shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucy and Ethel hit the road.....

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
4 RG, Ennui and ckrickett your octopi look so cool and so cute at the same time.

I was also wondering about the material of the octopus itself. Is it oxidized silver?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
PS: NacreLover those are amazing pearls!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I was only able to buy the left pearl during the sale.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tucs said:
4 RG, Ennui and ckrickett your octopi look so cool and so cute at the same time.

I was also wondering about the material of the octopus itself. Is it oxidized silver?

Mine is silver but she had some that were brass, and a rosy brass too.

katbran said:
omg they are so cute !!

Nice photo ckrickett ! I love the pearl in that one ! And Ennui - your Tahitian looks gorgeous too !

I thought they were broaches to when I first saw them - how big are they? Sorry if that's been covered already.. I think they are smaller than they look.,,I was going to guess about 2 inches?? Are they Sterling?

Very cute.

And again, thanks to all for the photos. It certainly looks like you had a great time !

The smaller babies are about 1 1/2 inches long, but she has 2 giant parent ones! (One with an amazing purple FW [earl, that one is silver, and one with an amazing Blue SSP which is brass)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1428668892|3859768 said:
If you do send it to sheri I would LOVE yo see how it turns out! Would be stunning!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Here is a very poor poor poor pic of the little guy on my neck. The sun is shining through my office to much to take a decent one!

fullsizerender-25.jpg

Still trying to figure out a name for the little guy.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That is pretty Ckrickett. The size and pearl color are perfect.

Sheri put a lot of detail into her creation.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
My octopus is silver, but the metal has an unusual tone. ckrickett's octopus looks more silver than mine.

I think movie zombie got the rose-toned brass (just guessing, since she calls hers Little Red).

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1428679098|3859857 said:
If you do send it to sheri I would LOVE yo see how it turns out! Would be stunning!

Ckrickett, I always love your selfie turtle Avatar !

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1428712674|3860148 said:
ckrickett|1428679098|3859857 said:

Ckrickett, I always love your selfie turtle Avatar !

Thanks! ::)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I see the Ruckus 2015 has been announced ... July 24-26.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1428879676|3860988 said:
I see the Ruckus 2015 has been announced ... July 24-26.

yeah!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for sharing pictures and information about the octopus pendant. I was lucky enough to purchase one from Sheri and am so pleased. I thought I would share a picture.

img_7602.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute, Krissy! It looks like it's picking up some peach colors from the shell. :angel:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
krissy7|1429029544|3861732 said:
Thanks to everyone for sharing pictures and information about the octopus pendant. I was lucky enough to purchase one from Sheri and am so pleased. I thought I would share a picture.

How fun, you go one too? Congrats on your new pet.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Nacrelover and Ennui! I love the detail of the piece. Thought I would share another picture from a different angle that shows the detail of the pendant. I want to add that Sheri was a pleasure!

img_7603.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, the detail is very special, right down to the suckers on the arms. (I just learned that it is a common mistake to refer to an octopus' arms as tentacles. Tentacles are longer than arms. Tentacles usually have suckers only at their tips.) And did you know that an octopus has three hearts? :read:

I plan to wear mine today; I'll let you know if anyone comments.

I hope Sheri plans to make more of these!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but she did say this mold will only have a limited lifetime. Then back to carving again.

Octogirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I was so excited to see all the photos of my babies in their new hones, I just had to create an account and write! Thanks to all for your kind words about my little cephalopods. I have three little ones left, plus the proud parents, but could be enticed to make more, and will happily take orders.

Sending you all eight-armed hugs -

Sheri (Octogirl)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Octogirl|1429066525|3862007 said:
I was so excited to see all the photos of my babies in their new hones, I just had to create an account and write! Thanks to all for your kind words about my little cephalopods. I have three little ones left, plus the proud parents, but could be enticed to make more, and will happily take orders.

Sheri (Octogirl)
Hi Octogirl! So nice to see you here on PS. I remember the last time I saw you in person, leaving PP after the ruckus with a batch of Edison pearls in hand, all destined to be octopus heads. So amazing to see how they turned out.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1429060968|3861969 said:
Yes, but she did say this mold will only have a limited lifetime. Then back to carving again.

NNnnnooooooooo! :shock:

I received two comments today ... one from a woman, "Is that an ... octopus?" and another from a man, simply "Octopus!" The man had quite a twinkle in his eye ... this could be a man-catcher. :lol:

I'd be sad if this mold was destroyed. It's so wonderful! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning picture, Octogirl! you're tall and can pull it off with great grace!
me? short, round, and large of chest? not so much.
i'd think a thinner less chesty short person could wear it as well.
love looking at that picture, though!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Octogirl, that has to be the statement of all statements. It looks wonderful on you, too.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Octogirl|1429081172|3862079 said:
Fly Girl|1429066799|3862009 said:

Sheri (Octogirl)
Hi Octogirl! So nice to see you here on PS. I remember the last time I saw you in person, leaving PP after the ruckus with a batch of Edison pearls in hand, all destined to be octopus heads. So amazing to see how they turned out.

I was quite thrilled to get my hands on those 18mm pearls! The babies have pearls in the 10-12mm range. Here's a shot of me wearing one of the big ones...not for the faint of heart (or weak of neck...), as the octo itself weighs over 4 ounces. To put things in perspective, the pearl strand it is dangling from is 9-10mm...

I still really want the big one with the SSP

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Sheri (Octogirl)

So great that you are here! I think your little octo babies are becoming the fastest pearl trend of 2015 on here!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Octogirl|1429081172|3862079 said:
Fly Girl|1429066799|3862009 said:

Sheri (Octogirl)

I was quite thrilled to get my hands on those 18mm pearls! The babies have pearls in the 10-12mm range. Here's a shot of me wearing one of the big ones...not for the faint of heart (or weak of neck...), as the octo itself weighs over 4 ounces. To put things in perspective, the pearl strand it is dangling from is 9-10mm...

I remember that collection of future heads too. Your octopuses are fabulous, Sheri! It's so nice to see you here on PS.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Sarah's studio looks amazing! So many gorgeous pearls and such creative designs. I wish I could have been there.

NL & 4RG, thank you for the report and photos!

NL, it's so much fun to see the process of Sarah creating your new pendant and earrings -- can't wait to see them on you.

4RG, I know I will be seeing your new loot soon. Time for another lunch and drool session, lol.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Well my photos came from Sarah last night. Just to recap how they were and how they look now.

Before:

dscf1735.jpg

_29169.jpg

_29171.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
And now finished.
I absolutely thrilled with the outcome. I loved the caps she put on the pearls, which were a surprise addition. Mounir did a fantastic job on the gold work. I can't wait to buy more mabe from Douglas McLaurin and send them to Sarah to work magic on.

kojimasoc1.jpg

kojimasoc2.jpg

kojimasoc3.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. NL, that is just stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results