shape
carat
color
clarity

What do people think of this Diamond?

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
Just wondered what people thought of this - labelled as a Hearts and Arrows diamond
Depth 61.9% 56% Table 35.6% crown angle 40.6% pavilion = HCA 1.3
0.8 carat
F colour
SI1 clarity
Excellent Cut
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
GIA certified

I am new to all this, but some of the hearts look wonky at the end, but I am no expert.
diamondpic_0.png

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
Do I need to include anything else so people can provide an opinion? Sorry, Im new to all of this.

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
Sorry to be a pain, but just a final plea for some feedback on this - Im new to the diamond buying business, so any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Looks fine. Just make sure the si 1 is eye clean

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Specs and scans look great. Have you seen diamond in real life or closeup pictures? Is it eyeclean?

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
Im afraid I am buying online so total trust on the online seller. I will ask them. I only started looking for an engagement ring a couple of weeks ago and have tried to read all the articles on here and trying my best to get the best diamond I can within budget but its so difficult. Any help much appreciated, as its really helpful and this sit is brilliant. Most of the shops I have visted locally don't even say what the cut grade is , they only focus on colour and clarity!

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
As a comparison somebody else has just sent me this. From my limited knowledge is best avoided? heartbigimage_1198509272.jpg arrowbigimage_2____1198509272.jpg

luvely

Rough_Rock
I don't know too much about diamonds but that first one looks beautiful! Esp compared to the second. And very close to the specs I was looking for. Did you find it on good old gold btw?

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
I don't know much about diamonds either that's why I am hoping the experts on here will guide me. I know I probably wont be able to tell the difference and most people wont, but I do want to get the best diamond possible within budget and make sure it really sparkles in the ring. Will only be buying it once, so wont making sure its correct.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the numbers for the second stone?

It looks good but I also like to know the numbers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither one would be classified as H&A by our vendors that specialize in selling them, but they certainly may both be beautiful stones! I am just not sure about those first two images and whether they are from a hearts and arrows viewer or what. I don't think it is an idealscope image. The second one is apparently taken on a gray background and they should be taken on white. Who are these vendors? I have not seen images like these before.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first one too and agree that neither one is hearts and arrows, but still could be very nice stones. If they are similarly priced, I'd go with the first one.

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help so far. The second diamond has a fluorescence of medium blue so I am going to rule this out. I would be interested in why people would not classify the first as a hearts and arrows. Is it far off being one? The vendor says it has excellent lustre, no milkyness or hazyness and excellent hearts and arrows.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Hearts & Arrow diamonds should have no cleft in the hearts and all 8 hearts should be of same sizes. A diamond with clefted hearts, assymterical hearts, botched Vs etc would not be classified as a Hearts & Arrow diamond. These variations occur because of the variations on opposite facets and to end up with a perfect hearts and arrows the cutter needs to be extra careful in matching those opposite and neighbouring facets along with certain proportions for example a stone with lower halves of 80 will not be have perfect hearts.
Those hearts being not perfect however does show superior symmetry. Also remember a perfect hearts and arrow is not a prerequisite for AGS Ideal 0 cut or Light performance.

jlc9779

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input on the hearts and arrows - its so complicated. One part of me says just to get a GIA excellent diamond and it should be more than fine and nobody who sees the ring will ever know the difference, but part of me wants to make sure I get the best diamond I can! I guess if I go for a good HCA score, GIA certificate and fairly good Hearts and arrows I should be ok! Any help or tips much appreciate.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
HCA scores are irrelevant when buying AGS 0 cut stone. HCA is a rejection tool not selection. Honestly, GIA excellent is not enough, neither is HCA or any proportion based cut estimators. You need to know how the stone actually performs and that's when you actually see the stone and are able to compare it against another. Or you use the tools that make the online trade much easier: Magnified digital pictures and ASET images that describes light performance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results