owned it for a few years. I love orange purses. It's why I fell in love with that Birkin!!!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

bottegavenetabag.jpg

bottegavenetaaccessories.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1430679569|3871591 said:
I'd really like to talk to you about the bag, could you please set up the loupe troop "listing" so we can email? Cheers.

My apologies JaneSmith. I didn't see your request until now. Yes, I'll post a loupetroop listing.

...ETA: Or at least I will once LT sends my password reset email. :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results