shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone first then setting? Where to find setting?

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
I am currently shopping both diamonds and sapphires as possibilities for an upcoming engagement ring purchase. I find it more difficult to locate an acceptable setting than a stone. I scoured the web and found a couple of the larger retailers that have settings I like, however I was not impressed with there selection and quality of stones. They do not offer the setting without the purchase of the center stone.

Anyone recommend a site or retailer that offers a large selection of bands at good prices?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you trying to figure out what you like or trying to actually find the setting you already like?

If you know what you want, show us a pic we may know a vendor who sells the setting or can just make it for you (going custom)

If you don't know what you want yet, I'd go look at Pinterest

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
I like this particular engagement ring and wedding band, but I'm not stuck on it. I haven't checked around locally but I highly suspect any local jeweler would charge significantly more than the typical online retailer. Also, I'm not in the market to purchase today. I'm wanting to find what options I would have if I did buy a loose stone. I been watching the inventory of 2 separate gemstone dealers but I don't have any go-to places to send the stone to fit in a band when I am ready.

_591.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you like about it? The vintage feel? Do you like that its a plain shank halo ? The engraving? All of it?

Just off the bat, that ring makes me think of the brand Beverly k

Or there are a few designers who could just make that for you, such as David klass, or a few others if you have a higher budget.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass would be the most cost competitive for the quality he produces.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It reminds me a bit of Adzia's work on etsy - just search Adzia via etsy and you should find it. I think they're on the recommended vendors list; I really like their work.

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
Niel|1429494449|3864670 said:
What do you like about it? The vintage feel? Do you like that its a plain shank halo ? The engraving? All of it?

Just off the bat, that ring makes me think of the brand Beverly k

Or there are a few designers who could just make that for you, such as David klass, or a few others if you have a higher budget.

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I could not be any happier with the experience I had with David Klass.

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1429539471|3864830 said:
David Klass would be the most cost competitive for the quality he produces.

The ring i received from David Klass could not be more gorgeous. I love the process of working with him on the custom design and receiving the 3D renderings. The images from the photo shoot are just icing on the cake. Two big thumbs up to David Klass.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could we see the photos of the ring you got in the end? I'm very intrigued!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results