shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Baroque Akoyas and Allure Earrings

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited! My 9.5mm blue baroque akoya necklace and earrings have arrived from the PP April sale. I had the necklace shortened to 16" and had the extra pearls set on the Allure earring findings in white gold.

Here they are next to my 18" Vietnamese blue baroque akoyas from last years PP sale. The larger pearls are more of an icy blue color while the smaller pearls are a darker baby blue. The smaller earrings came from POJ and are also blue akoyas and they are the darkest of all the blues I have.

_28851.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Here they are on my neck. I'm so sorry the neck shots did not come out so well. I'm going to try to take more tomorrow in different lighting. They a really are stunning.

_28852.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Here is a good shot of the allure earrings. I always find it hard to judge by online pictures exactly how large jewelry is. The use are a bit smaller than I thought they might be; but, they are very pretty. I have smaller ear loves, so for me they are a good fit.

_28853.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
One last photo for today, this one is indoors and you can see more of the luster here; but, it's still not a great pic.

_28854.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'd be excited, too! congrats!

caro40

Shiny_Rock
These are so pretty!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the shots. The blue of are stunning, including your Vietnamese earrings. :))

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh those are really pretty! Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to more shots.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! Can't wait for more pictures! Woot!!!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Blue Akoyas have been on my mind lately too. I would love to see more pictures esp. of the POJ akoyas.
I'm also wondering do the blue akoyas look white from afar or baby blue?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are breathtaking!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG they are so gorgeous. The color, the lustre, the shape, everything. Perfect. :love:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I love those earrings -- they turned out beautifully!

Bailey, my blue Akoyas do not look white from a distance; they appear icy blue. The smaller sizes tend to have deeper color, from what I've seen.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo pretty!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! I especially love the color captured in the first shot!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I got a much better picture of the pearls today in different lighting. They way they appear in this picture is what they look like IRL.

The way blue akoyas appear depend on the pearls. There is a range of color from very light icy blue to darker blue/pink. The pink is an overtone found in some of the blues, so not all blue akoyas will have flashes of pink. PP seems to list their blues as either "silver blue" or "blue". The silver blue is more of the icy blue color and the blue is usually the darker color. Now that I have both ends of the spectrum I have to say they are ALL lovely!

_28901.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
ltlmsmfft, those akoyas look fantastic on you! congratulations! :appl:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I can see what you mean by icy blue now and it is gorgeous. More pictures please!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They are indeed wonderful! You look beautiful in blues.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
They lit up from inside!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
You have lovely blue akoyas and look wonderful on you. Congratulations and enjoy your new beauties :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The blue of the earrings is fantastic!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just curious, what color clothing do you all wear with your blue baroques? I get stuck on 'matchy matchy' and I need to stop.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection of blues! They look lovely on you, Ltmsmfft.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I have found the blue akoyas look fantastic when I am wearing Black, Brown, White or any other neutral color.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection of blues is gorgeous and I love the latest strand on you! They're such a nice size and so lustrous. I love the allure setting for the earrings.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the latest shot. The colours look beautiful!!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my. These are all beautiful, but that strand w/ the smaller, darker blues is my favorite. Just GORGEOUS!

Congrats on your newest purchase. You have a nice baby blue family going on there. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results