shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Acinom I'll post photos when it arrives. I can't wait to see your Doug Menadue stones!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear the sapphires arrived safely.

For the Aqua, I like the bezel set split shank with twisted pattern that looks like a David Yurman inspired design (can't tell if it is genuine DY or not).

As I have repeatedly said before, ban, what ban???!!! :lol:

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy waiting Ricezo :wavey: :wavey:

DK: thanks! I am really relieved that the sapphires were delivered after all.

I love that bezel split shank design as well. It was intended for the medium vivid topaz though. But I agree that the Aqua would look good in it as well.

Phase one of the ban has actually already started: no loose stone purchasing anymore, only setting the last stones purchased. Including the Paraiba and Sapphires there is a total of 6 stones to be set :twisted:
Leniency is allowed for a champaign coloured zircon. :twisted: And that's it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooooooooo! Not "The Ban!" :o :evil: :shock: (still searching for an emojie like "Home Alone" visual of hands on sides of face with mouth open wide in horror, but no luck...)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1429993868|3867754 said:

I love that bezel split shank design as well. It was intended for the medium vivid topaz though. But I agree that the Aqua would look good in it as well.

Phase one of the ban has actually already started: no loose stone purchasing anymore, only setting the last stones purchased. Including the Paraiba and Sapphires there is a total of 6 stones to be set :twisted:
I totally support your ban. I've been on one myself, and am now setting. I make exceptions for a specific 2 (used to be 1 :rodent: ) stones I have been considering.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1430016475|3867859 said:
Noooooooooo! Not "The Ban!" :o :evil: :shock: (still searching for an emojie like "Home Alone" visual of hands on sides of face with mouth open wide in horror, but no luck...)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1430017738|3867873 said:
Acinom|1429993868|3867754 said:

I totally support your ban. I've been on one myself, and am now setting. I make exceptions for a specific 2 (used to be 1 :rodent: ) stones I have been considering.

Thank you for your support Pregcurious! I am so glad you are now setting some of your stones. The outcome of your second project will surely be as promising as the first :love:
During what timeframe have you been on a ban?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I put myself on a hard ban last year at lent ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lent.199336/?hilit=lent']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lent.199336/?hilit=lent[/URL]). This really cured me of my addiction. I had an addiction that was resulting in my being obsessive about gemstones, in a way that I did not like for myself. I never got to the point where it was out of control, but I could tell I was headed there.

After my ban that, I've acquired 2 lower end stones, but my obsession is more like a strong interest now. I stay within a very reasonable budget.

I bought 2 stones this year, but they both went/are going back because I am now will to be more patient and get what I really want, instead of just living off the high of acquiring new stones. My interest also went over to pearls, and I am patiently waiting to get the right pieces of pearl jewelry to wear.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1430139906|3868368 said:
I put myself on a hard ban last year at lent ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lent.199336/?hilit=lent']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lent.199336/?hilit=lent[/URL]). This really cured me of my addiction. I had an addiction that was resulting in my being obsessive about gemstones, in a way that I did not like for myself. I never got to the point where it was out of control, but I could tell I was headed there.

After my ban that, I've acquired 2 lower end stones, but my obsession is more like a strong interest now. I stay within a very reasonable budget.

I bought 2 stones this year, but they both went/are going back because I am now will to be more patient and get what I really want, instead of just living off the high of acquiring new stones. My interest also went over to pearls, and I am patiently waiting to get the right pieces of pearl jewelry to wear.

Thank you for sharing your story Pregcurious.
Acquiring stones can be really special and even meaningful as long as you only buy the stones that are really special to you. I felt myself longing for the 'next project', even when the 'current project' was not even finalised. I want to focus on just enjoying what I already have.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1430155909|3868487 said:
pregcurious|1430139906|3868368 said:

Thank you for sharing your story Pregcurious.
Acquiring stones can be really special and even meaningful as long as you only buy the stones that are really special to you. I felt myself longing for the 'next project'. I want to focus on just enjoying what I already have.
Well said. That is exactly how I feel. I think I may still collect some stones that have certain characteristics that my other stones don't have (e.g. asterism).

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Doug posted this on Instagram today. Perhaps your babies are in the mix! :wavey:

_29744.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
Doug posted this on Instagram today. Perhaps your babies are in the mix! :wavey:
Doug is cutting me an Asscher from rough #3. It's natural blue (untreated).

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1430389073|3869991 said:
ricezo said:

Exciting!! It looks beautiful Mochiko, please post photos when it arrives!

S

SparkliesLuver

mochiko42 said:

Wow, mochiko! That piece is huge. Any idea how big he said the faceted stone would be? I love it. :naughty: And the color!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko! That's amazing? I am curious to learn what the expected dimensions are. It looks huge!!!
And the colour is AMAZING :love: :love: :love:

Any ideas on how you will set it?

Update: my cab Paraiba ring is ready. I love the outcome!! Will take a while before I get it though. I've asked David to send the ring in a few weeks as I will travel to the Caribbean first.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha no, I think Doug will cut several pieces from that piece of rough, not just mine! I asked him for an 11-12mm Asscher. :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Update: my cab Paraiba ring is ready. I love the outcome!! Will take a while before I get it though. I've asked David to send the ring in a few weeks as I will travel to the Caribbean first.

Yay!! :dance: But Acinom, you must at least share something! I don't think I can wait a few weeks. ;)) :lol: Have fun in the Caribbean!

S

SparkliesLuver

mochiko42 said:
Haha no, I think Doug will cut several pieces from that piece of rough, not just mine! I asked him for an 11-12mm Asscher. :)

Ah, okay. Still though. I like the way you think! ;-) Can't wait to see it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1430395872|3870020 said:

Sounds great!
Unfortunately I am on a stone buying ban. It's very tempting :twisted:
So glad I will be able to enjoy yours!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430395911|3870021 said:
Acinom said:

Yay!! :dance: But Acinom, you must at least share something! I don't think I can wait a few weeks. ;)) :lol: Have fun in the Caribbean!

Whahaha! Well, I will share the pics then. Especially since you have all helped me when I was so indecisive!!

Here she is:

_29747.jpg

_29748.jpg

_29749.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Wooooooooooooooooow. :love: :lickout: Thank you for posting. She's gorgeous, Acinom. I'm glad you went with your gut. I cannot wait to see your hand shots in a few weeks!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1430388267|3869988 said:

Thanks for posting this!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430398091|3870030 said:
Wooooooooooooooooow. :love: :lickout: Thank you for posting. She's gorgeous, Acinom. I'm glad you went with your gut. I cannot wait to see your hand shots in a few weeks!

Thank you Sparkliesluver! I am glad I took the plunge! I am so thrilled with the engraving. I love the vintage vibe which was my original plan for this ring. Will post handshots by the end of May probably.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Omg amazing ring Acinom! I love the engraving and the milgrain!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1430400625|3870047 said:
Omg amazing ring Acinom! I love the engraving and the milgrain!

Thank you for your kind words Lovinggems! I am so looking forward picking up this ring!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much color and Wow! to comment on. Acinom, your ring is gorgeous. The ring is so elegant and the engraving just adds a bit more dimension to make it look regal. Well done!

Mochiko, you have an eye for color, that is for certain. That rough is unbelievably beautiful and certainly rare for unheated topaz. I am absolutely certain that when we see your asscher cut, there will be a run on his stones, particularly that rough (if it hasn't already been bought).

Most excellent!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! It is gorgeous Acinom!! The paraiba is delicious of course and I absolutely love the engraving!! Your ring is perfection. Congratulations! You'll have to take it with you next time you go to the Caribbean. I think it would look amazing next to the Caribbean waters.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver said:
Acinom said:

Yay!! :dance: But Acinom, you must at least share something! I don't think I can wait a few weeks. ;)) [emoji38] Have fun in the Caribbean!
I concur!! Would love to see some more photos of the new ring once you receive it. That engraving is gorgeous. I don't know how you can wait several more weeks!

Caribbean?? Ooooh... Have an amazing time!!! It's a stupid question but since I've never been there... Is the sea there really a dreamy Caribbean sea green-blue, like in movies, brochures etc? I think the closest I got to that type of tropical idyll (white sand, bright blue-green sea) was in Boracay, Philippines. [emoji3]

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
mochiko42|1430389073|3869991 said:
ricezo said:

Exciting!! It looks beautiful Mochiko, please post photos when it arrives!

It's Australian topaz from O'Brien Creek (I think it's up north somewhere, in Queensland?). I'm excited to see how it turns out. [emoji4] Doug says it will take about a month to complete so I shall exercise patience in the meantime.

I really need to stop acquiring loose stones and start thinking about setting them... [emoji23]

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Holy Moly Acinom!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I LOVE sugarloafs, and the engraving on that shank is to die for!!!!! It does give it an antiquey (yes that's a word!) feel to it, and it's got a cool, calm but definitive and stunning presence. It's just gorgeous, and I don't think you could have done even a bit better - it's absolutely perfect!!!!

Have fun on your trip, you lucky duck!!!

P.S. I love is right down to the prongs...they are fabulous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results