shape
carat
color
clarity

Layering Pearl necklaces

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to get a second Pearl necklace to layer with my 18" multicolor Kamoka tin cup. What length do you think the second necklace should be? Should it be another tin cup or would it look good to layer it with a strand of pearls? Thoughts? Thanks so much!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think both would look great just depending on the pearls. 4RanchGirl has a lot of tin cup strand especially on the last several pages, and her thread has lots of photos, it is just a few below this one.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'd probably get a longer length because it seems to me more versatile than, say, a 16 inch. Then you'd have one for above the collar, and a longer one, whereas 16 and 18 inch both seem to me pretty much above-the-collar. That is, if you'd actually wear a longer one.

I'd get the same kind of tin cup. But I don't get dressed up very often and prefer a simple style anyway. I wouldn't wear two different kinds of necklaces at once, for ex. So I guess the place to start is what would you get the most use out of?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with a longer length maybe 20-22inches the shortest, but that is just me

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies Lovingems, seaurchin and ckkrickett. I agree that a longer necklace would look best. I am not sure if I want another tin cup. Maybe I should just buy a stand and wear them separately. I wonder if it is redundant to have a tim cup with Tahitians and a strand too. I am guessing most here would say no. Lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results