shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you guys think this halo looks too thick?

Gns13

Rough_Rock
Need opinions! Halo was supposed to be delicate. Do you think It looks too thick/Chunky? Honest opinions please, or am I being to picky?

img_7759.jpg

img_7761.jpg

img_7762.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, it's well proportioned in my opinion. The melee don't overwhelm the center stone (at least to my eye). Gorgeous ring!

Gns13

Rough_Rock
yennyfire|1430185278|3868745 said:
No, it's well proportioned in my opinion. The melee don't overwhelm the center stone (at least to my eye). Gorgeous ring!

Thank you so much! Im obsessing and so back and forth. :twirl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I would not describe it as a delicate halo, but I don't find it too thick/chunky either. I agree with yennyfire that the halo looks proportionate to your center stone, and based on your pics it seems to be quite well-executed.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is perfect. Beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think it is in proportion to your center stone. Round stones of course have a totally different look to them as opposed to your center stone - could it be that the contrast of the different shapes of stone are making it look out of balance to you?

I think it is a beautiful ring - wear it for a couple of days and see if it doesn't grow on you!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think its too thick at all. What exactly do you see that makes you doubt the halo size ? Its kind of difficult to see really close up.
Can you post a close up photo?

Gns13

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input, you are making me feel better.

Im not sure whats making me question it. In some lighting, I see more halo than I would like to I guess, and just want to make sure its not taking away from the center stone.

Ill see if I can get a close up for you. Thanks again for your time and input!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I certainly don't see a thick or chunky halo, but a very gorgeous one that is well proportioned to the stone! :)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Looks in proportion to the center stone. Maybe post more photos with different views to emphasize what you think you see. It looks very nice to me.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way that you can post a picture of your inspiration ring, so that we can compare what you had in mind?

Gns13

Rough_Rock
nala|1430192004|3868810 said:
Is there any way that you can post a picture of your inspiration ring, so that we can compare what you had in mind?

Thank you. Here's the inspiration.

_29657.jpg

Gns13

Rough_Rock
Rockinruby|1430191746|3868807 said:
Looks in proportion to the center stone. Maybe post more photos with different views to emphasize what you think you see. It looks very nice to me.

Thank you, here are a few other shots but not the best pics.

_29658.jpg

_29659.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Well from your inspiration pic I see a very delicate halo looks like this is the work of Victor or Mark at Brilliantly Engaged.
Looks absolutely stunning, but your ring is beautiful too. Unless your really unhappy, ask if you can do it over and show your jeweler the inspiration pic.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While not as dainty as your inspiration picture I do think you halo is a good proportion for your size diamond. I prefer your look to the inspiration.

Gns13

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! Feeling much better!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and like the others here I think the proportions are lovely. Wear it and see how you feel about it though as yours is really the only opinion that matters. If something is bothering you now about it as time goes on it will likely be magnified so wear it and see what you think.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Aschher and others, it's not as dainty as inspiration but it is quite beautiful and it looks in proportion to me. Congrats!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fine to me too.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks great and well proportioned! It looks great on your hand too.
Please post more pics of your ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, but you have to love it!

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful but I totally understand. I recently went halo. I love it in certain lighting and in some lighting I do not. I will give it some time but if I still feel this way in a few months I plan to un-halo. It will have been a pricey lesson but I need to love this ring in all lighting. Good luck!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it's maybe not quite as delicate as your inspiration pic, but your ring is gorgeous and I don't think the halo is too thick at all. The proportions look good and overall, the ring looks beautiful on you!!!! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results