shape
carat
color
clarity

Swala Gem Traders?

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to get in touch with someone at Swala for additional photos of a stone on their site, but so far no joy. I've tried the contact form on their website and the email address on their FB page. I've read the stuff here about returns costing $100 (which seems reasonable given the circumstances), but obviously I'd like to be as certain as possible, before I buy, that this gem fits my criteria. I think it probably does, but hard to tell from one photo and zero questions answered! Plus I don't actually see a return policy on the website, so for all I know, the $100 fee is outdated and returns are no longer possible. It's been a week since my first attempt via the website, and I emailed on Friday. Anyone know if they're out of town or something, or have other thoughts/suggestions? TIA.

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The Arusha Gem Fair starts tomorrow. So they will be busy, and probably have been for a few days at least - as they line up their goods. This is in addition to setting up lights and tables, banners, etc. I would suggest allowing another week or so.

Hope you find this helpful.

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Very helpful, thank you! Nice to be able to get the inside scoop. :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

DecoDaze, here's Eric's email as well: [email protected]. I had a lot of questions for him (re: one of his stones) and he was very thorough in his response and took several more pictures for me. He also explained the return policy. I'm sure once he has a minute he'll respond. :)

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, SparkliesLuver--I know I've read on PS about how responsive Eric is, so I figured there must be something going on. I'll give him a few more days to finish and recover from the gem fair and then try his email. :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Sure thing! Sounds like a good plan. :)

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
So, it's a week later, and I still haven't heard back from Swala. I did try Eric's email on Monday. It's been over two weeks since my initial contact. Is this weird? Even if they haven't had time to take the extra photos that I requested--which I would understand--I would have expected a response saying so. I'm bummed, because the gem I'm interested in looks like it might be just what I'd like, but I'm certainly not comfortable sending thousands of dollars overseas when the company is unresponsive. :-o

But it also doesn't make any sense, given what I've read on PS about how helpful they are! :confused: ...So maybe I'm just being impatient? Reality check, please? :twirl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any idea how long the Arusha gem fair lasts? If it started on the 21st, could it be possible that they are still busy with the tail end of tasks for it? Yes, honestly, I would be annoyed and doubting them at this point. :nono:

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
The Arusha gem show was from the 21st to the 23rd, according to the website. So it was over last Thursday. I don't know what's involved, of course, so it's definitely possible they're still wrapping up, but it's been a week since it ended! (It's Wednesday evening there now.) :o

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if Eric has a family but in the UK the kids have just been on a school break and lots of parents have gone away for a break so that could be it.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm sorry, DecoDaze. :(sad I know when I first emailed Eric it did take him several days to get back to me. He apologized but said he was doing a lot of traveling and didn't always have internet access.

I kept looking in the meantime, but it was nice when he finally returned my email. I'd do the same, if I were you.

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, all. It would be lovely if Eric was on holiday with his family in a place where there's no internet. Sounds like heaven. :bigsmile:

Sound advice, SparkliesLuver. I'll just leave it for now and he'll get back to me when he gets back to me. I don't want to be pushy, it's just that the one photo of the stone on his site is fantastic, and I've never been great at waiting. :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results