shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I crazy? 5mm colour change round sapphire under $200?

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
Hello! I've been lurking around and admiring all the pretty stones in this forum :) Wow, so much goodness and eye candy!

I've started hunting for a 5mm round sapphire to put in a solitaire setting. I really like the purple/blue and blue/green colour change sapphires, but so far I'm having trouble finding small enough and cheap enough options :D

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me find some beautiful options... Or, to tell me I'm crazy! And I need to up my budget. I look forward to hearing your responses. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 5mm round sapphire would average about .6-.7ct sapphire in weight. You could definitely find a highly treated sapphire for that price. You also likely could find a heat only sapphire for that price assuming its not top color. Could you post pics of the colors that are acceptable to you? Your color preferences will determine whether you can find one that is heat only, or whether you'll need to find one with further treatment in order to stay within your budget.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It isn't advertised as a colour changer but given that sapphires are very shifty, perhaps this should be considered? Your selection will be extremely limited unless you increase your budget or relax on the other specifications.

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?714626544
Ask David to pick something eye clean for you.

j2w_ysa1008aa.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would still like to hear back from OP on the color they are seeking as that will inform us as to whether or not it can be done within the budget.

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux said:
I would still like to hear back from OP on the color they are seeking as that will inform us as to whether or not it can be done within the budget.

Hello! Haha you are so right, how could I leave out such an important detail?! I will post some photos today :)

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
The bottom pics are actually tanzanite. While I like the durability of sapphire, I'm flexible and could go for a different type of stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results