shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! What're these on my e-ring?

helenhe127

Rough_Rock
I just got my engagement ring from blue nile. It's a solitaire six prong Nouveau knife edge one in platinum. But I just found some metals between the prong setting and the ring, which is not shown on the picture of blue nile's website. Is this normal or problem? BTW, these metals show yellow color with flash.
img_0448.jpg screen_shot_2015-04-18_at_3_0.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not seeing what you're talking about.

Can you take a picture on the macro setting close up without a flash in a well lit area (under a tree or by a windowsill)

helenhe127

Rough_Rock
This is the picture with no flash. Sorry I can't zoom in any better. image_3382.jpg

And this is the part I'm confusing about. image_3385.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm... Better. Crop that pic then post again, that should zoom it in more

helenhe127

Rough_Rock
Hope these pictures can give you a better view.
image_3387.jpg image_3386.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm ok. Sorry to have ypu post so many pictures.

Its hard to tell colors of metal in photos. Is the metal different color or is it just nor polished like the rest of the ring.

Makes me think maybe the head got soldered to the shank poorly.

helenhe127

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for ur reply. It looks like they are the same metal. Maybe not polished well. Actually if I don't look at this so close, it's hard to tell even in person. Probably I'm too fussy. But I mean, I'm gonna wear this for the rest of my life and I just want it to be perfect.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
helenhe127|1429391212|3864205 said:
Thanks a lot for ur reply. It looks like they are the same metal. Maybe not polished well. Actually if I don't look at this so close, it's hard to tell even in person. Probably I'm too fussy. But I mean, I'm gonna wear this for the rest of my life and I just want it to be perfect.
No I get it. If its the same metal and hard to tell I bet its were they soldered the head to the shank.

If it bothers you now I'd return it, maybe you might just have to spend a little more on the setting.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I would return it if it is bothering you. It does look off where it was soldered.

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
I was wondering the same thing today! Saw it on a ring, and I've never seen this effect before...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results