shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Goldie... My Newest 18KYG Ring!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my finished ring that I just got and also to say thank you so much to LAD for the diamond and SS for the setting!

Here is some back story: Thanks to PS I now know about some amazing vendors and fell hard for old cut diamonds, especially OECs. I already had an engagement ring upgrade prior to finding out about PS, so now I use this community to create rings as an alternate wedding set or for other special occasions using yellow gold, which I realized I love due to the richness of the color of this metal. :)

On with the story... I gave myself a set budget for this ring and used LAD's layaway for the diamond, and SS's 50% down and pay as you can until the setting is finished. The reason why I ended up using SS for the setting was because I was referred to them by LAD for a possible recut and have heard many wonderful things about SS through PS. I ended up not following through with the recut and set the diamond as it was sold to me. It is not the best cut by any means, but I am currently in the mood to find diamonds in the low end of the white diamond scale and hence, getting to use YG, besides the diamonds being budget friendly. :)

So this diamond is W-X (GIA) SI2 due to a clump of feathers on the pavilion and also apparently repolished because now it has a faceted girdle. The setting is called "Jessica" on SS site and the only modification I made was adding millegrain around the accent OECs on the shoulders.

Now for the pics! I do not have a nice camera so this is the best I can do. Enjoy! Thanks again to PS, LAD, and SS!!!

img_20150422_010148.jpg

img_20150422_010706.jpg

img_20150422_012224.jpg

img_20150422_010944.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
More pics! The mirror pic idea is from Acinom! Thank you to you! :wavey:

img_20150422_012450.jpg

img_20150422_012731.jpg

img_20150422_013233.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! The setting is beautifully detailed & I love the fact that you didn't recut the diamond. I am a big fan of antique diamonds & jewellery, so keeping them as original as possible appeals to me. I wish they could tell us their story :appl:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow!! What a gorgeous ring, the yellow gold is so warm, and look at that high crown! The setting is insanely beautiful, I especially love the profile.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love: I love the profile and everything about the setting and the diamond. :love:
I love that you did not recut the diamond. There is something very special about an antique cut diamond IMO. Enjoy your very special and very beautiful ring. :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I am loving all the yellow gold revivals lately.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and ring - the first picture captures such a lovely colour of the diamond and the yellow gold.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love this setting as well, enjoy your new beautiful ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous warm diamond (I have a huge weak spot for warm antique diamonds) :love: :love: :love: And what a fabulous setting!!! Ah, to have a real SingleStone on your finger. I love your pics (including the mirror shot 8-) ): please keep them coming.

Could you also add your stunning ring to this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pretty-please-show-me-your-single-stone-rings.200268/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pretty-please-show-me-your-single-stone-rings.200268/page-2[/URL]

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Your stone in that setting is so rich and yummy! It looks amazing on you! :love: :love: :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the yummy gold color! Gorgeous ring!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for everyone's kind comments. It is really great to be able to revel in each others bling! :)

Alex T: I am such a huge fan too now...I have always loved certain vintage decor and fashion, but it took PS for me to realize old cut diamonds existed! I am very happy that I did not recut this diamond to try and get better optics. The vintage part of me made me reconsider. I would love to know the stories behind this diamond or other jewelry too!

redroze1: The crown is what helped to seal the deal on this diamond. The profile is pretty amazing...love it from all angles! :)

Missy: Thank you!!! I agree about making the right decision to keep the stone as is and not letting it be perfect enough get in the way. It took me a while to find this setting on SS's old site...much easier now. I still really love your wedding set...just beautiful!

Lovinggems: I am on a YG kick at the moment and loving it! :)

Polished: I was so excited when that picture turned out nicely!

lknvrb4: I certainly will! Didn't get to enjoy quite right away when it arrived, but it hasn't been off my finger for hours now. :)

Acinom: Your threads are very inspiring, helpful and so much gorgeous rings!!! I see you having a SS ring one day. I did all of the correspondance by e-mail and phone calIs... would love to see their showroom one day and meet all of them. If you have any questions that I may be able to help out with, please ask away and I will do what I can to answer. I posted some pics on the SS thread, but no link. I will add more pics when I can for this one. :)

CRYSTAL24K: Thank you! I love your rings too!

thecat: Yep, yummy gold color indeed! I am very happy with the ring! :)

_29314.jpg

_29315.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love the rich yellow gold with your lovely stone! :love: Great choice with SS! :love: :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it! :appl: :love:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I super, super love this!!! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful! YG is so pretty with the color of your diamond!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Rockinruby, motownmama, Catmom, SparklySoprano, woofmama, and pregcurious for your lovely comments!!! :)

Here are some more pics. :)

_29457.jpg

_29458.jpg

_29459.jpg

_29456.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
The sun was out today!!! I was surprised that I was able to catch some fire shots with my non fancy camera that is on my phone. :)

_29592.jpg

_29593.jpg

_29594.jpg

_29595.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Few more decent pics. One of my dogs wanted to be a part of this too, it seems. :)

_29596.jpg

_29597.jpg

_29598.jpg

_29599.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely gorgeous lovesvintage!!! :love: I am so enamored with the yg rings I've been seeing on PS lately…the diamond and beautiful setting are a winning combination, enjoy!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new pics :love:
Thanks for sharing and thank you for your kind words!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! Did I miss how big it is?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1430080103|3868142 said:
This is absolutely gorgeous lovesvintage!!! :love: I am so enamored with the yg rings I've been seeing on PS lately…the diamond and beautiful setting are a winning combination, enjoy!

Thanks junebug17!!! I am definitely enjoying this ring. :) Your rings are beauties as well.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1430081473|3868154 said:
Your new pics :love:
Thanks for sharing and thank you for your kind words!

No, thank you...you are definitely one of the PSers that I appreciate because of your helpful threads and encouragement to post.

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
I love this! Gorgeous! Great job emphasizing the beautiful color of your stone with YG! :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1430085122|3868167 said:
Really beautiful! Did I miss how big it is?

Hi tyty333! I never posted the actual size of the stone because I felt it wasn't warranted since it is not a true upgrade ER. I probably will wear it as an alternate option now though, when the mood strikes me. :) It definitely fits on my right hand. I had this ring made to celebrate my wedding anniversay/birthday/work milestone this year, which all has to do with the number 6 in some manner. For example, this year marks my 6th wedding/current work anniversary (after changing careers) and I will be turning an age that ends in a six on June 6. :) You gotta make the most out of life and enjoy what you can when you can, especially after working hard to achieve your goals. Well, since you asked, it is 2.35 carats with a nice spread, according to its description.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DecoDaze! Thank you so much for your kind words. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice ring!..YG will come back in style soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results