Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1429833339|3866826 said:
These beauties are on their way to me.

Reset my ACC into a solitaire with french cut sides. The design is similar to an antique I found on Lang that was my original choice. I love the halo but it was a bit much for me as an e-ring. So David found a beautiful color London blue topaz to put in my Stephanie halo. Love it too and it will make a really pretty RHR.

Stats - GIA 2.20ct L OMB from Erica at LAD in a platinum setting with 1.10ctw of FCs.

6ct London blue topaz in a platinum halo from LAD originally.

Yay!! You now have the best of both worlds!! Both rings are stunning. The topaz halo ring deserves a thread on it's own as well :love: :love: . I did not know David sources coloured stones.
Great choices.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom he can get just about anything you might want. It just may take some time. My only criteria to him for a stone to fit in the halo was a natural stone with no window and no peachy pink like morganite. Other than that it was up to him. I think this stone has a lot of extinction but it needed to be inexpensive (it was free to me because of the other setting - lol). I just wanted a colored stone in there so I could wear it because it is a beautiful setting. Normally I don't like checkerboard cuts but it works and the color is great! Thank you for your kind comments.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
Walked into DK looking for a cheap temp setting. Walked out with an 18K Tiffany Repro. Fit the stone, fit the finger. Fit the budget. Very happy and has quelled the thirst for a more permanent setting!

DK also added the engraving to my little wedding band which was my mother's. It was plain and unworn for about 20 years and now it has a new life on my finger! My real wedding band is now neglected and begs to be worn...but I've run out of fingers and real estate!

Amy and DK are now my favorite people!

Here she is....Miss Incredibly Hard to Photograph and When She Lets You, She's Still Very Unphotogenic....

Miss 3.55 OEC, GIA L, Vs1

_29717.jpg

_29718.jpg

solitiare1.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jerichosmom|1430325623|3869699 said:
Walked into DK looking for a cheap temp setting. Walked out with an 18K Tiffany Repro. Fit the stone, fit the finger. Fit the budget. Very happy and has quelled the thirst for a more permanent setting!

DK also added the engraving to my little wedding band which was my mother's. It was plain and unworn for about 20 years and now it has a new life on my finger! My real wedding band is now neglected and begs to be worn...but I've run out of fingers and real estate!

Here she is....Miss Incredibly Hard to Photograph and When She Lets You, She's Still Very Unphotogenic....

Amazing ring and set!! What a great choice. I like!!

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Hello again! I'm not a newbie but I usually only come to this website to read all the wonderful threads about gemstones, diamonds, and see who just posted another new project...and to get inspired. Here, I have learned about cvb and later also discovered David Klass.

i have been working with David for a few projects in the last few months and have been extremely satisfied with his work so far. Today, David just finished my long overdue project, my 20th (actually, almost 22!) wedding anniversary ring and will overnight it to me tomorrow unless I want him to make any changes. Here are few pics of the ring.

Platinum and 14k gold basket setting. David also made an antique finish 14k gold and rose cut diamonds band for me per my request. They are not matching set, but I do like the contrast. Think, I might have him to change plat to satin finish instead or should I leave it alone? What do you guys think?

_29765.jpg

_29766.jpg

_29767.jpg

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
Violetphoenix|1430452186|3870404 said:
Hello again! I'm not a newbie but I usually only come to this website to read all the wonderful threads about gemstones, diamonds, and see who just posted another new project...and to get inspired. Here, I have learned about cvb and later also discovered David Klass.

i have been working with David for a few projects in the last few months and have been extremely satisfied with his work so far. Today, David just finished my long overdue project, my 20th (actually, almost 22!) wedding anniversary ring and will overnight it to me tomorrow unless I want him to make any changes. Here are few pics of the ring.

Platinum and 14k gold basket setting. David also made an antique finish 14k gold and rose cut diamonds band for me per my request. They are not matching set, but I do like the contrast. Think, I might have him to change plat to satin finish instead or should I leave it alone? What do you guys think?

Holy moly, that e-ring is LUSCIOUS! Details??! :love:

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
becleeham|1424694036|3836829 said:
A little something sweet that DK made for me. I wear it everyday stacked with another smaller diamond band and it is oh so perfect to wear in the office.
The side profile is just so pretty too:

Can becleeham or someone tell me how big each of these diamonds is? 0.25ct?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, DK is really hitting it out of the park lately.

serenity_1217

Rough_Rock
David Klass just finished my art deco inspired ring and I am so excited to show it to all of you! I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive in the mail, but for now, here are some pictures that he sent me of the finished product :angel:

20150515_073656.jpg

20150515_073700.jpg

20150515_073703.jpg

20150515_073341.jpg

blushbliss

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!! and the ring on top of those roses?! Match made in heaven. Congrats on your new ring :)

galephys

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm new! I'm just so happy with our set - have to share it everywhere! :)
I've heard a lot about David and I decided to give it a try. After 4 long months of designing, tweaking, changing my mind and totally obsessing over it, I have my set. Well, almost.
The main ring. Grape leaves, because wine=us.
aflower3.jpg
aflower5.jpg
3views.jpg

A matching band
diaband24.jpg diaband20.jpg

A sneaky tiny diamond!
20150501_075338.jpg

Men's band
mensband.jpg

Same motif, but simplified, larger scale and "more manly"
20150508_132454.jpg

Men's band is being resized now and polished all the way through, my e-ring is back to add engraving on the bottom of the shank to match the wedding band. There is a tini-tiny engraved globe at the bottom center of my ring, because we travel a lot to see each other, which will be embraced in hand engraving, like diamonds on the band or similar. Can't wait to have it back!
earth1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Violetphoenix|1430452186|3870404 said:

I love the antique finish on the band! What is your center stone?

David did a pendant for me last month. It's unplated 18k wg with engraving on the front, and then on the back is for my Grampa, who cut the opal years ago. He called me Love and I was born on his birthday.

img_7971.jpg

img_7974.jpg

Bling it on

Rough_Rock
ringmaven|1430509497|3870775 said:
becleeham|1424694036|3836829 said:
A little something sweet that DK made for me. I wear it everyday stacked with another smaller diamond band and it is oh so perfect to wear in the office.
The side profile is just so pretty too:

Can becleeham or someone tell me how big each of these diamonds is? 0.25ct?

Hi ringmaven, sorry took so long to reply, I didn't see your question! Yes, the diamonds are 0.25ct each and I wear a size 5.

That may not seem huge but my ring gets noticed all the time cos it's so blindingly sparkly. David really sourced me some nice diamonds and made me such a feminine ring!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Such beautiful rings and settings!

Does anyone want to give me an idea of general price range for his work? And does he have a website?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jerichosmom|1430325623|3869699 said:

This is beautiful, all of it!
I love that you call her Miss IHTP&WSLY,SSVU. I know that's code for an incredibly beautiful OEC that is temperamental and full of character. I would love to see that stone in person and I know you enjoy her every single day!

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if his white gold pieces are rhodium plated by default or if you have to ask for them to be unplated or plated either way?

I heard that he uses a white alloy (with palladium?) so it doesn't necessarily need rhodium plating, is that true?

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
lilsweetie|1432677573|3881450 said:
Does anyone know if his white gold pieces are rhodium plated by default or if you have to ask for them to be unplated or plated either way?

I heard that he uses a white alloy (with palladium?) so it doesn't necessarily need rhodium plating, is that true?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all white gold is an alloy to a degree. White gold is not something that just exists like yellow. It has to be "made". my ring is white gold and it is plated, but I know many people have had rings made by DK that they chose not to have rhodium plated.

serenity_1217

Rough_Rock
Hi lilsweetie, I had my ring made by DK and it is a mixture of white gold and palladium. You are correct about it not needing rhodium plating, and they explained that it can last years without rhodium plating, and would not turn yellowish or change color. Unlike other while gold mixture, it needs rhodium plating because as time passes, it can turn into an almost yellowish color, almost like a very pale yellow. I like DK's mixture because it is very similar to platinum and palladium. You can get it plated or not, whatever your preference may be. The only thing is if you want it to stay shiny, you can have it polished yearly :)

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
^Serenity - did you get yours rhodium plated?

Does anyone have pictures of the unplated 14 or 18k white gold?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilsweetie|1432677573|3881450 said:

Rhodium plating is done at the end of the process, so if you didn't want it plated, you would just ask him not to. He does use , as someone said, a palladium white gold alloy. I dont know if he always does, but certainly will if asked.

But even if it wasn't palladium, you dont have to plate white gold. Packrats is unplated. The pendant a few posts up

serenity_1217

Rough_Rock
Hi lilsweetie, Yes, mine is plated and I love it! Packrats pendant is unplated :)

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I had DK make a bypass ring in 14wg with pave on the shank, it will be a RHR. This is a picture from David.

_30644.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my first experience with DK, but I can tell you now... IT WILL NOT BE MY LAST!! ;))

Here is my Honey Zircon Asscher, cut by PT...
7.48 ct (9.69 x 9.67 x 7.67 mm)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816460.jpg
pt_asscher1.jpg

Shank is in 14K unplated WG and basket/prongs are in 18K RG with bright cut pave. David was a super easy to deal with (as we had many changes, including changing the style altogether!) -- he was very patient and put up with my OCD and picky, yet indecisive tendencies! He's an all around great guy!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816491.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816535.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1434816511.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results