shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help. Blue Topaz identification and value

auctionsbay

Rough_Rock
Hello to all fellow forum members. I'm new here and would ask for your valuable advice.
I was offered a Blue Topaz originated as said from Cambodia. Picture is attached. The seller insisted the stones where untreated (even nor irradiated) with the following specification: Three stones set 1- 9,61ct., 2-1,21ct., 3-1,07ct. Total= 11,89ct. 1: 8,0mm, 14,0mm, 12,0mm 2- 3,8mm, 8,3mm, 5,2mm 3-3,9mm, 8,2mm, 5,3mm. The asked price 900$ for three. Would you please give me an idea whether the price is ok? Many Thanks in advance for your help!

_29572.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would NOT be paying 900 dollars for blue topaz unless the thing happen to be as big as my hand (and I got some pretty big hands!)

Blues are almost always irradiated and even when they're not, they don't command THAT kind of price. Other colors yes, blues no. . So I would give it a miss. You're better getting a really awesomely precision cut blue topaz and calling it a day (which still won't run you that type of money).

Interesting reading on topaz in general but specifically the irradiation methods.
http://www.palagems.com/blue_topaz.htm

auctionsbay

Rough_Rock
Many Thanks for your professional help and advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results