shape
carat
color
clarity

burma ruby?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Did the original poster ever find out what she had? I always thought it was a lovely stone.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Did the original poster ever find out what she had? I always thought it was a lovely stone.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I have this ring my Dad bought for my mom about ten or eleven years ago. He went on a work trip to Thailand and brought back this ruby ring for her. He said it was Burmese and it cost a couple thousand dollars there and would have cost a lot more here. He was so excited when he gave it to her, she had lost her wedding ring many years before and this was going to replace it. About a year later, they got divorced. They had been married twenty one years. It was a nasty divorce, they were mean and cruel to each other, he asked for the ring back and she told him she had pawned it. But she gave it to me. She told me I could sell it or do whatever I wanted with it. But of course I would never do that. It has a lot of sentimental value to me as it was the last thing he gave her. He knows now that I have it now but it's awkward to talk about it with him. I want to have this ring tested to see what it's worth or to find out if it's really a Burma ruby. Is it possible for a jeweller to find out it's origin? I love this ring no matter what but I am curious to know more about it. It has 750 marked in the band and also what looks to be a diamond with the number 5 next to it and some other numbers I can't really make out. I remember him saying it is .50 carat. I will post a picture. Does it look like a Burma ruby?

1383411481595.jpg

Did you ever get a lab report?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results