shape
carat
color
clarity

Extra Chunky IDJ halo reset

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
It's not delicate. Center is 1.08 carat I color family diamond. Setting is 0.89 carats, 22 four pointers in halo and shank, F color, SI clarity. Tiny claw prongs. This is one of IDJ's own settings, significantly less expensive than their Gabriel settings. Excellent quality and even better service.

idj_1.jpg
idj_2.jpg
idj_4.jpg
idj_3.jpg
idj_5.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Congratulations! And I love that it's a family Diamond.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, I've got no problems with bigger melee as long as the setting is done well, this one is. Enjoy!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Great new setting for your family diamond. Beautiful ring! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love bigger melee too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! A good reminder to refer people to IDJ for this type of halo!

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! This was a fun project.

Here's a couple more close up photos. Wish I had a photo from inside the IDJ shop, the special jewelry lights make the diamonds look otherworldly.

idj_10.jpg
idj_7.jpg
idj_6.jpg

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
For better or worse this ring reminds me of those IDJ earring jackets that are popular on Pricescope. The 3 pointer or 5 pointer halos, prongs instead of pave.

What I liked best about this ring setting is the diamond quality. Far more dazzling than the one pointer pave I saw in the other settings at IDJ and BE.

Also I just wanted the most finger coverage, the big halo helped do that.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! This is my favourite type of halo. It looks so delicate & petal like :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Great example of bigger melee done well!!

dismom3

Rough_Rock
I love love love it. Can you wear a wedding band next to it without a spacer? I just love it!!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous halo. I think the melee size that you used is perfect. The setting is just beautiful! Thanks for providing close up shots. :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful example of chunky halo! Thanks for sharing!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that is gorgeous. And that is an in house setting with great price? Amazing :love: :love: Thanks for sharing and letting us know coz you know PS'er are always looking for quality setting at great pricing.

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Two more shots now that the sun is out. My sense of the pricing at IDJ: 1) their in house settings much cheaper than the branded settings they carry; 2) price more flexible with settings they have on hand, as opposed to ordering something that comes in 4 to 6 weeks.

I didn't end up bargaining much, aside from paying in cash and getting a discount for that.

No idea about how it will wear next to the wedding band. Spacers to prevent damage (rings rubbing) or for visual space?

Yekutiel also nice enough to plop a CZ into the old family ring setting, have the platinum prongs rebuilt, and to repolish the ring. A lot of work just to be nice.

idj_12.jpg
idj_11.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I've had IDJ halo a couple of my colored stones, and I have been thrilled with the quality of their diamonds. They pick out the melee by hand when they do a cast setting for a PSer. Their diamonds are far and away better than anything offered in a prebuilt setting. I am so addicted to that quality now, I have to have them set all my colored stones. But the prices are good and I can get the tiny prongs that I love so much. I have a sapphire in one of their halos with 10 point melee and you can see little hearts and arrows in the diamonds.

Your ring is gorgeous, and I envy it. =)

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
iLander|1429730191|3865990 said:
I've had IDJ halo a couple of my colored stones, and I have been thrilled with the quality of their diamonds. They pick out the melee by hand when they do a cast setting for a PSer. Their diamonds are far and away better than anything offered in a prebuilt setting. I am so addicted to that quality now, I have to have them set all my colored stones. But the prices are good and I can get the tiny prongs that I love so much. I have a sapphire in one of their halos with 10 point melee and you can see little hearts and arrows in the diamonds.

Your ring is gorgeous, and I envy it. =)

Your Brown/pink Sapphire IDJ halo is another level of custom heaven. Mine is a pre-built, unless it's something left over from a custom order that wasn't completed. Price was right, anyway.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice. I think bigger melee look great.

dismom3

Rough_Rock
I'm in the middle of a project with IDJ now and cannot wait for it to be done. Your ring is so beautiful that now I think I want your same halo. It's so beautiful. I love a chunky flower-like halo. Did I say I love your ring?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. Looks like I'm going to need to contact IDJ as well.

Medical

Rough_Rock
Wow. Just incredible- congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results