shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy pink tourmaline from Rogerio Graca set as a RHR

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I just picked up my new light pink tourmaline solitaire. The stone is 9.1 mm and was cut by Rogerio Graca of Pristine Gemstones on Etsy. I wanted to play up the peachy tones of the stone, and lessen the bubblegum pink effect, so I had it set in yellow gold. Just for fun, I had my jeweller make double claw prongs, which he calls Cartier prongs. While the prongs are quite pretty, I have noticed already that they catch all manner of lint, etc. I am quite happy with how it turned out though. Here are some pics:

_29129.jpg

_29130.jpg

_29131.jpg

_29132.jpg

austinj

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! I also really love the peach pink tourmalines. Very very beautiful! Looks smashing with the yellow gold!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I like that it's substantial and I love the double prongs! How does the stone compare in person to the vendor pics?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's modern, clean and elegant!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Austin Preg, Ricezo and Lovinggems. The stone is a real shifter depending on the lighting. Here are a few more pics>

tourmalinering1.jpg

tourmalinering2.jpg

tourmalinering3.jpg

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
ricezo|1429186337|3862807 said:
Beautiful ring! I like that it's substantial and I love the double prongs! How does the stone compare in person to the vendor pics?

I think the stone is fairly similar to vendor pics, although the vendor picks make it seem less peachy. I think I have the vendor pic somewhere. I will look for it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring!!! Such an elegant and delicate color. The setting complements the stone really well :love:
Enjoy wearing your new beauty. You have an amazing stone and ring collection.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom! That's quite a compliment coming from the woman whose collection I admire the most!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Ricezo, I still can't figure out how to link it, but I did post the vendor pic in the Gem Wishes for the New Year Thread.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1429200233|3862949 said:
Thanks Acinom! That's quite a compliment coming from the woman whose collection I admire the most!

Aww, thank you!! :wavey:

Here are the pics you posted in the Gem Wishes thread. The first is your vendor photo.

_29141.jpg

_29142.jpg

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom. It really is time I learned how to link my own posts!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE thas and how you set it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done...really lovely!

cheers--Sharon

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, I obsess over how I'm going to set something, when simple settings show stones off so beautifully! I need to take a page out of your book, that's super pretty!

S

SparkliesLuver

Gorgeous! :love: It's classic and stunning. It does like to shift colors, doesn't it? How fun! It's like two rings in one. ;-)

Very well done, SS.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! It is beautiful on you and has many gorgeous personalities. :love:
The setting is perfect for it. :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very yummy! :lickout:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Your ring and pink roses, with light filtering through your window, my favourite photo!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stone & YG is perfect!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of your tourmaline. And the double prongs are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing/inspiring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring! :love: Such a pretty stone, I really love the color. Great setting too!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ilovegems, Sharon, NKOTB, Sparkliesluver, Missy, Arcadian, Lovinggems, woofmama, derbygal, DK and Junebug. I appreciate the time you all took to comment on my stone.

NKOTB, like you I often obsess about setting, but as this stone wasn't really that expensive and I just wanted to see it on my finger, I let my jeweller take the upper hand in the design - and he nailed it!

I am enjoying the ring. I wore it three times last week and received compliments each time. I think I am going to lose it soon though as my daughter has fallen in love with it. She's only 9, so I said she can just wear it around the house on special occasions for now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results