carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jimmianne,

I am so glad you got your paperwork sorted out, that means perhaps we get to meet this summer? :wink2: :appl: It would certainly be nice but happy that you get to travel to Europe anyhow.

I get what you are saying, you have certainly been through a lot and yes these life experiences change us all and we definitely come out changed forever but perhaps in a good way and some positive changes lie ahead. Hard to know at the moment but it may just happen. Every day is a battle but it is a battle filled with more positive signs now. I am trying to relax and clear my head too, listen to lots of music and talk to many friends, do small things for myself and go out sometimes. Thanks for your kindness, I too feel fortunate to have you girls!

Hi to everyone and enjoy your Sunday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

SarahI am so glad you are doing amazingly well!!! I know how challenging a journey it is and you have come through like the champ you are! :appl: :appl: :appl:

You are also a great mom and I hope your ds appreciates those yummy cookies you baked for him and I hope he stayed for dinner last night too.

Good luck with the orthotics and I bet you will be back to all your activities in no time. And I highly recommend tandeming with your dh if you are considering it. It's fun and as you pointed out something you can do and enjoy with your loved ones.

Ovi, very happy things are steadily improving and your outlook is optimistic. It was a long dark road but you are getting through and you will be even stronger and happier for it! Also very glad you got to enjoy a day out with your friends yesterday and that the weather cooperated.

Marcy, I hope you had a great cookout yesterday with the family and have a safe journey back home today. Time flies when you are enjoying yourselves but the memories are forever.

Junebug, I'm with you on finger coverage believe me. A small ring has no oomph on me personally so I get it. My fingers are also big (size 6) and anything less than 10 mm (for a solitaire but with a halo I want much larger) gets lost on me IMO. I like that David Klass ring you posted and I agree. I am impressed with his work too. From my understanding he is good and reasonably priced as well which always makes the purchase easier if you feel you are getting good value for your money. Quality work and reasonable prices makes for an easier purchase.

Jimmianne, Kristie, Callie, Sharon, good morning and I hope you are enjoying the weekend and have a good Sunday. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy :appl: :love: :wavey: long time no talk girlfriend. I missed you, I got used to you writing emails to me. :rodent:

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and do write when you like. I love hearing from you.

Of course this is not over for me, it would also be an overstatement to say that I am great and my outlook is positive but I am trying hard to manage it and this will take years so the road is likely to remain bumpy or get more so but hey we have to try hard, not? Cannot wait to get Pink Sapphie next week. :love: This reminds me I must call.

I am with you girls about finger coverage but I have small fingers so that way I am more fortunate because I do not need such huge stones and rings to look big enough. But I doubt there is such a thing as too big when it comes to rings. :rodent: Please no reminder of my ring plans. :lol:

Hope you are enjoying your weekend with Greg Missy. Hugs to you and say hi to Greg.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs!

Sunday morning doughnuts, who's up for some?

Missy, the donut holes ("Munchkins") are for you!

Hot chocolate, Sumatran coffee or mimosas :wavey:

img_20150426_084600_hdr.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, More is MORE is the NIRDI motto and as such, we MUST obtain good finger coverage, heehee!

Why pay out the nose and then when you look at your hand, you see a Junior ring?!?!?!?!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, the hummingbird china is for your recent birdwatching trip!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning all--just a quick post, ds did make an appearance & stayed for dinner--such a cutie, I love that kid! :love:

Sun is here, hope you have it Callie. I bought a lawn chair, a recliner--at Walgreens of all places. Was there yesterday getting the various heel lifts, & saw a summer display, & thought why not, saves me from making another trip to lowes. ;-)

Jimmianne, I'll send the joke to the mods & see if its ok to post here--it is cute, a few uncouth words....

Missie, thank you for being such a gracious, caring human being, which immediately comes across in all your posts. :wavey:

Ovi, as JimmiAnne says, just keep on cycling. Every life experience shapes & molds us, you will come out of it stronger & wiser. Just focus on the next day, & take care of YOU. Hang in there Ovi!

Marcy, Kristi, & everyone, good morning!! & Enjoy your day!
sarahb

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm Donuts.

Killer made sure to grab what he wanted packed this morning.

_29584.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, glad you get where I'm coming from re finger coverage! I was afraid I seemed a little odd with all my calculations lol. I think my eyes have just gotten used to the look of a bigger ring on my finger and anything smaller just doesn't seem to show up well.

How was the beach this weekend? The weather here was ok but I wish it would warm up more!

Marcy, hope you had a safe and easy trip home - And that Killer is just out of control haha! I'm so glad you kept in touch with us on your vacation, it was really nice hearing what you were up to.

Ovi, so glad to hear you got out for a while and had a good time! You need to make a habit of that lol! I agree with others to just take one day at a time. It is going to take time but I believe you will recover from the traumatic things that have been going on in your life. And there will be good days mixed in with not-so-good days, but just hang in and you will persevere. Sometimes when I'm feeling really down and overwhelmed I remind myself of some good things in my life - to be honest, sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't! But it doesn't hurt to remind ourselves that there are good things in our lives that hopefully will see us through the tough moments. Please know I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Yes, I love yellow diamonds too, I wish my budget would allow for a nice big one lol! I'm really warming up to the idea of the yellow pear ring, I think the yellow gold will be a nice change too. I'm so excited you'll be getting your pink sapphire soon :dance: As you can tell, I love pink stones too! My problem is I love lots of things ;(

Sarah, I'm so happy to hear you're progressing well! You sound like you are in good spirits and I'm excited to hear you're getting around as well as you are. You have come so far! I'm really glad your son was able to stay for dinner, I'm sure it was a day brightener for you!

And…you're a genius! Yes, getting both is doable, and I could set the spinel later on. I like the way you think lol! I agree with you about Catmom's and Amethyst's yellow diamonds, they are both gorgeous. I remember the story Catmom told of how her husband was on his way home from Japan and he was thinking during the whole trip that she should get that ring, I think that is so sweet and romantic.

Kristie, those donuts look SO good! The hummingbird dishes are beautiful. And yeah, I agree, if we're going to spend money on bling it might as well be big! :D

Jimmianne, hope you had a good weekend!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1430067983|3868095 said:
Mmm Donuts.

Killer made sure to grab what he wanted packed this morning.

shocking photo! I had to cover Puff's eyes.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, calculations to the 9th degree are not odd - they are gloriously diamondnerdy.

I am getting nervous about international travel and woke up too early this morning. I was OK until my DD texted last night to say that she may get some music gigs while in France and that her manager might even meet her there. Complications are not my forte. I doubt those things will happen, but it tells me DD and I are not on the same vacation page. We have travelled together several times and I have always ended up exploring alone while she did her thing. Stateside that works OK. Alone in France, I don't know.
Then I started really researching flights and hotels, etc. and that seemed complicated too...where is safe, how to get around, language barrier, currency exchange, jet lag, etc. It turns out that the people who invited us are 3 1/2 hours from Paris, not 2, and I am not sure I want to fly all the way there to spend a week in the countryside. I don't want to stay with the people [single man and his son], but all the hotels & B&Bs in the area are already booked {?!}.
The whole thing sounds overwhelming and exhausting.
Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1430064955|3868072 said:
Jimmianne, the hummingbird china is for your recent birdwatching trip!
I love it!
I saw it before reading your comment and thought how pretty & birdy your china is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Marcy, I hope you and Marty had a fab vacation and an easy and safe trip home. I am sure the killer bunnies and sweet teddies missed you terribly and all are glad you are back with them. :appl:
In fact here's a pic of them they are so happy you are back they are behaving for the moment. :bigsmile:

OMG in fact they got along so well they just might be producing some offspring...here's what that offspring might look like. :cheeky:

http://www.boredpanda.com/rare-endangered-animal-teddy-bear-magic-rabbit-ili-pika-china/

tumblr_nd7chgjsbf1u0hki1o1_400.jpg

sz_ssj_90029.jpg

rare-endangered-animal-teddy-bear-magic-rabbit-ili-pika-china-1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, thank you for those munchkins. YUMMY I love munchkins especially with strong black coffee. :lickout:
Thank you!

Sarah, glad you had some sun yesterday. The weather was very nice by us and it did not rain at all. We had a lovely cycling weekend.
I am so glad your ds stayed for dinner and that the rest of your weekend was good.

Ovi, hey there girlfriend! I am still emailing you no worries. I hope your Monday is going well. :wavey:

Junebug, as usual we are on the same page. Lovely weather yes but a bit warmer would be great. I had the heated vest on both days at full capacity lol. We enjoyed cycling the whole weekend so yay for that. :appl:

Any updates re your bling search?

Jimmianne, it doesn't sound as if your daughter won't be with you most of the trip just perhaps a meeting or two with her manager? Perhaps have a chat with her how you see and want this trip to go. Communication so you are both on the same page.
And I agree you don't want to stay 3 plus hours away from Paris. Perhaps get a travel agent to help you find hotel accommodations closer to the city and stay for a few days with your friends? A good compromise as the countryside is lovely too but just not for the whole trip.

Callie, how was the rest of your weekend? Any decisions re your sweet furbaby's flu shot?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1430128747|3868323 said:
Junebug, calculations to the 9th degree are not odd - they are gloriously diamondnerdy.

I am getting nervous about international travel and woke up too early this morning. I was OK until my DD texted last night to say that she may get some music gigs while in France and that her manager might even meet her there. Complications are not my forte. I doubt those things will happen, but it tells me DD and I are not on the same vacation page. We have travelled together several times and I have always ended up exploring alone while she did her thing. Stateside that works OK. Alone in France, I don't know.
Then I started really researching flights and hotels, etc. and that seemed complicated too...where is safe, how to get around, language barrier, currency exchange, jet lag, etc. It turns out that the people who invited us are 3 1/2 hours from Paris, not 2, and I am not sure I want to fly all the way there to spend a week in the countryside. I don't want to stay with the people [single man and his son], but all the hotels & B&Bs in the area are already booked {?!}.
The whole thing sounds overwhelming and exhausting.
Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Would it be easier for your friend/son to meet you in Paris? Since they know the country and speak the language, it might be easier for them to come to you.

Three years ago we were in Paris as a family. However, I became "in charge" of looking after my nephew who happened to be there at the same time and who became acutely ill with tonsillitis, hence I did my fair share of walking in the Marais (4th) in Paris looking for a Dr. I had a map and I can read French. Not once did I feel lost, unsafe, or out of my wits. :)) Paris is so well connect by transport--getting around is a breeze.

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry this trip is causing you a little stress Jimmianne! Missy and Sharon already stated my thoughts - maybe a travel agent could help you with flights/arrangements, they will be knowledgable about these things - and maybe they could help you out with finding a place to stay near your friend that you're not aware of. I was also thinking that maybe you could stay closer to Paris, and your friends could meet you for a visit - I don't know how well that would go over with them though, since they invited you to stay with them.

I guess it all depends on how adventurous a person is lol - I'm not really the adventurous type, I don't think I'd like to navigate a foreign country by myself. Probably a good idea to talk to your dd and let her know you'd like to have company on this trip. Sounds like her gigs aren't a sure thing yet, so I guess you could wait a bit and see what happens with that. Wish I had some better advice.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kristi, love LOVE donuts--the Krispy Creme franchise is on hubbies way home from work, & he has made stops when the hot sign is on....I have some work to do on my 5'6" frame--3 months of inactivity did add a few lbs unfortunately (disclaimer: not as a result of donuts)

Jimmianne, would love to go to France--I hear you re uncertainty. Do you have friends who have gone? I'd talk with them. First hand input might be helpful. We have a set of friends who go to France a few times a year, they love it so--& have nothing but wonderful experiences.
Maybe you would feel better if you could talk someone who has been there recently?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Jimmianne, I've traveled all over both by myself and with Bob and also with bands and orchestras 'back in the day.' Here is what I think might be of interest to you:

Look into joining up with a group. I've traveled with Trafalgar Tours and Globus and American Express both as a singleton and with Bob and we LOVE traveling this way. All problems and details are handled FOR YOU (unless you're an idiot and create some kind of exotic $#it storm and we know that is not you). All you are required to do is pay up and show up and have fun. I loved most of the people in my groups, they are from all over the world, mostly on my trips from Canada, Australia and NZ as well as the US. Great people. Yes, there are some people that you won't want to sit by at lunch but hey, you don't sit by them then! Also, you can be as social with the other travelers as you like or not, there was 0 pressure on all my group trips to be social with the other people. In major cities, I stayed in much nicer hotels than I could have negotiated for on my own. Many times, when something was closed, like a very lovely castle in Wales, it will be opened for JUST YOUR GROUP and no one else. One time, I had a tour of the Bodleian Library at Oxford, just me and a great grad student there. Cost me the princely sum of $5. The tours are set up with some meals with the bunch and some not, you're not always together. The guide is always there if you need them and they make sure things flow smoothly. There is no wasted time, no getting lost, etc.

You can meet up with your daughter during the trip, or before/after the trip. Bob and I typically add on days to the beginning or end of the trip to exclusively do our own thing in big cities. Big cities are fab for single travelers. Countryside areas? Not so much.

Get on The New York Times and do a search in their travel function for "Paris." Read.

Get your TSA card so you don't have to go through in-depth checks at every airport.

Make SURE your phone service will work in France. Talk to your provider.

Get a microchipped credit card, VISA and AmEx, because that is how they roll all over the world now. If you don't, you'll have trouble with a stone-age credit card, PINs you haven't set up, etc.

Pack. Then take out 50% of what you packed.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I set up a trip to Vancouver, BC, for Bob's 50th. 5 days there. Expensive hotel.

We get there. The best time we had was the next-to-last day when we went with a local tour company to Whistler. The Mercedes van picked us up at the hotel, we picked up 3 other people and off we went. Bob and I got to watch the stunning scenery rather than one drive/one navigate. The driver gave us great info on the place off and on. When we got to Whistler, the tour guide had given us information about the place and all 6 of us went off and did what we wanted for 6 hours and then met back at the pick-up point at the specified time. On the way back, there was shopping show-and-tell; we stopped at an amazing waterfall for some time to hike or wander around, had an espresso and then back to Vancouver. Dropped off at the hotel door.

HEAVEN. All we had to do was have fun and show up at the appointed times.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone. I had a lunch trip meeting with my daughter and we are figuring things out in a good way.
Good to know about the credit card - my new Visa has the chip [so that's what that thing is lol] and good to know about the TSA.
We plan only to take carry-ons.

We are going for 9 or 10 days and staying the first days in Montreuil-Bellay at Chateau de la Durandiere and then will take the train to
Paris and be together for a few days before heading home. I will stay in a hotel in the 18th arrondissement and she will stay with friends. It's starting to make a little more sense! All we have to do is get there and the host family will take care of us.
So ... progress! : )

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Here for a short time before bedtime but this week should be a bit easier and more time to write and I will write I promise. It feels so nice that you girls are thinking of me.

Thank you for the kindness Junebug, yes yes it sometimes does not help but when I am going through hell I remind myself that my brain will reset itself after about three days to start slowly improving and know it will happen, problem is something happens then again, lately that has been it but even through the hardest times I look ahead, I work on the future, plans, solutions, things that I want to make happen in my life and now I am going to read PS as well. I want to as it relaxes me like nothing else to talk to you girls and also to read about my favorite things, my passion, it was just that I could not focus my mind for a while even on my faves in life but I have to try and when I can I will and do.

Missy, yes thanks girlfriend, you and Peggy have been following my story and kept in touch, also Kristie too and I miss our gem conversations Kristie. I missed all of you, Marcy I have not talked to you in ages it seems to me, these killers and teddies, I had a blast. :D Cannot wait to see those offspring. :rodent:

Jimmianne, you will love France, I adore France, I had my best vacation there three years ago this summer. I love Provence, hope Sharon hears this.:))) It sure is heaven for us perfume lovers too but love the atmosphere, the food in France is A-amazing, I loved the French Riviera. Maybe one day I will go back but sometimes certain memories are attached to that so maybe Paris next time. I would love that too I am sure. It would be lovely to meet. You should not worry,Europe is a great place in general and France is awesome. You will have the time of your life.

More to the rest of the girls tomorrow. Have some official appointments, then beauty things and private salsa Wednesday, meeting my goldsmith Thursday and salsa party time then, hope to have Pink Sapphie on Thursday, finally coming home, yaay! Have not seen pix of her yet. Hugs to you all. :love: :wavey: :snore:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

I am so far behind with the thread and I have only been gone two days.

Jimmianne, I could be totally wrong but from my experience back when I worked with people in France and Germany it was very different than it is in the US. Almost everyone spoke Englsh very well. One of my friends from France said most people knew more than one language and many spoke a few languages. She said most people chose to learn English while in school. I remember feeling bad because I was the one who did not speak their language. Are you looking forward to the trip?

Missy, I'm so glad you were able to go biking this weekend. Did you wear your vest? Our weather has been nice today and Sunday. Saturday was awful. We had been busy with family stuff on Saturday. Yesterday I went shopping for most of the day. My husband was off today. We had an appointment with the landscaper today. He never showed up. When I called an hour later he said he forgot all about it. He's coming by tomorrow now. I'm still trying to decide what to do about the furbaby's vaccinations. If we are going to the wedding I am going to need to get the vaccinations or she won't be allowed to go to the daycare. I really want to stay home but am afraid that isn't going to go over too well with the husband. They announced on the news late last week that another dog had died from the flu. The vet also said not to bring her to daycare until the flu situation gets better. I don't know what we will end up doing. I will probably call the vet later this week to see if she thinks it will be safe to bring her to daycare in a couple weeks.

Kristie, What have you been up to? Did you do anything fun this weekend?

Marcy, I'm so glad you had a great vacation and hope your day at work went well today.

Junebug, I think most of us understand how you feel about finger coverage. Did you make a decision on the pink stone?

Sarah, I'm so glad you have been doing so well. The weather is going to warm up at the end of this week so I am pretty sure it will be heading your way. Good thing you bought the lawn recliner. You may actually be able to put it to good use this coming weekend.

OV, It was so good to see you back here. I hope all is going well with you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, you are right – Killer is out of control. I like the idea of getting a ring and the spinel to set at a later date. Of course I have no control about buying bling.

Jimmianne, Sorry that Killer shocked Puff. I would be very hesitant on traveling that far myself but I am a homebody and don’t like to deviate out of my comfort zone. Of course once Marty gets me to go somewhere I do enjoy myself. I think others have offered good suggestions about going through a travel agent to get ideas. It’s certainly a wonderful opportunity for you. I am glad after talking to your daughter you have a more concrete idea of what to expect and plan on for the trip.

Missy, your pictures made me laugh. I will have to save the bear and bunny hugging and send it to Marty sometime. He just “loves” those cutesy things. I am glad you have lovely weather this weekend and go in more cycling. I was so cold yesterday. I packed my sweater because I didn’t want to haul it around with me. It was chilly in Phoenix, I was freezing on the plane then it was cold and rainy in Denver. I never got warm until last night.

Sarah, I have yet to ever enjoy a hot Krispy Crème donut. My SIL did bring home a dozen on Saturday and I had a chocolate frosted that was delicious.

Kristie, that sounds like the perfect way to travel. I know some guys at work mentioned something like that and loved it. I am still hungry for donuts.

Ovi, I found no matter what is going on finding even 5 minutes a day to relax and have some “me” time is helpful. When I taught plus worked sometimes I wouldn’t get stuff done till midnight and I still took 5 minutes to read or look through a magazine just to calm myself down. You have a very busy week planned. I can’t wait to see your pink sapphire pendant.

Callie, Marty has found on his travels a lot of people speak English. I hope the landscaper keeps his appointment tomorrow. I think that is a good idea to consult your vet about the flu shot.

I made goulash with spaghetti sauce tonight, rolls and beans. A friend stopped by with a package she picked up for us last week and since her kids are with their father this week and her husband is out of town we asked her to stay for supper. The three of us played cribbage till about 8:30. It was a fun evening.

Work was very busy again today. My team did a good job last week and so far I haven’t heard of any squabbles among the team. Yay for that!

We had snow on the ground this morning but it wasn’t icy.

Take care.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie,
just tell yourself you are AHEAD, not behind!

Good to hear they are more evolved in France! I dreaded the idea of spending a week nodding and smiling without a clue. Four years of French in HS - whoosh! out the window.
My DD's roommate sent me this cute text: "I will have ideas of places to go for you. We have long meal, ambiance inside the sweet france, and with a problem of understanding but it's so fun". =)

Has everyone been checking out the PS "haul" of fame thread?!!!
Woohoo! I love that some of it goes back 10 years and we can see the evolution of classic styles.

unbelievably it's 37 degrees here this morning. It's warmer in NY! Missy, I think you got our weather by mistake, but I'm happy for you.

I ordered a rose cut pink sapphire from Thailand on eBay :confused: , two pair of diamond & sapphire earrings on Amazon for pete'sake.
One pair of earrings came and they are Not Good and going back. I love opening boxes anyway. This is how the whole thing starts. Have you noticed that? sort of dabbling in minor purchases then suddenly you are on the phone with Grace or Jon? :lol:

Happy Day, everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, yes, everyone speaks perfect English all over Europe. I would recommend you using whatever HS French you remember though as they do appreciate the effort. I am glad things are working out and you are feeling more excited and less nervous about your overseas adventure. It's been so long since I was in France. Darn, I wish sea travel was faster lol.

I feel for you re those ebay purchases. I have learned the hard way especially with gemstones. I stay away from anybody but my favorite sellers on ebay. I know others have gotten amazing deals but I find personally that I get what I pay for no matter from whom I am purchasing and there are very few screaming deals out there. But there are some so you never know. :naughty:

Hoping some warmer weather is heading your way!

Ovi, I am excited for you and your bling to be arrival. Please keep us posted and you can share it in the vendor bling thread that I think still exists somewhere on PS. At the very least you can email us the pic but it would be lovely for you to be able to share on PS. :appl:

Marcy, I am glad you enjoyed those pictures. The last one of the bunny/bear hybrid is so adorable and is exactly how the killer bunny and teddy bear offspring would look. I call dibs on any offspring your furbabies have. :cheeky:

I am sorry you were so cold on the trip home. That was a tough call whether to pack the sweater or wear it and then risk having to carry it. Glad you are back home and hopefully warm again. You got right back into the swing of things like you were never away. Isn't is funny how fast time goes. I am glad you had a lovely vacation and also that everyone behaved themselves at work. Woohoo miracles do happen!

Kristie, I love Vancouver. It's one of my favorite cities. It's been a long while since I have been there though. Sounds like you planned the perfect 50th for Bob and that you guys had a wonderful time.

Callie, yes I wore my vest both days. Needed it. Delicious warmth during the cool rides. This weekend the weather looks to be good (so far) but we are having an early Mother's Day celebration with my family on Saturday (at my sister's house in Long Island) so unfortunately we will not be heading to the beach house for the weekend. If the weather cooperates for Sunday we will make a day trip so we can cycle at least one day weather permitting. The cycling season always causes a conundrum for me because any other activity that takes away from it makes me resent that occasion and I know that is not a good way to feel. It's magnified now too because I lost 10 months but I keep reminding myself family is important and my parents are getting older and I want to cherish this time with them. Just not during the good cycling weather lol.

I see your dilemma re the flu shot for your sweet pup. Does Jeff want to stay for the weekend at the wedding? I know it's a long drive so I can see why he would want to stay. There is nobody who can watch your furbaby in your house for that weekend? If your vet says it is safe to bring her for the flu shot I guess that is the best case scenario. Hoping it all works out well and goes smoothly.

I cannot believe the landscaper forgot. Doesn't he write his appointments down or put it in his electronic calendar? Hope he remembers today and that his bill is reasonable. Any decisions re the burnt tree? Have your neighbors ever acknowledged their part in it?

Junebug, any decisions re the pink stone? It is so lovely the color and from my inexperienced gemstone eyes the cut too. Would look great with an icy diamond halo around it. :love:

Sarah hope you are feeling well today and that the weather is sunny for you so you can enjoy your new lawn furniture. Don't worry too much about the extra lbs your enforced inactivity has caused. It will come right off when you are back to being your normal active self.

Sharon, how great you were able to enjoy a family trip to Paris. I would not survive a trip with my whole family lol. We are all too different and do things at our own pace. It's wonderful you guys were able to do that together though I am sorry your nephew got so ill. He was lucky his favorite aunt was there to care for him!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, love the pics you posted lol! That magic rabbit is one of the cutest animals I've ever seen! :love: Makes me sad it's endangered.

I understand what you're saying on missing out on getting a chance to go to the beach house and cycle, you missed out on 10 months and it's understandable you'd want to cycle as much as possible - especially an outdoor activity that you can really only do in warm weather, which in our neck of the woods is a very short time frame ;( I checked accuweather and as of right now it's supposed to rain on that Saturday so that might actually help you out!

As for bling, I'm coming pretty close to pulling the trigger on the DBL pear ring and the spinel. I like that the pear ring is bit different - but worry maybe it's a bit too different lol. I like the idea of having a yg ring though.

Jimmianne, I'm glad you're feeling better about the arrangements for the trip! It does help to feel that there is a plan in place. Other posters made such a good point that many people speak English in France. You and your daughter will do just fine! I'm excited for you, it's going to be a great trip.

And I agree with you that the best part of buying jewelry is opening the box! I think I'm addicted to that feeling :oops: :cheeky: I love the feeling of anticipation in waiting for something sparkly to show up at my door.

Marcy, glad you made it home safe and sound - Sorry about the snow though, boo! You sound just like me - a homebody by nature, but if dh is willing to get me there by handling everything I'll go haha! I'm glad things went well with your team while you were away, that must be a relief.

Kristie, I think traveling with a group is a great idea, perfect for someone like me who wants someone else to take care of everything lol!

Calliecake, sorry to hear about the dilemma with your fur baby - I wish we lived closer so that I could dog - sit for you. Fingers crossed that it will be ok to take her to doggie day care in a few weeks time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I love that you might get both the spinel and the DBL pear. Both are beautiful and that spinel will make one GORGEOUS ring. :love: 2 beautiful rings sound pretty great to me! :appl:

Hmm yes if the weather goes down like that I will be happier than if it rains on Sunday and is sunny and beautiful on Saturday. Fingers crossed no matter the weather on Saturday that Sunday is a good cycling day because that is the only day we will be able to go this coming weekend. I asked my dh to play hooky tomorrow as the weather tomorrow is supposed to be awesome by us but he's a meanie and says he cannot. Sometimes being an adult blows. :(sad
:boohoo: :cheeky:

(Is blows a bad word? I hope not as I mean it in the most polite way...)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a beautiful ring today. The pictures and video do not do it justice. The stones are clear & lustrous with lots of fire & scintillation. It's a 3-stone OEC I/VS1 with oval old cut side stones total weight of the 3 main stones = 2.5ct Looks beautiful in every light. It's way too soon for a major purchase, but it is giving me thoughts. It's a consignment piece just brought in by an elderly woman and I have it on 24 hour hold "just in case". https://youtu.be/0mfKZFAwjyY

img_7903.jpg img_7912.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne said:
I saw a beautiful ring today. The pictures and video do not do it justice. The stones are clear & lustrous with lots of fire & scintillation. It's a 3-stone OEC I/VS1 with oval old cut side stones total weight of the 3 main stones = 2.5ct Looks beautiful in every light. It's way too soon for a major purchase, but it is giving me thoughts. It's a consignment piece just brought in by an elderly woman and I have it on 24 hour hold "just in case". https://youtu.be/0mfKZFAwjyY

img_7903.jpg img_7912.jpg

Oh Jimmianne, I LOVE this. :love: Amazing. If the price is good I say go for it. Sometimes I go ahead to other occasions when I find something I love but I have already used up my self imposed bling "budget"...not trying to tempt you but if you love and adore the ring don't let it get away if you can help it. ::)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, Jimmianne, that ring is a beauty, low and behold. :love: I would go for it.:))) Ok, we do not want to give you ideas. Of course I would go for everything gorgeous with diamonds but other factors come into play too I know. Thanks for the eye candy! :appl: Let us know what you decide on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results