shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 1.29 emerald cut diamond? (aset & photo)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I've returned the J color princess cut diamond to Blue Nile. I couldn't get use to the warmth of the diamond. I've decided that since I have the opportunity to start over, that I want an emerald cut diamond after all. I've got on hold a 1.29 carat emerald cut diamond. Specs are:

Color- I
Clarity- VS2
Length/width ratio- 1.32
Depth %- 68.8%
Table %- 60.0%
Polish- Excellent
Symmetry- Very Good
Girdle- Thick to Very Thick
Culet- None
Fluorescence- Strong
Measurements- 7.13 x 5.39 x 3.71 mm

Aset & photo: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/E129-U3VYYA

Blue Nile has done a visual and the flourescence does not adversely affect the diamond and it is eye clean. Looking at the aset and photo, would the fancy shape cut experts recommend this diamond?

Thank you :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Thoughts on this 1.29 emerald cut diamond? (aset & photo

I could only look at the small aset picture because I dont have an account with them. I think* the stone looks pretty decent and
is worth more investigation (ordering it in and taking a look).

The videos really help me with Emerald cut. I like to be able to see how the steps go on/off. So with the limited info provided
I think it looks pretty good. Did you check to see if it is posted on JA where we can see a video?

Edit - I checked JA...didnt see it.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

It looks beautiful, definitely worth a closer look (in person).

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Great! Thank you so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also could not enlarge the ASET photo to see if it was a real one or computer generated. In any event, ASET images need to be on a white background to show leakage (hint: that is why some sources use black). I like what I can see so far. It does appear to have a small inclusion under the table. I'd probably have to see it in person to know if that would bother me.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Ok, thanks. I'm starting the worry about the "I" color. I returned the princess cut because I could see the warmth of the "J" color. If I go a higher color, I'll have to go down in size to stay on budget. Am I panicking over nothing or should I go up to an H or G?

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

The ASET is computer generated.

gia-certified-1-29-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-diamond-u3vyya_ast.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Feb03Bride|1429360976|3864044 said:
Ok, thanks. I'm starting the worry about the "I" color. I returned the princess cut because I could see the warmth of the "J" color. If I go a higher color, I'll have to go down in size to stay on budget. Am I panicking over nothing or should I go up to an H or G?

You should be fine. The stone has strong fluorescence which should make it appear whiter (but not always).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results