carat
color
clarity

My JbG 2.28 ct OEC in a solitaire setting

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1428112359|3856661 said:
A few more hand pics... Need to stop before my phone is filled with ring pics.

img_0655.jpg

img_0660.jpg

img_0661.jpg

Good luck not filling up your phone with photos of THIS diamond!
You'd better upgrade your phone storage capacity ASAP : )

TwinkleBB : )
Ridiculously large, no, Big and Beautiful, YES! : )

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Now that you have 2 lovely rings, how will you decide on which one to wear? :cheeky: :love:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Cannot believe it's a J!! It looks stunning on you!
So beautiful.
:love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is such a pretty diamond and I love the elegant simplicity of the setting you chose. It lets the stone be the star and it goes great with your band.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous and vibrant stone! I love the elegant setting that you chose for it.

:love: :love: :love:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm in love :love: You're ring is classic and elegant!!!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Omg thank you all so much for your kind words!!! I feel so blessed to own such a beautiful ring and have people to share this joy with on this board!

The setting is a Stuller setting I picked out from their website when I decided to put the stone in a simple setting. I figured I'll change the setting down the road if I want something fancier but the Stuller turned out much better than originally anticipated. Grace's bench did a fantastic job shaving down the prongs and now they look super delicate. The setting is actually super budget friendly for those who are just looking for a simple solitaire setting. The quality is very good for the price you pay for it! The design also looks great both head on and from the profile view... which is pretty rare for a standard Stuller-type setting.

I took my ring to my appraiser this past weekend for insurance purpose. He graded my Brian Gavin ring before and I was very pleased with his service (Patrick Davis in LA; funny guy! Very knowledgeable too). He graded my stone between VS2 and SI1 (inclusion is on the side; prongable). BUT the biggest surprise is he graded the stone an I color (he said MAYBE a low H). I mean given it's mounted so it's hard to grade very accurately but wow!!! :o ::) :bigsmile:

I will post comparison pics soon next to my 1.22 ct Brian Gavin and my 0.76 ct De Beers solitaire pendant (G color and H color, respectively).

Thanks again for all the love you have shown Twinkle :halo:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on Twinkle's great appraisal!
She is a true beauty :love:
I hope you will continue to photograph her and post more pictures.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1428353519|3857660 said:

Thank you. I think I saw your stone in person when Grace brought a few stones in the size range I was looking for!!! The rainbow flashes were amazing from these old cuts. Your setting inspiration pictures are very close to what I envision a permanent home for my stone would look like too! Isn't that crazy? Who is making the setting for you? The wait must be killing you. You are a patient lady :sun:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are two comparison pics:

This one from top to bottom: De Beers 0.76 ct H color MRB pendant, Brian Gavin Blue 1.22 ct G color MRB engagement ring and Jbg 2.28 ct J color OEC solitaire ring.

img_0666.jpg

This one is when the OEC is loose next to my Brian Gavin Blue 1.22 ct.

img_0487.jpg

Can you spot the color difference? :lickout: I think it looked about two shades off from the G when the OEC was loose. It somehow looks whiter now it's set. It looks about one shade off most of the time unless I put them side-by-side from the profile. I can see more body tint in the J.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love at first sight does exist when it comes to OECs :love:

Took these when I first saw my stone:

img_0489.jpg

img_0494.jpg

That's it for now before Pricescope bans me for overloading their servers :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1428367317|3857723 said:

Thank you. I think I saw your stone in person when Grace brought a few stones in the size range I was looking for!!! The rainbow flashes were amazing from these old cuts. Your setting inspiration pictures are very close to what I envision a permanent home for my stone would look like too! Isn't that crazy? Who is making the setting for you? The wait must be killing you. You are a patient lady :sun:

oh good...you got my message. I had second thoughts about hijacking your thread, so I deleted it : )

I'm getting Joy back tomorrow or Wednesday in the temp setting from my local jeweler. I like Caysie's craftsmanship, and Steven Kirsch built a great, unusual Edwardian solitaire that intrigues me. So many choices! :errrr: Hoping to be happy enough with the temp that I can just enjoy Joy for a while. In a perfect world I would suddenly find a fabulous 1900 platinum setting that looks like the inspiration photos : )

Did your Twinkle look different IRL loose and set? I am so curious to see if an OEC is affected by setting.
edit - whoops I just read that she looks whiter set. Did you notice any other differences? Is the performance the same?
thanks!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1428368850|3857731 said:
OCgirl|1428367317|3857723 said:

oh good...you got my message. I had second thoughts about hijacking your thread, so I deleted it : )

I'm getting Joy back tomorrow or Wednesday in the temp setting from my local jeweler. I like Caysie's craftsmanship, and Steven Kirsch built a great, unusual Edwardian solitaire that intrigues me. So many choices! :errrr: Hoping to be happy enough with the temp that I can just enjoy Joy for a while. In a perfect world I would suddenly find a fabulous 1900 platinum setting that looks like the inspiration photos : )

Did your Twinkle look different IRL loose and set? I am so curious to see if an OEC is affected by setting.

I love Caysie's design and craftmanship as well. There are sooo many amazing settings on here that I'm just like WOW these are museum pieces. I actually saw a MRB-turned OEC in a Steven Kirsch setting that is consigned to Grace. I tried it on and the quality of the engraving and everything is just jaw dropping. I am taking my time to really think what I want before committing a few thousand dollars on a setting. Right now I am really loving the solitaire.

I do think it looks a little bit different now that it's set. I notice the high crown and small table a lot more (most likely because I don't have to worry about the stone popping out of the temp holder). It also looks a shade whiter now. The downside is I think it's not as "see-through" as before; as in when it's loose I feel like light is just passing through the stone kind of like a kaleidoscope. Now it's more like a disco ball :wink2: Okay I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job describing this.

I will wait for updated pics in your post then :sun: How exciting!!! I hope I can relive last Friday when I first opened the box and tried on my ring for the first time :lol: :lol: :lol: Make sure you treasure every second of it! ::)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you OCgirl.
I'm worn out from being so excited! I missed this diamond so much & glad to have her home.
There was no big "reveal" here. I went in the jewelry store, he handed me the ring and we all went out in the parking lot briefly to look at it. Joy was VERY clean LOL.
I just wanted to take her home and LOOK. I am still looking and looking and looking. My brain has not quite figured out that I have this wonderful "being". [you mean I get to keep it?!]

How about you?
Are you getting anything done?
More photos when you have the time??? please? : )

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey! I have that setting for my ering as well! Needless to say, you have great taste!

Congratulations! It's gorgeous!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
ElleW|1428722864|3860208 said:
Hey! I have that setting for my ering as well! Needless to say, you have great taste!

Congratulations! It's gorgeous!

You do? Do you have a picture of your ring?
Do you like your setting? I've only had my ring for a week and I'm not allowed to wear it yet haha. It's an anniversary gift and our anniversary is next week. It felt pretty comfortable the few days I got to wear it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl|1428367949|3857728 said:

img_0489.jpg

img_0494.jpg

back for another look :love: :love: :love:
at least you have photos to sustain you! : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1428755682|3860339 said:
OCgirl|1428367949|3857728 said:

img_0489.jpg

img_0494.jpg

back for another look :love: :love: :love:
at least you have photos to sustain you! : )

Oh I love these photos. That polish looks amazing with your ring too. :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, swoonworthy stone and setting, I love the simple elegance of the setting both together are sheer perfection!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Missy & Arkie - Thank you!!!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some new pics to share with you gals :cheeky:

img_0707.jpg

img_0710.jpg

With my 1.22 ct Brian Gavin Blue G color:

img_0711.jpg

img_0712.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hanging out in the backyard with some orchids:

img_0715__1_.jpg

img_0716_0.jpg

That's it for now. Have a good weekend :twirl:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So beauitful, congrats!!! And I love your new pics!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your photos are beautiful and also made me smile because I know you are enjoying that gorgeous diamond very very much! :love:

edit: Does this mean you are now able to wear her all the time?!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent - Thank you. I bought a macro lens for my phone just so I can take close up pictures of my ring :lol: Good thing the lens is pretty cheap and it works really well!

Jimmianne - Yes I can wear it now!!! My other ring, however, has been sitting in the box... that's why I am including it in some of the pics so it doesn't feel left out! I can't believe how white this J stone is. I thought I would be able to see some tint sometimes, but I don't at all!!! So strange. And it looks so different from my modern round. My friends and coworkers who have seen both rings also commented on how different they look even though they are both round.

I also started following jbg on facebook and instagram. Oh my she posts some delicious photos!!!!! Did you see the cobblestone pendant/necklace she posted today? It is soooo pretty. I know where I'm asking my husband to get ALL my gifts from now on 8)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
This OEC makes me swoon!! Such beautiful faceting. Love the classic setting!! You have a great collection.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1432136971|3879039 said:
This OEC makes me swoon!! Such beautiful faceting. Love the classic setting!! You have a great collection.

Thank you, pandabee :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you taking more photos? :naughty:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1432377293|3880366 said:
Are you taking more photos? :naughty:

Okay! Two more and some pictures I took in Bora Bora. You know... BB in BB :)

img_0849_0.jpg

img_0851_0.jpg

img_1002.jpg

img_0873_0.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:
BB in BB!
Beautiful place to wear a beautiful diamond. I'll bet she did LOTS of wonderful things with the light there : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results