shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks missy, it's kinda nice to know someone's thinking of me! =) I made it to my mother's with no problems, I just took my time. I'll be back in a bit!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for letting us know you arrived safely Junebug. :appl:
Have a good visit and safe trip back!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they are so beautiful. Elegant. They look wonderful on you and I'm super into yellow gold so you know I love that too here.

Missy, you DO have a beautiful profile! Great neck and chin too. I went in once to the hairdresser and asked for a certain haircut and he told me my neck was too short for it! I was crushed, I thought I already knew everything that was 'wrong' with me and now there was something ELSE? LOL, he was right of course. So Missy, good profile, great neck and chin, wear necklaces and pendants and showy earrings and know you look FABULOUS :appl:

Weather Report: Low 90s today. Bob did yardwork yesterday and he was pretty hot and sweaty by the time he was done at 4 PM so he hopped in the pool, 74 degrees, he said it was "bracing!" I committed to hopping in next week, I hope he forgets I did that!!

Looking forward to seeing Marty and Marcy tomorrow, hoping Bubbles arrives in time, we can toast Marcy's promo/raise and Bubbles completion/arrival!

Jimmianne, have a great visit and enjoy the coast!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love these earrings. They look perfect on you. I was worried they may not show up well due to the size of the stones. Boy was I wrong! They look gorgeous. You look so beautiful!!! I also love the fact that they are so light. You will wear them often if there is no pain involved. I hear you on getting the backs. You don't want to lose these beauties! We are having the same weather here that you are having. Stay dry and warm.

Junebug, Please be careful if you are going ahead with driving to your moms. How long will you be staying this week?

Jimmianne, Once you teach Izzy how to talk can I send you my baby. I often wish she could talk as she makes the cutest faces and I am always wondering what the heck she is thinking. I'm sure the first words out of Izzy's mouth will be that she loves you Jimmianne! Have fun with your girlfriends the next few days. Don't worry if they are not jewelry fanatics like we are. I will do all the ooooh and ahhhhing over Joy!

Kristie, Get out of that beautiful pool and come talk to us! We miss you.

OV, I'm, thinking of you and hoping you are well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kristie and Callie!

Kristie, you are too nice but thank you for the compliments. I'll take them. :)) And right back at you. Why are we so hard on ourselves sometimes? I know your neck is perfect! And I would be happy to swap my neck for yours if I could have your beautiful complexion. 8-)

Haha bracing water temps of 74. How do you do it? :cheeky:

Perfect weather perfect pool and wishing you a perfect GTG with Marcy tomorrow and hoping Bubbles makes her appearance by then!

Callie, hope you are staying warm and dry too and enjoying your day. I am having a lovely day at home with the kitties and Roombie just went 2 hours without a break. He is so good to me. :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kristie, I have seen pictures of that beautiful neck of yours ....no complaining allowed!!! Or you may wake up one morning and have one that looks like mine.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1429558317|3864983 said:
Hey Kristie, I have seen pictures of that beautiful neck of yours ....no complaining allowed!!! Or you may wake up one morning and have one that looks like mine.

You're referring to the pic of the citrine pendant, Bob wss under strict instructions not to get the neck/chin juncture bwahaha! That microarea he photographed is the only acceptable spot in that vicinity :loopy:

I usually don't care, but seeing it in a pic is kind of unpleasant.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs from the land of heat and sunshine.

Thank you all for the well wishes for my vacation.

Jimmianne, I hope you enjoy your vacation. I though of you this morning setting in my SIL living room with only indirect sunlight I noticed this is good diamond light. I thought you'd be taking advantage and making us a great video.

Junebug, you have an excuse to go shopping for new summer clothes. Sweet. Sorry you had to drive to in the rain today. I hope the trip went smoothly.

Missy, darn it that the cold moved your way. Wow to 98 miles on your bike this weekend. That's quite an accomplishment! Your earrings are beautiful and look terrific on your ear. I love them.

Callie, I wish you and the other NIRDIs were coming to lunch tomorrow. That would be a blast. Oh no to dogs catching the flu. I hope your fur baby stays away from it. Good plan to go back to see the cute thing you found shopping with your niece.

Sarah, glad to hear you are doing good. Glad to hear your therapy and recovery is coming along okay. I know it takes time. I bet your winter has been something. We are getting pounded with snow, Iceland fog again today. Hopefully it evaporates before it gets to you. Luckily I'm in Arizona but I am hearing from people at home it's not so nice. Don't worry about keeping up with everyone hear. I'll read it several times and miss things.

Kristie, it was not outside for sure. Marty and his sister went to the gym and then swimming this morning. I hope Bubbles shows up today.

We are enjoying Arizona. Marty's mom was very shocked to see us pull up in front of their house yesterday. She was very excited. We had happy hour then went out for supper. They finally have a decent place to eat here so we had lunch there again today. The restaurant is at the local golf course but it honestly isn't bad.

Marty and his sister are having a guac off today - making their guacamole dip. We are having tacos for supper. The entire family is very committed to not making plans so I just took it upon myself to say okay let's buy stuff for tacos for supper.

I didn't sleep well. Not my usual sleeping place. Hopefully that gets better as the week goes by.

Marty is off at the golf course. Yay for not being at work.

I guess they had another bad accident on the same highway as last week but the other side of Laramie. A tanker is involved so its on fire and there is at least one fatality. It was icy and foggy again. How awful.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy, it sounds like you have a fun evening planned. Now you have me craving tacos and quacamole! I just yelled to my husband that we are going out for Mexican food this week. I'm so glad you are on vacation and safe. There really have been some awful accidents where you live. The showed a terrible one last week in the news. I could not believe all the semi's that were involved. Have fun with Kristie tomorrow.

Kristie, I know exactly what you mean. There is nothing like looking at a picture to wake you up and see what you have been trying to stay in denial about. Been there many times myself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, glad you are enjoying your trip in Arizona and also glad you are safe. And I too would like some tacos and guacamole please. I love fresh guacamole. :lickout:
I know you will have a great time tomorrow and remember we are joining you guys in spirit tomorrow. Have an extra glass of champagne on us please. :appl:

Kristie and Callie, I hear you and that is why I try avoiding mirrors these days. I find when I look in one I get in a very bad mood. Just ask Greg lol. Unfortunately he has felt my mood change when I look in the mirror. I cannot help it. I get very upset so much so that I do find it quite helpful to not look in the mirror as much as possible these days. :blackeye:

Kristie, I just noticed you changed your avatar. How long ago did you change it? Love it. :appl:

Junebug, hope you are home now and had a good day with your mom. The rain was heaviest here in the morning with an afternoon lull and I believe there may be some more strong rains and winds this evening. Jimmianne, there's your evening weather report from the NIRDIs. Hope you are enjoying your vacation too!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I would die for a neck & profile like yours, you are beautiful, you lucky gal! & those earrings look absolutely perfect on you, love them!! I just came from SMTB & saw Mayk's dangles too...hmmmmm. Perfect for summer! :love: :love:

What fun Marcy & Kristie get to visit, I've never met a PS'r offline--hope you guys have fun together exploring & the weather is nice. We have had a crazy winter, & now a crazy spring. Made chili, it was a chili kind of day. We get NM Hatch chili shipped, (both green & red) then roast it all here & freeze, to use during the year. We like it on eggs, burgers, chili & tacos, salsa etc.

Callie, I have read about the dog flu out there, I hope it doesn't affect your babies!! Yikes I'd be careful too--we'd better check with our groomer before our grooming appointments come up!

Have fun everyone & be safe!!
sarahb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sarah, how are you doing? Still with PT or continuing exercises on your own? We have had a challenging winter that is true. Spring started out poorly as well and hoping for a good rest of spring and a good summer! Right now the rain is continuing for the morning and I believe the prediction is for 50's this weekend. Pretty brisk but I guess I'll take it and hopefully it won't rain this weekend.

Do you have any vacation plans? With Marcy and Jimmianne away it has me thinking of vacation even though I was not working for 8 months lol.

Marcy and Kristie, have a marvelous time today and we are thinking of you and wish we were joining you. Have fun! And Kristie I am hoping Bubbles makes her appearance today. :pray:

Callie, I emailed my sister and will see what she says re my kitties and the flu vaccination. Thank you for the heads up. I am hoping your sweet baby stays healthy and safe. Hugs to her and you of course. I am with you. They are our children and too bad if some people don't "get" that.

Good morning Junebug, hope you had a lovely visit with your mom. Any bling updates?

Jimmianne, hope you are having lots of fun and getting some good pics to share with us too. We NIRDIs love the birdies. :cheeky: Well at least this one does. Especially Puff baby!

Ovi, hope you are doing well and staying strong. Remember this ordeal will soon be over and you will get your life back. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I am procrastinating and getting my energy up to workout I decided to take a few more pics of my earrings. Still raining here so inside pics for now. I wish I could take better pics and you would think after all these years on PS I would have improved but no such luck. Anyway here's the results of my procrastinating. I am now going to begin my workout. I hope you enjoy the new pics. Francesca managed to be in a few of them. She really needs an anti dandruff shampoo lol. :wavey:

danglesonfrankie.jpg

danglesonfrankie.jpeg

oeccushiondanglesonfrankie.jpg

prettycolorsfromoeccushiondangles.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one last attempt at getting an earshot. I am including this because I think it shows a good sense of proportion and these have a big impact for the carat weight IMO. I very much like the way they show up and have the perfect presence if you kwim. Not too big and not too small. And the chunky facets on both the OECs and cushions show up well IRL. I love chunky facets and these do not disappoint.

Thanks for letting me share these here.

img_7698.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

Missy, love the earrings, they look beautiful on you! If I was going to get a pair of diamond earrings, these are exactly what I would want. Not too big, not too little. Good for both casual and dressy outfits. You seem like you're enjoying them! Oh, and I agree that you have a beautiful profile!

I'm still at my mother's, I stay over on Monday and Thursday nights. I'll be heading home later this afternoon. Glad to see the sun today!

I'm still hemming and hawing on my next bling purchase…If I'm being honest, sometimes I'm uncomfortable with the thought of spending so much money. I just can't seem to wrap my head around how expensive these sparklies are. Then there are other times I say the heck with it, I'm doing it! lol. I was very close to buying a green zircon that had been recommended on the CS forum, it was really pretty…but someone else bought it already. There are 2 yellow diamond rings on DBL that have caught my eye, one is a diamond cut to antique proportions, and the other is more modern looking. I just seem to be attracted to blingy halos!

Marcy, tacos and guacamole sounds delicious! I hope you slept a little better last night - I know exactly what you mean, I have a really hard time sleeping in a different place too, I think it's one reason I'm not really into traveling. Hope you're having a relaxing vacation so far, how fun you're getting together with Kristie!

Jimmianne, I live in New Jersey, born and raised here lol. I've lived here my whole life, except for a few years in Kansas. Hope you're having a good time on your mini-vacation!

Hi Sarah! So good to hear from you! :appl: Please don't worry about keeping up, this thread moves fast and I have trouble keeping up too. Sounds like your recovery is going well, glad to hear things are going smoothly for you!

Kristie, I hear you on the picture thing…mirrors and cameras are not my friends these days. I've accepted I'm looking older but I don't need to be reminded with a visual!

Ovi, thinking of you and hope you are doing ok!

2427_thumbnail_image.jpg

3006_thumbnail_image.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, The antique cushion by DBL is gorgeous!!! I go thru the same thing you are currently going thru when ever I make a big purchase. I'm sure that is the reason I haven't been looking for anything new. We spent so much on jewelry the past few years that I really need to take a break. When I added the purchases up I about had a heart attack. I need to enjoy what I have for a while without thinking about the next thing. I used to have no problem with that but Pricescope has kind of changed it for me. Two large diamonds in three years should be more than enough to make me happy. It also doesn't help that we have had so much landscaping to replace so I will be spending money there too.

Sarah, Please speak with your vet about getting your dogs the flu vaccine. If I'm not mistaken Michigan has reported cases of this flu recently. Over 1,000 dogs have been affected in Chicago and this strain of the flu is terrible. Many of the dogs have had to be hospitalized. My dog is quite small so I also have that to worry about. The poor thing has not gone to daycare or the groomers for the past two months. When I spoke to the vet yesterday she told me to continue not taking her anywhere. We have an out of state wedding to attend in a few weeks and I am considering sending my husband alone or both of us may skip the wedding. My dog is close to being due for her vaccines. The vet advised making the appointment and when I arrive call from the car and have them let me know when the doctor is in the room, then come into the building and avoid the waiting room entirely. I was told to keep my dog wrapped in a blanket and put the blanket on the examination table. My vet disinfects everything after every animal is seen and wears protective clothing that is changed after every animal and she still recommends I do the above things. She explained that part of the problem is a dog can be extremely contagious and not show any symptoms for a few days. You dog can catch the virus just by being held by someone who has held a sick dog. The virus can live on clothes for 24 hours and on hard surfaces for 48 hours. I'm sorry to sound like a public service announcement but this is in the news everyday here in Chicago. This flu has also very recently started showing up in cats. Also the U.S. had never had this strain of flu before it showed up in Chicago.

Missy, I'm glad you called your sister regarding your babies. It just never hurts to be safe where our babies are concerned and you know how much I love yours! I really didn't mean to scare you. My vet is the calmest person out there and when she was explaining how serious this flu is I really took notice. Your new earrings are beautiful. I'm so happy you decided to go with them. They are perfect for every outfit. It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. I spent all night helping my niece find a dress to wear for a wedding last night. We ordered five dresses. I sure hope one of them is a winner. She purchased one last week when she had been out shopping by herself and called last night saying she had decided she hates it. So we went thru all her favorite sights hoping to find one she will be happy with. She was very sad that she still has baby weight that has been difficult to lose.

Jimmianne, I so hope you are having a good time! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Marcy and Kristie, Please think of us as you are eating your cake and drinking your champagne! Kristie, Has Bubbles arrived?

OV, I hope everything is still going well. I miss you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I love the antique cushion from DBL much better than the modern one.

I totally understand hesitating with this purchase. It is a large purchase and when you decide you might not get another bling purchase for a while so I hear you. Plus any big money we spend on bling these days we have to think is it taking away from our retirement etc so for all those reasons I get it and my advice is don't feel pressured.

If you don't fall in love with a ring take your time till you do. This is not an urgent purchase and you can take your sweet time. :halo: I have been checking all the usual suspects each day for you just in case something comes along I think you would love. 66 mint, oak gem, park place, sflamaven etc. It's a labor of love for me and I gladly sacrifice my time searching for you. :cheeky:

Callie, thank you so much for all your help and info regarding the animal flu. I never even knew it existed. I have to start watching the news again or reading a paper. I am on a self imposed news blackout save for the meteorology reports. There just is never anything good in the news anymore. Hope you are enjoying some nice weather today. Junebug and I are having good weather here after a rainy and foggy morning.

Kristie and Marcy are having lunch right now! I am excited for their meeting and it almost feels like we are part of it in a way. Hope you are having a blast! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are just leaving Kristie and Bob's house now. They are wonderful people. We had a great time. Thank you Kristie and Bob for a great afternoon.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, thank YOU, Marcy and Marty! You guys are fun AND you bring the most scrumptious Cookies of Death as a hostess gift! Please come back again and again!!

We had a great visit with M&M!

Marcy's diamond is GORGEOUS IRL, its whitewhitewhite, but at the same time fiery and loaded with color. TDF. Beautiful cut. Excellent finger coverage, great size/weight. The band has gypsy set round diamonds all around the band, so my pear ring with the gypsy set diamonds and Marcy's ring are gypsy sisters, LOL.

I also got to see the new sapphire ring, which is amazing. Love the color and cut of the sapphire, really really pretty. It looks great on Marcy.

We had lunch, we ordered a bottle FREAKSHOW Cabernet and it was really good! I don't like really heavy cabs, this one is light, and the label is a freakshow, that's for sure. If you have a good wine store, ask for Freakshow!

Then we repaired to my place and we had mimosas and some more cabernet and kahlua cake and Marcy's Cookies of Death. It was a tasty visit :lol:

I wish you all were here, we had a really good time! Callie, the Hagen Daz is awaiting you, I have your favorite flavor in HD---Java Chip! Yes, I found it in a store!!!

img_20150421_161133_hdr.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Callie, tacos are one of my favorite dinners. Easy prep, leftovers for lunch and you can make them as healthy or unhealthy was your little heart desires. I think it's best not to tally up the $$ spent of jewelry. I'd scream like a little girl.

Missy, the waiter at the restaurant today was stunned I haven't tried guacamole. I figured he'd bring me a plate of it. I did have an extra mimosa for you this afternoon. Kristie and I had a nice visit. The rainy season is certainly upon us. Your drawings are really pretty. They look like the perfect size for you too. I think you will enjoy wearing them.

Sarah, I love homemade soup or chili on cold days. It makes the house smell good too. My nephew and BIL grow all sorts of chilies and peppers. Marty dries them out, grinds them up then freezes them. He loves spicy food too.

Junebug, the 2 yellow diamonds are both very pretty. I like the style of the first one better because it seems softer but like the color of the yellow diamond better in the second one. So again I am no help because I like all jewelry. Marty loves to travel but I'm like you I am not much in to traveling. Marty gets me to go places and I have a nice time when I get there but I guess I don't set around going ooh where can we go next?

We did some shopping today. I got a new baby blue Fossil purse. Marty got some new flip flops and a charge cord for his iPad.

Then we met Kristie and Bob for lunch and went to their house for cake and more visiting. It was really fun! BTW Kristie's chocolate chip Kahala cake is quite delicious. Kristie also got me a great present some rabbit socks. All the killer rabbits will be jealous.

Kristie and I had a fabulous time looking at each other's rings. Kirstie's pear diamond and diamond band are amazing. Krsities new multi sapphire band is gorgeous and I got to see her pretty tourmaline stackable rings and her pretty journey pendant. I tried on Kristie's opal pinkie ring, it is so cool. What a fun day. Sadly Bubbles didn't show up in time for me to see it. Finn and Msggie thought we were okay and they made a new buddy with Marty.

Thank you Kristie!

On the way back to my SIL's I told Marty I am not eating supper because I am too full then we get here and they fixed a pan of frozen lasagna, salad and bread. I ate some of it and I am stuffed. Must go find Alka Seltzer.

Everyone is setting outside but I am hanging out in the AC inside.

Have a great evening. Sorry for the typos. I am all thumbs on my iPad. Then there is auto correct. Stupid piece of shut. :lol:
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs and happy 45th Earth Day!

Marcy and Kristie, I'm so glad you and the boys had a wonderful time together yesterday!

Marcy, your Cookies of Death sound awesome. :lickout:

Did the waiter bring guacamole for you? Don't despair if he did not. Greg makes the most delicious fresh guacamole so he will make some for you. In fact after you taste his guacamole you won't want any other. :lol:

Your new baby blue purse sounds lovely. I have been wanting a blue purse so now you have me thinking about that again.

I share your traveling sentiment. I usually prefer not traveling especially these days with all the prep I would have to do. Lotions/meds to take with me and all the dietary restrictions. But I also agree once we get there we have a lot of fun. I am glad you are enjoying your Arizona trip and spending time with family. Oh and lasagna sounds pretty good too. :bigsmile:

I'm with you. I love A/C when it is hot outside so I would be hanging out inside with you tonight in the Arizona heat Marcy. Ahhh A/C. One of the best inventions ever.

Don't worry too much about typos and autocorrect. They sure are annoying though I agree. LOL Stupid piece of shut bwahahaha. :lol:

Kristie, your Kahlua cake sounds yummy! Those are calories I wouldn't mind having. That and the Cookies of Death. Oh my! :lickout:

Love the name of that Cabernet. Freakshow haha. Definitely am going to look for that one to serve guests. Greg drinks wine occasionally too so will be on the lookout. Thanks for the rec.

And thank you for the picture. A palatable pic for sure. Now you have me hungry and that is usually Marcy's domain hehe. No pic of your cake though? 8)

I am sorry Bubbles has not yet shown up but I have a good feeling Bubbles will make her appearance very soon. :appl:

How did Finn and Maggie like all the excitement today? My kitties would have been in hiding for sure but I have a feeling your furbabies loved the extra attention. Hugs to Finn and Maggie!

Good morning to Callie, Jimmianne, Junebug, Sharon, Sarah and Orsi and anyone else reading this. Have a great Earth Day!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the empty plate and cake knife in the foreground, LOL, that what's left of the cake. I forced cake to take with them on M&M, kept two pieces for Bob and me for breakfast (I love cake for breakfast) but sent the rest with them, since they are on vacay and need things to nosh on around the house!! Marcy's cookies were fantastic, each one was uniformly perfect in size and height (that is hard to do). I had them for breakfast this morning with a big glass of milk.

Finn and Maggie loved M&M. Maggie is standoffish in the beginning but according to Bob she decided Marty was a real good guy and went to him for some pats and ear scratches. Finn is very social, he LOVES company, and he thought Marcy required his trademarked pump (he sits on his hind legs, pumps his front paws back and forth and makes eye contact, looking very cute. Finn is my dog who has an excellent vocabulary and when company comes he barks a lot for the first 10 minutes or so, he's trying hard to get someone to pet him and chat him up and just kind of acknowledge him. M&M were really sweet about that, they gave Finn a lot of attention and love.

Bubbles left SD yesterday and is due here tomorrow, I cannot wait!

Seeing Marcy's diamond yesterday, that made me re-think my thought that I don't need an E-F-G range diamond. That diamond in her ring, it's special and it has diamond charisma, you can't take your eyes off it btw the color/fire/scintillation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, thank you for sharing your lovely visit with M&M. Oh they are so lucky they got to play with Finn and Maggie!

Tomorrow is almost here and that means so is darling Bubbles!!! WooHoo Kristie. A much anticipated long awaited reunion. Cannot wait. :appl:

Your description of Marcy's diamond has me wanting a diamond just like hers too now. Where oh where is that money tree we so desperately need. :cheeky: :devil:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Missy, I enjoyed a death cookie a little while ago. Next winter when it's cold everywhere I'll have to make a batch to send you ladies. I think if they get mailed when it's cold they'd still be good when they arrive. I did it get any guacamole. I did have a few chips and salsa earlier today. I haven't set up my new purse yet but should do that. Blue is my favorite color. Agreed that AC is a great invention. I'd rate it up there with attached garages. Kristie's Kahula cake is delicious. My SIL and I spilt a piece after lunch today. If you find a starter plant for a money tree send us all the link.

Kristie, I am glad you enjoyed some cookies for breakfast. I can't wait to see Bubbles tomorrow. Inset you are excited. Thank you for the kind words about my diamond. Your pear diamond is gorgeous. I notice my SIL living room has great diamond light. In the morning it's indirect sunlight and the scintillation is great. Now I've got sunlight on it and the fire is getting my attention. I'm bad. Ooh sparkly.

I got up and tried to do laundry while Marty and my SIL were at the gym and swimming but my SIL broke the lock on her washer and I couldn't remember the trick to get it to work. I got my batch of laundry done after she got home. I loaded the dishwasher then emptied it when it was done. I am trying to be a good house guest. I finished my book and now we are waiting for Marty and his Mom to finish playing golf then we'll have supper at my in-laws.

This is so much more relaxing than work.

Take care.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy: Bob just ate 4 of your cookies, one right after the other, at lunch today :shock:

He never eats 4 of mine like that!!!!!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm so happy you are enjoying your vacation. It sounds like the four of you had a wonderful time yesterday. Kristie's cake sounded delicious! I know Kristie was really looking forward to your visit. I'm so glad you were able to spend the afternoon together. Missy and I were pretty jealous that we were not there with you! Your new purse spunds beautiful! How are you enjoying the warm weather. My husband saw snow flurries on his way to work this morning. Even the furbaby didn't want to go outside today.

Missy, How was your day at work today? Has any mention been made about you getting your patients back? I was hoping the adminstrator would have stepped in fixed things but I also know that may end up taking some time. Do you have any plans for biking this weekend? It has been so cold here the past few days. There are frost warnings for tonight with temperatures expect to be around 30.

Junebug, So what have you been thinking in regards to your diamond ring? If you aren't absolutely sure just take your time. There have been times I waited and the pay off was always good. Eventually something always jumps out at you that you can't pass up if you take your time. At least it has always worked that way for me.

Kristie, What have you been up to this afternoon? Anything exciting?

Jimmianne, I hope you are having a great time on your trip and the weather has been cooperating. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Today is Bubbles day!!! We cannot wait for you to get your darling Bubbles back in her new and lovely setting Kristie! Woohoo!!!

Callie, it has turned cold and windy here today and for the next few days. My fingers are crossed for a milder and less windy weekend so we can go cycling. :pray:

Work was slow and today's schedule doesn't look better. I am just biding my time and hoping things will improve. I really have no clue what to expect at this point and I have already done what I can. I had a patient tell me yesterday they told him (at his residence) I wasn't returning to work. Sigh. I love the way misinformation gets around. Many of my patients also thought I was in a car accident. ::)

How was your day yesterday? Any plans for today?

Marcy, I won't lie. I am looking forward to those death cookies one day lol. They sound as if they are worth every calorie! And how nice of you to share Kristie's delicious Kahlua cake with your SIL. And doing your own laundry and emptying and filling the dishwasher...You sound like the perfect house guest! Glad you are enjoying vacation and yes it is way better than work. :appl:

And if I get that money tree you can bet all the NIRDIs will be receiving plantings of it. :appl:

Jimmianne, cannot wait to hear how your time away went. Hope you had a great vacation and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Junebug, hey there. Hope you are having a good week!

And Orsi, thinking of you as always and sending good thoughts your way.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!
The bird sanctuary was fabulous. Simply enchanting. If I tried to explain, my post would go on for pages. I could have stayed for a week.
The birds are free in large natural areas with netting over them that you can walk around in.
The town itself is in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing - no cell phone service, just one motel, and only one good place to eat.
The first night I was the only person in the motel with no phone service. I was very happy to see my friends when they arrived the next day : )

The friend who suggested this trip also suggested our last trip - a 1950's boarding house on Pawley's Island, SC. Again, fabulous. No electronics permitted, you can go barefoot to dinner, no pool, no AC, NO LOCKS ON THE DOORS [and you have to sleep with your door open to get the breeze, and one shower per floor]. Just three wonderful meals a day, a library, the beach and the sea breeze. It's expensive and you have to book far ahead to get in - which makes me smile because the lack of amenities would suggest otherwise.

These trips are so calming.

So, a few photos and then I'll see what I've missed. Something about cookies of death and Greg's guacamole...and Bubbles! p1140524.jpg p1140574.jpg p1140498.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thanks for your thoughts on the rings! I like both but the antique cut stone is probably a bit more "me". It is being sold at a premium because it's DBL's branded cut. It looks big in the pic but it measures 6 mm so I'm afraid that I'd run into the same issue as with the Tiffany ring, not enough finger coverage. The diamond in the second ring is a bit larger, and the melee a little bigger so probably a slightly bigger look on the hand. Also, the melee in the first ring are single cuts, and I'm not familiar with how they look. I'm definitely taking my time deciding!

Calliecake, thanks for your input too…I think I'm leaning towards purchasing a few things instead of sinking the whole budget into one piece. I know I'm using bling as a distraction from other things in my life - but yes, there always seems to be something else to put the money towards. ;(

Jimmianne, your pics are beautiful, such amazing creatures! Your retreat sounds like it was very relaxing and fun, the perfect getaway for a few days, maybe next time you can stay even longer! Glad you had such a good time.

Marcy, very happy to hear you're enjoying your vacation, and getting a chance to just kick back and relax. How great you were able to meet up with Kristie and Bob, sounds like a lot of fun and your cookies look divine!

Like you, I love anything and everything that sparkles, therefore making it impossible for me to decide! :wacko: Thanks for your input on the rings - I went back and checked and both stones are W-X, which surprised me because the color of the second diamond does look more intense.

Kristie, I'm so jealous Marcy and Marty got to meet Maggie and Finn! They are just so adorable. I have a tremendous craving for your Kahlua cake, yum. You guys know how to do things right! :dance:

I hope Bubbles shows up very soon!

Sarah and Ovi, hope you ladies are doing well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429750466|3866159 said:
Hi Marcy: Bob just ate 4 of your cookies, one right after the other, at lunch today :shock:

He never eats 4 of mine like that!!!!!!!

LOL. That reminds me of those coffee commercials. Glad he is enjoying them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results