shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold or Rose Gold?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
These new earrings are on special for another day or two at PP. Aren't they cute? Do y'all think yellow gold or rose gold looks better? I keep wanting to get some rose gold because I don't see people wear much yellow gold anymore. But, gold is not cheap and I'm just used to yellow gold. I'd hate to get it and not like it or not think it goes with my yellow gold jewelry. I guess the world won't come tumbling down either way haha, but just wondering what everyone else thinks. I'm thinking of getting them with white pearls. They look so summery!

Do you like rose gold or yellow gold better and do you think yellow gold is kinda out of style, or do you just wear what you like? I don't wear much white gold because I don't think it goes as well with my coloring and my wedding rings etc. are yellow gold. I like my metals to match. That's another thing, do you think rose gold and yellow gold go together?

For some reason I am just stuck on this little decision today!

4845_1_1_.jpg

4845_3__1_.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
You can't go wrong either way but I vote for rose gold! I think it would' be lovely with the pearls especially if they have pink or silver overtones.

I don't think yellow gold is going out of style? Its very classic. I used to prefer white metals but now I like yellow gold just as much!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From those photos I really like the rose.

From what you said I'd get yellow.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm so far out of style I'm back in style again. Ha. I think I'll get the rose gold. :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that online yesterday. Either color is very pretty, but what you have in your wardrobe already ,might influence your decision. I used to have a collection of Rose gold but none of the pieces matched. I'm sure Pearl Paradise matches their Rose gold so you won't have that problem.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps this is the start of a rose gold collection?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you like the way that yellow gold looks on your skin, and you like yellow gold jewelry, I would do yellow gold.

I prefer rose gold because it looks better on my skin tone, and I also like how rose gold bring out the pink undertone and orient in certain pearls. (I prefer RG with pink or blue colored stones or pearls). My skin is pastel colored, and my hands are quite red, and yellow gold does not look great. I think you can mix metals, if it is done tastefully and the metal is not a feature of the piece. In this case, there is a lot of gold in the setting, and the pearl appears to be straight white, so I think yellow gold would look nice.

That said, I am wearing my YG wedding band and eternity ring, with souffle earrings on RG leverbacks. The pieces are not next to each other, and the lever backs are thin, so I don't think it's very noticable that the metals don't match.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1429704138|3865775 said:
I saw that online yesterday. Either color is very pretty, but what you have in your wardrobe already ,might influence your decision. I used to have a collection of Rose gold but none of the pieces matched. I'm sure Pearl Paradise matches their Rose gold so you won't have that problem.
NL raises an important point about RG pieces not matching. There is no standard RG alloy, so some vendors have more pink or more yellow looking RG. Also, 14K RG looks much more pink (in general) than 18K or 22K. It is easier to match pieces made of WG/PLAT, and I think white metals can be work with YG or RG. I only have 1 set of 14K RG jewelry (earring and a necklace) and will keep it at that for RG. I tried to stick with WG/PLAT. My older jewelry is YG, but I did not pick it.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin, White and yellow gold each have their place in a wardrobe, yellow gold is always in style, I love it. I mainly wear white gold currently, but still love my great heavy yellow gold pieces from the 90's that you just can't find today. Yellow is a true luxury look. I mix the two metals at times with bracelets and rings. Yellow is my pick!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gold is supposed to be yellow, and that will never change. Current fashion may vary, but yellow gold will never go away.

I like all metal colors, since I guess they all go fine with my skin tone. When it comes to rose gold, I have been spoiled by my local designer who uses the best alloy for his "red gold" that I have seen. It looks rich and rosy and not at all like a new orange penny.

That said, the color difference between yellow and rose gold is subtile, and I go ahead and mix them. In fact, I got the PP swirl ring in a mix of rose and yellow gold, and I find it delightful.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I vote yellow gold. I like white pearls with yellow gold.

Rose gold disappears against my skin, and I just can't get excited about it. I am aware that it's very popular, though.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can't go wrong with either.

and, yes, rose/red/pink gold is not "standardized" so if you're a matchy type of person it is something to consider.
me? I wouldn't worry about it as I already wear a silver pendant on an 18k red gold chain while wearing 22k and 18k yellow gold rings and silver ones too.

so it all depends on the look you're going for....or in my case, not going for.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
If it ws me, I would go with yellow gold. Rose gold looks terrible on me (I have a lot of pink undertones in my skin). It's a matter of personal preference though. If rose gold looked good on me, I would seriously consider buying them in rose gold. The picture makes them look so pretty!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think rose gold looks beautiful with pearls, just look at Paspaley! They have beautiful pearls with rose gold Settings! BUT! It depends also on your existing collection, I mean what you wear. Although it is also personal preference, but if I wear earrings with rose gold setting, I like to wear also rose gold ring, and watch. But it depends also on your taste!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Based on what you say I am similar with jewelry and style choices -- in my case I usually go with WG, though. I would go with yellow gold if I were you, unless I had very similar white pearl earrings in yellow gold already -- in that case, I would go for rose gold to have more options.

While rose gold is very pretty I think I would not wear it as much otherwise.

Of course this is all personal preference.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the earrings look unique in the rose gold.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Nope, couldn't do it in the end. I got the yellow gold. :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1429838559|3866881 said:
Nope, couldn't do it in the end. I got the yellow gold. :)
:appl:

I'm sort of considering something, and my decision is yellow gold or white gold. :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results