shape
carat
color
clarity

Help.... Solitaire to halo. Thoughts?

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hellllllo!

Gosh it has been so long since I visited this site! It's great to be back!!

Well... You'd think from my user name that I have a halo right? Well I actually have a solitaire!!! At the time we were buying my e-ring, halos weren't done very well (I'm in Europe, the halo setting was a pretty new phenomenon here at the time and every one I tried had a huge gap between the halo & the centre stone).

Anyways, fast forward a few years and halos are much better.

I'm considering adding a cushion halo to my 2.18 ct Hearts and arrows RB. I have a pretty chunky wedding band though so I'm thinking of getting a plain band on the halo.

Here are some pics of a similar ring to my envisisioned new mount. This has a split diamond band. I'm thinking of a plain 2.5mm band with just the centre stone and a cushion halo. The stone in these pics is the same size as mine.

What do ye think? I also have a spacer plain band so I could use this as a wedding band (it was blessed and placed on my finger during our wedding ceremony with my diamond band) and I could wear the diamond band as an eternity ring on my left hand.

I'm open to suggestions from all you lovely PS'ers!!

I'm also attaching pics of my set as it is at the moment!

_29491.jpg

_29492.jpg

_29493.jpg

_29494.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I am a halo fan, too, but I really prefer your solitaire to the one shown. In your post, though, you mention the one in your plans would have a plain band, which I think would look better. Enjoy your halo journey!!! I would love to see more ideas/pics.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sparkly Soprano, thanks for your reply. The halo in my photos has a split diamond shank which I think is too fussy with my wedding ring behind it; hence why I would design my new ring to have a plain band (similar to my existing ring). It would also mean that it would sit flush against my other ring. :)

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome idea about the plain band I think. Are you thinking the exact same halo construction as the one shown? I'm wondering if you could consider a more rounded edge shape in the cushion halo? I think it might compliment the stone and band better. I also really like the barely there halos that are paired with bigger centers like yours. Have you thought of those at all?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having just went the other way - halo to a solitaire, I would suggest you buy a cheapie sterling halo in the shape you are thinking and wear it for a bit. My trial was quite an expensive lesson to come to the realization that a halo is not for me as an e-ring. If you just love the look then go for it once you decide on the design. I love your solitaire!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for your replies.

Sparkly, yes. I think I know what you mean regarding the edges. I will need to find some nice photos to show my jeweller if you have any? I'm not sure what you mean about the barely there halos? I'm intrigued...

Redwood - thanks for your compliments on my solitaire. I do love it! I think I will adore a halo just as much though ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another halo fan, and I had my EC diamond in a simple bezel setting that was my 40th birthday present to myself re-set in an air line halo 10 years later, sort of an upgrade I guess.

I like the look of the halo setting for the diamond, however, the split shank looks too wide to be worn as part of the set shown IMHO. A narrower plain band would be my preference.

Good luck with your re-set.

DK :))

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1429988719|3867732 said:
Another halo fan, and I had my EC diamond in a simple bezel setting that was my 40th birthday present to myself re-set in an air line halo 10 years later, sort of an upgrade I guess.

I like the look of the halo setting for the diamond, however, the split shank looks too wide to be worn as part of the set shown IMHO. A narrower plain band would be my preference.

Good luck with your re-set.

DK :))

Hi! Yes, I agree 100% about the split shank. Definitely a plain band and that will let the centre stone and halo take all the lime light!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I mean RHL.... :))

The halo is there but not as prominent. With a plain band, pretty!

_29545.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one, too. (Ritani posted two posts ago)

And I found the Tacori with mainly a plain band.

_29546.jpg

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Oh my Gosh..... This is it!!!! This is it exactly!!! Thank you so much!! It's just perfect!!

I will be getting it made using the platinum from my existing setting though.... Trying to keep the cost down! ;-)

Sparkly, the rings you suggests are beautiful also! I love the thinner halos! Thanks for all your suggestions! I will be sure to report back to let you know how it goes x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results