shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba in platinum or RG? Engraving or not? (Poll)

Platinum or RG? Engrave or not?

• Platinum, polished

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Platinum, engraved

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 20K RG, polished

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 20K RG, engraved

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the engraving! I would do fully engraved. I am thinking of doing an engraved metal halo also, and think it's a great look.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly had to see it to determine whether the engraving would be too much or go well with the stone's inclusions. Now that I've seen it, without a doubt full engraving. The engraving is beautiful, like lace. It adds an element of refinement and sets off the Paraiba even more. Please, please, please - engraving everywhere! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1429890636|3867167 said:
I love the engraving! I would do fully engraved. I am thinking of doing an engraved metal halo also, and think it's a great look.

Thank you for your vote Pregcurious!

An engraved halo like Rika's will look great with your beautiful Jadeite.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1429894059|3867196 said:
I honestly had to see it to determine whether the engraving would be too much or go well with the stone's inclusions. Now that I've seen it, without a doubt full engraving. The engraving is beautiful, like lace. It adds an element of refinement and sets off the Paraiba even more. Please, please, please - engraving everywhere! :lol:

I love your enthusiasm :D
Thank you for sharing your view Minousbijoux :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429900444|3867245 said:
minousbijoux|1429894059|3867196 said:

I love your enthusiasm :D
Thank you for sharing your view Minousbijoux :wavey:

Thanks for the opportunity! [full disclosure: I will like it no matter what you do]

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Revisiting your beautiful stone! The Paraiba is large and neony I would go full on luxe and engrave 3 sides of the shank.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429882394|3867085 said:
Thank you Sparkliesluver, Missy, TL, Chrono and Lilmosun :wavey:

I really appreciate your remarks! It helps me to sharpen my mind and see different perspectives.

There seems to be quite some consensus to leave it as is! And perhaps I will indeed follow that route 8-)
I love it much much better with the head engraved. But like Chrono I am having difficulties predicting what it would look like either fully engraved or at least the top of the shank. Unfortunately I don't have the photoshop skills.

I will have to sleep on it. I love it as is and I think it could be pretty with additional engraving. But would it be too much?
Thanks again 8-)

It will look more "finished" if you engrave the shank. I think you should do the whole thing because it's got an antique looking head with a modern looking shank.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
T L said:
Acinom|1429882394|3867085 said:
Thank you Sparkliesluver, Missy, TL, Chrono and Lilmosun :wavey:

I really appreciate your remarks! It helps me to sharpen my mind and see different perspectives.

There seems to be quite some consensus to leave it as is! And perhaps I will indeed follow that route 8-)
I love it much much better with the head engraved. But like Chrono I am having difficulties predicting what it would look like either fully engraved or at least the top of the shank. Unfortunately I don't have the photoshop skills.

I will have to sleep on it. I love it as is and I think it could be pretty with additional engraving. But would it be too much?
Thanks again 8-)

It will look more "finished" if you engrave the shank. I think you should do the whole thing because it's got an antique looking head with a modern looking shank.
I agree with TL's comments . Another vote for engraving on the shank! It's looking like it will be another gorgeous piece of jewelry ready to join your amazing collection!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your comments Minousbijoux, Lovinggems, TL and Mochiko :wavey:
Seems like you are more in favour of engraving to keep the balance with the head.

Based on your comments and the others I have come to a conclusion. All the comments proved to be invaluable in making up my mind.
I will ask David to send the ring by the end if May as I will travel first. I will post pics once I have received the ring.

Thanks again for your help! And taking your time to comment and answer my questions. During some projects I have a clear vision of what I want the ring to look like, but as you might have noticed my head was really blurry on this one :lol: Mainly because there were such great options which would all have looked good, but all in a different way.
Thank you! Thank you :wavey:

_29517.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You have great taste Acinom, I am sure whatever you choose it will look beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results