shape
carat
color
clarity

had something surreal happen to me

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part gypsy, keep your original ER. I think (from what you wrote before) you will regret selling it or giving it to the insurance company. You found it for a reason and it is meant to be. Your daughter can wear it in the future and it holds sentimental value for your whole family.

As for the replacement ring have you considered reducing it a bit to come somewhere between what Whiteflash would pay you and what you are pricing it at now? If you are not getting any interest at the price you set it at now I would go in between and see if that is a more palatable solution vs selling it to WF. Good luck and no matter what if it was me I would keep the original ER only because of what you said about it holding meaning for you and the whole family.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Part gypsy I really hope that you keep your original ring too, it obviously means a lot to you and your family. If you definitely want to sell your new ring Im sure it will sell but it may just take some time. Wishimg you lots of luck and fingers crossed you can keep both rings!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's what we are leaning towards. As my husband says it's not a big hit for us financially in the big picture, and better than to keep trying to "replace" it in some way which may end up being more expensive in the long term. :o
Thank you all for you feedback!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Five years from now I don't think you'll regret having kept your original ring. The financial aspects of it all will have been worked out and I think you'll be happy that you still have that ring.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you have decided to keep your diamond. You mentioned you have a daughter.. Have you thought about giving the diamond to her when she older. I have not sold any of the diamonds I don't wear often because I know my nieces will enjoy them one day.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 daughters! My oldest wants my anniversary ring, but neither are really diamond people at this point. My youngest would be just as happy with a big blue topaz ring than a diamond. But it wouldn't be a horrible thing if they each got an equivalent piece down the line.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree that you should keep your gorgeous five stone ring. It is so pretty and unique and it obviously has sentimental value to you. Your new ring will either sell in time or you will pay off the insurance company in payments so the situation will eventually be resolved.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to give everyone an update in case people are curious. I was going to keep my original ring by making payments until the 3550 was paid back, and sell the "new" diamond ring. In retrospect, I went too far away from my comfort zone (from a 5 stone low set bezel ring to prong set solitaire) and while a beautiful classic ring it didn't feel "me". If I had gotten it in a semi-bezel setting I would have kept it. Water under the bridge.

Unfortunately 2 things happened. I was not able to recoup much money at all from new ring. I ended up doing the buy back for the diamond only, minus some fees. Some regret about it. Probably should have held onto it. Haven't yet been able to sell original setting.

Second, in June our financial situation changed. We decided to have our youngest go to private school to help with her learning difficulties. Because of that, I couldn't justify paying close to 3K back at that point, when we had a more important financial commitment. Needless to say my kids are my most precious gems!

I do want to at some point down the line get an ideal cut 5 stone ring with round diamonds, but I am OK waiting, especially until I am able to sell the setting. Until then I have my emerald ring, and a beautiful tourmaline ring my husband got me many years ago to tide me over. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part gypsy, thanks for coming back with an update, that was really thoughtful of you. Sometimes there are other priorities in life and I'm glad you're at peace with your decision. I wish your sweet daughter all the best in her new school. You're a good and very caring mama. And a 5 stone in the future sounds dreamy! :naughty: I also just checked out your emerald ring and it's gorgeous.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Life is pretty good right now, with kids keeping well occupied with things through school, our house through most of the remodels it needs (though there is always a few things left on the list!) and though finances are tight feel an overall sense of abundance in my life. I will of course continue to lurk and view all the pretties posted!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I need to make an update on this whole saga. The way this all happened, where I didn't keep my ring, felt like a situation where I tried to make the best decision at the time, but it unfortunately didn't end in the desired outcome...

My husband who is NOT a jewelry lover or really understands my obsession, around my birthday brought up replacing my ring. I said it was bad timing, we should wait, but he felt it was the right thing to do. Amazingly, he actually got into the process with me, looking at a couple stones, even looking at settings online :o . (this is my shocked face)

I was incredibly ambivalent and indecisive whether a) I should even do this or b) if I did, what I wanted. I was thinking either a 5 stone or 3 stone or some kind of ring with side accents... My husband cut through that and suggested I should get the "nicest" stone I could (within reason) and put it in a simple setting.
And, so I did.
I know, more modest than most here, but I am very excited to see it in person.
It is a .74 J SI1 crafted by infinity diamond, in a semi bezel setting.

sidesemibezelring.jpg

frontsemibezelring.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! And a gem of a husband as well.

How is your daughter doing in private school?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter is responding well to the new school. Teachers at both schools have noticed progress. She still has a long way to go, but her having success at school is has been a confidence booster for her and a relief for us.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's good!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received the ring today and it is amazing! My first impression is that it is huge! I'm going to have to get used to wearing a diamond ring again. But I am up for the challenge :))
I added a post to the under 1 ct diamonds thread, but here is a (not so great) photo

bezelpumpkincropped.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring PG!.. :appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
After all everything happens for a reason. What an ordeal but it worked out at the end. I am so happy that your daughter is doing better as well as that you finally get to have a diamond ring. Just make sure to keep this one. Sometimes it is worth waiting.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I love that semi bezel look.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It was so nice of your husband to want you to have a new ring and it is absolutely gorgeous! I love a sleek elegant bezel setting and paired with a Crafted by Infinity diamond you have a real winner there. Enjoy!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous part gypsy! :love: :love: :love: And your husband is a total sweetie, but I'm sure you already know that! :cheeky: I'm really happy for you :dance:

And I'm so glad to read your daughter is doing well in her new school - as a mother I totally get the relief you are feeling, I'm happy for you about that as well! (((hugs))))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for your well wishes! You are all giving me warm fuzzies! Yes my husband even after all this time, can still surprise me. I think that was the most important part of this, that we did it together (or as much as he can do jewelry) though he was teasing me about the "one ring" and "my precious" .
It is genuinely a pleasure to work with Wink and Melissa. They feel like old friends and make it fun.
I was always curious about CBI diamonds. Once I saw one, that was it, I wanted to have one. I now get to look at one every day :appl: .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results