shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me to make final decision on 2ct.

Khwamsuk

Rough_Rock
Dear All,

I have to make decision tomorrow for choosing 2ct.
Please help me to select which one would be the best?

First one come from HRD certificate.
The "A" jeweler quote me at $24615 for 2.13 ct H color VVS2 Ex Ex Ex

The specication is shown as per below
carat: 2.13
Colour: H
Measurements : 8.32-8.35 mm x 5.01mm
Girdle: Medium 3.5% faceted
Culet: pointed
Depth: 60.1%
Table Width: 60%
Cr. Angle: 33.5°
Pav. Angle: 41.0°

The other one come with GIA certificate.
The "B" jeweler quote me at $27692 for 2.04 ct H color VVS2 Ex Ex Ex

carat: 2.04
Colour: H
Measurements : 8.12-8.14 mm x 4.99mm
Girdle: Medium 3.5% faceted
Culet: None
Depth: 61.3%
Table Width: 59%
Cr. Angle: 34.0°
Pav. Angle: 41.0°

IMO, I would go with HRD but not sure that it's right decision.
2.13 ct HRD looks so perfect in my budget because it is bigger and cheaper than 2.04 GIA around $3000.
2.13 ct HRD is super clean when I checked the inclusion plot but 2.04 GIA has four or five pin points in the middle at front of diamond.
However, I just saw the GIA diamond today then I felt that it look slight whither than HRD. That make me feel worry about color grading from HRD.
Both diamond come from different store so I cannot compare it side by side.
Again please help me to choose 2ct. diamond

Ps. I'm live in Thailand so HRD is so popular here too. HRD or GIA is not my concern

Thank you in advance

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
I'd be skeptical about the color and clarity grading of the HRD stone, especially if the GIA stone of the same supposed grade looks whiter. Trust your eyes.

http://www.diamonds.net/News/NewsItem.aspx?ArticleID=43417

The same diamonds were sent out to various gem labs including GIA and HRD. HRD graded significantly more leniently on color and clarity than GIA.

If the HRD stone turns to actually be a GIA I color, VS1 then the value proposition disappears.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the measurements on the B stone, but none of us can say 100% which is better without seeing magnified images of the stones and an idealscope or ASET image to see if there is any leakage. I think the price on the second one is reasonable. You could however go down to VS clarity and reduce cost a bit.

Khwamsuk

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your comments. I try to request Aset image. But I did realized that I typed wrong %girdle. It should be "Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%" not "Medium, Faceted (3.5%)". I attached inclusion plot for further review. I think I will go with diamond B for sure.
getdigitalimage_0.jpg
Please give me an advice. Dose this acceptable for VVS2 grading?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VVS2 is extremely clean. You will not see the inclusions of you look at the stone with a 10x loupe. VS1 is extremely clean as well. You definitely don't need to worry about the inclusion plot on a VVS2.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results