shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Alexandrite

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ecorap|1429430096|3864362 said:
thanks again and I will eventually post the final piece -but you will have to wait several months for that.

I'll look forward to it.

And +1 to MB's post above mine.

Ecorap

Rough_Rock
The stone definitely isn't as red in the film. The green is pretty close though and you do get a nice red in incandescent. I had a discount on the list price initially and we were able to negotiate further once I had it in hand. Although to be fair to the seller I think he would have also been more than happy to give my money back if I returned the stone. For these rare stones it really is just a case of what you are willing to pay but I think I ended up getting a bargain given its weight and 100% colour change :)

I really would have no problem buying from this seller again, and look forward to showing you all the final piece in a few months.

best
R

Ecorap

Rough_Rock
The stone definitely isn't as red in the film. The green is pretty close though and you do get a nice red in incandescent. I had a discount on the list price initially and we were able to negotiate further once I had it in hand. Although to be fair to the seller I think he would have also been more than happy to give my money back if I returned the stone. For these rare stones it really is just a case of what you are willing to pay but I think I ended up getting a bargain given its weight and 100% colour change :)

I really would have no problem buying from this seller again, and look forward to showing you all the final piece in a few months.

best
R

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ecorap|1429535206|3864786 said:

best
R

It is good to hear that this vendor was flexible on their price after you had the stone in your hands, and that you felt you could return the stone without hassle. That is not the case with many vendors.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much for coming back to post your experience and review of the alexandrite. Glad it meets your expectations and needs.

Ecorap

Rough_Rock
Hi, Not sure if you are still following this but a promise is a promise. Sorry it took so long, still havent given it to my wife yet. The attached is a taste of part what it will look like.

best
Richard selini030715178785-red__2_.jpg

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From March 2015
Ecorap|1425537683|3842127 said:
Thank you to everyone! apologies if I don't reply personally to you all but I am hugely grateful for your advice. The stone is actually going to be set in an object d'art that I am having made. It will have at least 6ct of diamonds and 12ct of rubies along with tsavorite, all set in rose and yellow gold. I can't tell you the design but the alex will be a central stone within it and I really want an alex in their as its for my wife to celebrate my sons first birthday, he was born in June and his middle name is Alexander - so it tells a really nice story and I am sucker for a good story.
I'd say this pendant tells more than a nice story, Richard. It bespeaks of an incredibly thoughtful and generous husband, a man of sensitivity and with a great sense of artistic design. I predict it will bring tears to your wife's eyes, if she doesn't first faint away upon seeing :love: it.

I missed seeing your posts earlier in the year. Thank you for returning to share this very special treasure you created!

Ecorap

Rough_Rock
Thanks, such kind words. Yes the fully story of the significance of this will come out around December along with the final photo's of the finished piece so stay tuned.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it when jewelry is not only very pretty but a token of love and a thoughtful gift at the same time. It will be a stunning pendant.

Ecorap

Rough_Rock
So I finally gave her it, on the morning of our son's christening as the alexandrite is his birth stone.

It is actually an object d'art and I have been working on it with my jeweller since January last year in recognition of my wife's work with a charity promoting the disease EB. She actually made a film about it that is premièring today in the US. If you are interested the trailer can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDN6LtgFBCY and the piece I made for her was a daisy to commemorate her film and devotion to this cause.

the Daisy has already been featured in a few magazines where you will find way better pictures than this rushed shot. have a look here if you are interested in seeing the professional photos http://issuu.com/curatedbriefing/docs/a1-3 .

I do hope you like what we have created. I have to say the Alex is far more beautiful in real life,the green is true emerald colour.

thanks again for all your help and advice.

final_daisy.jpg

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous and amazingly thoughtful gift!!! :love: I bet your wife was blown away!!! I took a quick look at the link you posted, and I think it is so cool that it also converts into a neckless and a brooch. I hope you both love it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely a gorgeous work of art. It is elegant, refined and intricate. I hope she adores it - amazing thought behind it as well.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love the piece: pendant, brooch and object d'art and enjoyed seeing the trailer and knowing some of the storylines behind this stunning daisy. Now it makes sense why you welcomed some imperfections and organic quality to the alex. I hope the US premiere was a smashing success today.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...that is truly spectacular :love:

Sounds like your wife is a very special lady...and thanks for calling attention to the film and the cause.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on both the film's premier and the lovely new piece. :appl:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Amazing!! What a beautiful, special piece. I know she must have been thrilled when you gave it to her. And also, of course, congratulations on the film!

Ecorap

Rough_Rock
Many thanks to you all for such kind words. I couldn't have done it without you all and this Forum :angel:

I am pleased to say that the film won its first award today in California and that we continue to bring awareness to the Epidermolysis bullosa condition.

thanks again for all your support

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to your wife and her team on the win

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results