shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Ring Resize or remake?

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
A while back I purchased a beautiful 2502 rdp 65 (platinum)Tacori setting for my girlfriend. The short version is that it was a "case" ring and the discount was too good to pass up. (65% off!). Which yielded a $4600 setting for $1650. The catch was the jeweler would not service it as he was no longer a Tacori rep and it would have NO TACORI WARRANTY .He was just selling off his stock. Being uneducated, I thought I would just have the ring resized later.

That was a great plan until I learned my GF wears a size 3!
Before judging me and saying what I SHOULD have done :wink2: the bigger question is has anyone ran into this before? Sizing down 3.5 sizes?? The main concern is the pave sides. I've read plenty of forums and I'm sure the response will be to remake it, but does anyone know if Tacori will remake it and the costs involved? Or am I better off selling this one to someone that has around a size 6 finger :). i got a quote of $500 from a local jeweler to resize and rebuild the pave sides but wanted other opinions first as this will probably mess up the Tacori stamp.

Obviously I dont mind paying Tacori to do it if it's worth it and have some room to wiggle considering the price I paid.

Ok. On with the judgements :)

_26738.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Jgrin, first I appreciate you trying to get a steal of a deal with a Tacori. I was trying for something similar myself a little while ago and ended up buying from another vendor and having the ring made for my stone and ring size. I didn't end up with a Tacori because the cost was prohibitive, plus I had upgraded my center unexpectedly and that further put me out of the ballpark. But let me say that I love my choice and I know you will find something you like, as well.

Personally, I would suggest you start over. It's going to be too much impossible work to make this ring work as your future fiancee has such tiny fingers. If you can get someone to purchase it, who has around a size 6 finger, they can rock it out and you can sell it for not much loss (hopefully). The other thing is though, since it's a halo, the center stone has to be pretty much the exact same mm size. If someone else already has a center stone, that can be tricky. If not, they would just buy a stone to fit precisely in the halo. The Tacori warranty will not be valid on the ring, however, so make sure future buyer is aware.

Good luck!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Are you sure it doesn't have the Tacori warranty or is it that the dealer is no longer a Tacori rep and HE isn't authorized to work on it?

If it still has the warranty, I would take it to another Tacori authorized dealer and get them to contact Tacori for you. In fact, even if you don't have the warranty, I would try this anyway. That would be my first step, get more information about the ring and what can be done and what it would cost from Tacori.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
I would not pass up on such a good deal on a Tacori ring....I'd def call tacori and find out. It looks beautiful, I love the halo on it.

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
Correct. The ring has no warranty as he was no longer an authorized dealer. I Didn't even get the warranty card/number.

I have a Tacori dealer calling Tacori today to find out options and costs. Even if Tacori charges $2000 I'm still coming ahead on it and it would be remade AT Tacori.

Soprano, I appreciate your honesty and my have to resort to selling the ring but am hoping not to! If it becomes cost prohibitive it will be for sale! :).

I guess the better original question should have been "any ideas on how much it SHOULD cost to remake?"

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
maccers|1423239321|3828311 said:
Are you sure it doesn't have the Tacori warranty or is it that the dealer is no longer a Tacori rep and HE isn't authorized to work on it?

If it still has the warranty, I would take it to another Tacori authorized dealer and get them to contact Tacori for you. In fact, even if you don't have the warranty, I would try this anyway. That would be my first step, get more information about the ring and what can be done and what it would cost from Tacori.

This is a great suggestion!

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
I hope to have an answer today. Thanks so much for the reassurance and opinions. I'll post the price when I get it for future wondering minds :)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Jgrin12|1423239871|3828317 said:
Correct. The ring has no warranty as he was no longer an authorized dealer. I Didn't even get the warranty card/number.

I have a Tacori dealer calling Tacori today to find out options and costs. Even if Tacori charges $2000 I'm still coming ahead on it and it would be remade AT Tacori.

Soprano, I appreciate your honesty and my have to resort to selling the ring but am hoping not to! If it becomes cost prohibitive it will be for sale! :).

I guess the better original question should have been "any ideas on how much it SHOULD cost to remake?"

My husband and I both have Tacori rings. We've never been asked to show the warranty card when taking it in for service (we've gone to two locations; one store they did not know us at all but did not ask to verify our purchase). However the work was done in-house, the rings were not sent to Tacori (that may require the warranty card, I'm not sure).

I just checked the Tacori website and it states: For the greatest continuity of care for your Tacori piece, take your Tacori Certificate of Authenticity to your authorized Tacori retail partner as listed on your card. Your personalized serial number will identify your unique Tacori item to the retailer.

As stated above, so far we've not been asked to produce the certificate even at a store where they don't know us.

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
Well, my jeweler has talked to Tacori twice now and they refuse to work on the ring, or even look at it for that matter without the registration papers. I can still bring it back to the guy who sold it after talking to him so that is my best bet. So much for a great deal!!!

Tacori is apparently tightening down on this but very dissapointing they won't even look at it without being registered. If anyone wants a beauty and wears a size 6-6.5 Im in this one for $1750 with tax!

My last option is to let a local jeweler size it down for $500. Scary proposition with all those pave diamonds.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
If there is even a remote chance tacori has its own warranty on that ring if you let a local reweler resize it, from my understanding, that warranty will be nullified.

And from all the jewelers i talked to, most said they prefer not modifying a tacori ...well.. because it's a tacori...you let only tacori touch it.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Dumb question, but what was the reasoning for having no Tacori warranty/registry? Was that why he was able to offer it to you for such a low price? Is it not "registerable?"

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
At this point, I can't get a 100% answer to that. The "excuse" is that it was a demo/promo ring. He didn't ask much questions when I asked to return it, so I figured it best to not cause a stir.
He did tell me He wod be unable to provide the certificate "numbers" to register it. I do trust that it's real, just no warranties. And yes, that was the reason for the huge discount. It will work well for someone around that ring size.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
I think you could easily profit on this ring on craigslist or ebay even if there is no warranty. With how cheap you received the ring for even if you resize it and pay 500 you are still saving a lot of money. Think about it...it's a Tacori and a gorgeous ring. I would keep it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen other jewelers stop being Tacori dealers and selling sample rings like that before. Lucky are the people who wear those sizes! I actually have bought some terrific right hand rings that way, but my left ring finger is a little smaller.

But no, you should never attempt to size down a ring that much, and never a pave one. I would resell it or return it. Probably return would get your money back in your hands the fastest, though,

But wait a sec, there is a guy in another thread who is interested in that exact ring but I will have to ask her ring size. What is the center stone size? Does it have a cz in it?

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
I have officially decided to return it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

If someone wants it I can give them the contact info for the seller. It has a 1 carat Cz in it as of now.

Thanks again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jgrin12|1423278291|3828580 said:
I have officially decided to return it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

If someone wants it I can give them the contact info for the seller. It has a 1 carat Cz in it as of now.

Thanks again!

Okay, give the jeweler's name and number just in case this other guy wants it. He was looking at a 1.2 ct diamond, but he might reconsider for this setting if it just happens to be her size. I asked but he hasn't answered yet. Just a strange coincidence that two people were interested in the same ring at the same time!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting emails is against the forum rules unfortunately, so you might want to remove that as the moderator will. I would think your jeweler would be thrilled to have people calling for his Tacori ring samples. I'd just name the store and city if you don't want to give his name.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I would NOT give up yet. I think I'd make up a tall tale and take a stab at it. A relative give it to me and their house burned down???????- IDK. I can be pretty persuasive and always employ the "honey vs vinegar" approach. Try 3X through the appropriate stream, then write a really professional letter to the president of Tacori. "It would be REALLY awesome if you could give this ring to your GF, but you do NOT have the card. Isn't it POSSIBLE to authenticate it????????"

Good luck. It's a pretty ring!

mechchic3

Rough_Rock
I had a Tacori ring resized from 7 1/2 to size 6 took it to an authorized retailer close to me and was never asked for a warranty card. When the ring came back it fit like a glove. It came back from Tacori in immaculate condition. Just took my wedding band in to get resized by Tacori again and was asked for a warranty card I just said I didn't have it and the salesperson told me not to worry she just needed it for the ring style #. I told her I had the style number and gave it to her and it wasn't an issue. So I would maybe try another retailer.

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
Just an update. I found a jeweler willing to size the ring but the cost was nearly prohibitive to just ordering a remake from Tacori. I took my girlfriend with me this time and we designed a ring to be custom made. If course it had qualities we liked from the Tacori, but we were able to pick every detail and have it made to size. It came out absolutely perfect.
Going down more than 3 sizes proved to be to much.

_29519.jpg

_29520.jpg

_29521.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YEAH! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been following this thread, and I'm so glad you had a happy ending! (I must say that I like the new ring even more than the Tacori -- the look without all the hassle!) Win-Win!! Congrats to you and your FI! :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is a really cool ring! Love it and am also glad for the perfect ending to your journey. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that looks very well made! :appl: I think you should name your jeweler/city so that they will have a positive reference on here!

Jgrin12

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1430017802|3867875 said:
Wow, that looks very well made! :appl: I think you should name your jeweler/city so that they will have a positive reference on here!

Great Idea! Dianna Rae jewelry in Lafayette, La assisted with the design and custom made the ring. The experience was PHENOMENAL from start to finish. I ended up spending less on the setting than a Tacori setting and the quality is superb. I believe Dianna's husband developed the design software used by most jewelers and they even 3d print YOUR ring (in plastic) to try on before they make the real deal.

AMAZING Folks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results