clarity

My CS Year 2015

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Me too!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: I think you did well on your new aqua ring. I love that stepped style and it looks great on you.

But I'm really posting to say that I like how you handled the issues surrounding the ring. Your attitude is awesome. While it wasn't exactly as planned, you weighed the pros and cons and worked it out. :appl:

Oh, and sorry about your boiler ;( - that's the same thing as a water heater, correct?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No new pics yet, sorry.

Thanks minousbijoux for your kind words. Life is too short to get into a rut over something minor like this, it is not the end of the world, and the ring is wearable and lovely as it is. :))

I wore it all day yesterday on my right hand and it felt great, and I received some very nice compliment about the ring when I went out for a social drink after work.

My lady friend was shocked when I revealed how little I paid for the aquamarine stone. :bigsmile:

I want a bigger EC Aquamarine in similar icy blue colour, so that I could set it in a similar design badly, may be with baguettes instead of paved round diamonds. :Up_to_something:

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! You seem quite determined about the bigger version. I would indeed give it a different twist to avoid the feeling that you have 2 really similar rings. Are you already eyeing a bigger one?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429361116|3864046 said:
Ha! You seem quite determined about the bigger version. I would indeed give it a different twist to avoid the feeling that you have 2 really similar rings. Are you already eyeing a bigger one?

Acinom,

I am ALWAYS eyeing something! :bigsmile:

Can't find suitable bigger EC cut stones in the colour that I love though, they tend to be more saturated and more blue, and the ones that are right with colour are similar size to my existing stone.

I don't have the money to spare for while, so it is purely window shopping on the internet for inspirations.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics:

Wearing it on the right hand:
jdaquaring_04.jpg

Two pics of the Aqua ring next to my EC diamond:
ec_aqua_01.jpg
ec_aqua_02.jpg

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new pics :love: :love:
Do I detect a clear 'DK signature style' here? Your rings look fabulous together!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429388694|3864192 said:
Do I detect a clear 'DK signature style' here? Your rings look fabulous together!

Thank you!

If you meant both are ECs, then yes, I love that cut, certainly in diamonds, however, I am aware it may not suit a lot of CSs.

I toyed with the idea of an EC Morganite as it would look great in that cut, however, the colour is too pale and is unlikely to suit my skin tone. :((

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1429389698|3864195 said:
Acinom|1429388694|3864192 said:

Thank you!

If you meant both are ECs, then yes, I love that cut, certainly in diamonds, however, I am aware it may not suit a lot of CSs.

I toyed with the idea of an EC Morganite as it would look great in that cut, however, the colour is too pale and is unlikely to suit my skin tone. :((

Besides both being EC, the rings have the following in common:
- a modern, yet classic style
- white metal
- a plain polished shank
- simple elegance with oomph
- a soft colour palet
- a clean bezel that defines the geometric shape of the stone
- a modest doze of pave that is only sprinkled in certain areas
- suitable for everyday wear: the ring that takes you from daily chores to a fancy dinner
8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429390402|3864199 said:
Besides both being EC, the rings have the following in common:
- a modern, yet classic style
- white metal
- a plain polished shank
- simple elegance with oomph
- a soft colour palet
- a clean bezel that defines the geometric shape of the stone
- a modest doze of pave that is only sprinkled in certain areas
- suitable for everyday wear: the ring that takes you from daily chores to a fancy dinner
8-)

All that from a couple of pics? :bigsmile:

Not sure about the soft colour palette as I love pink-reds and have a few of those in my collection. ;))

I have never liked paved shanks, don't know why, probably because I know shiny metal suits me. Hence I prefer a thicker plain shank.

The preference for bezel setting was the result of losing the imperial jade of my mum's ring.

As for everyday wear? My mum's ruby diamond cluster and my two pearl rings certainly do not fall in that category.

I am contemplating setting my RH Amethyst in a diamond ballerina setting, which is not exactly subtle for day wear! A diamond shaped one so that it sits long on the finger. Mind you, it will cost a small fortune, therefore, it will have to wait.

As for white metal, it suits my skin tone.

I guess I prefer clean lines and not too ornate and fussy settings, and I am not keen on millgrains.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Love then we photos! Both of your rings are beautiful DK. To me, your Aqua is HUGE and looks fabulous on you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429404414|3864251 said:
Love then we photos! Both of your rings are beautiful DK. To me, your Aqua is HUGE and looks fabulous on you!

Thanks ricezo. However, I have developed CSSS, for aquamarine at least! :lol:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168 said:
ricezo|1429404414|3864251 said:

Thanks ricezo. However, I have developed CSSS, for aquamarine at least! [emoji38]

Please don't mention CSSS! Trying very hard not to think about this, lol [emoji33] [emoji23]

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear! It sounds contagious, don't let me catch it please! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429441423|3864382 said:
Oh dear! It sounds contagious, don't let me catch it please! :lol:

It appears to affect aquamarine only.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Richard Homer Concave Faceted square Amethyst with corners has arrived! :bigsmile:

Apology for the quality of the pictures, taken using my phone while at work in the office.

rhamethyst_01.jpg
rhamethyst_02.jpg

It is a lot livelier in colour and sparkly in real life, very pleased with it, and definitely worth the extra expense.

Just need to find the spare pennies to set it.

I may change the asymmetrical bar design to another style that would sit long on my finger.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DK it's beautiful!! :love:

Please share your new setting ideas!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The colour is rich, is it more velvety or crisp looking in real life?
Great purchase DK!

S

SparkliesLuver

Your new aqua looks fabulous, DK! It really looks at home on your finger. :) I can see why you received several compliments. I can't wait to see what you come up with at a future date that's larger!

Admittedly, I'm not a big purple fan, but your new amethyst is very pretty. There's something about it that makes it very easy to appreciate. The fact that it's from Roger doesn't hurt, either. ;-) Yes, please share your setting ideas.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Just getting caught up on your thread. Your aqua ring turned out beautifully! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences with caratsgems, and that amethyst? :love: Such wonderful, rich colour on the handshot! Delicious.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I am still searching for a suitable ring style, however, I really like the look and shape of this ring, and shall look to see if I could adapt it for the Amethyst - for a start, I do not like millgrains or paved stones on the shank:

imagesr5mo3pid.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you received your stones from caratgems yet? I'm curious to know how they compare in your opinion :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1430327194|3869709 said:
Have you received your stones from caratgems yet? I'm curious to know how they compare in your opinion :))

Still no sign of them yet.

According to eBay listing, the estimated delivery is between 24/04/2015 to 11/05/2015!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah!! I was waiting for this! I love the ring and velvet like colour. What a beauty!!! The colour looks so rich and elegant with your skintone. It will be amazing set in a ring. I love the ring design. A very simple design will also look stunning with this stone. It does not need much to shine :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1430307154|3869556 said:
My Richard Homer Concave Faceted square Amethyst with corners has arrived! :bigsmile:

Apology for the quality of the pictures, taken using my phone while at work in the office.

rhamethyst_01.jpg
rhamethyst_02.jpg

It is a lot livelier in colour and sparkly in real life, very pleased with it, and definitely worth the extra expense.

Just need to find the spare pennies to set it.

I may change the asymmetrical bar design to another style that would sit long on my finger.

What a stunner! I love the bright flashes.. very nice :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trillion blue topaz and round precision cut white topaz arrived this morning. Only had time for a quick look, and first impression is that they are very good for the prices I paid!

I shall have a closer look during this weekend, and take some pics too.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I look forward to seeing them and hear your opinion as I have been curious about caratsgem for some time.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love your amethyst

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a look at the two gems from caratsgems using a 20x loupe as it has a LED light whereas the 10x loupe does not have a light.

I apologise in advance if my feedback makes me sound like a snob, however, I am only being honest, as I have seen the light in the form of precision cut gems from the likes of Jeff White, Richard Homer and Jeff Davies.

The cut quality of the two gems from caratsgems are disappointing, especially the white topaz that had the word "precision" in its listing.

Irregular girdle, facets that do not meet etc., and I can also observe tiny chips on the pavilion of the blue topaz.

Although the white topaz looks sparkly on its own, however, it pales somewhat when placed against JW's white topaz. I shall try and take some photos of the two white topazes side by side to show the difference in appearance.

They are my learner stones and I am unlikely to spend money to have them set.

The cut quality of JD's non-precision cut CSs that I had bought is definitely better in comparison.

Would I buy from them again? Perhaps for cabochons, and I am eyeing some of their opals. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results