color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429115576|3862324 said:
TL said:
I think this is a very good price for such a pretty color, and well cut, large pink spinel. It's not that Mahenge color, but more of a blush rose.

http://www.finewatergems.com/spinel.html

I wonder why he gave it a "SI" rating. Am I missing something?

Yes, I wonder if it's a mistake *wink wink* so maybe it's underpriced.

The purple spinel at the bottom of the paged garnered a VS rating and that has obvious inclusions.

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:
Yes, I wonder if it's a mistake *wink wink* so maybe it's underpriced.

The purple spinel at the bottom of the paged garnered a VS rating and that has obvious inclusions.

hehe Quite possibly! ;-)

Yes, I thought that exact same thing.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1429115576|3862324 said:
TL said:
I think this is a very good price for such a pretty color, and well cut, large pink spinel. It's not that Mahenge color, but more of a blush rose.

http://www.finewatergems.com/spinel.html

I wonder why he gave it a "SI" rating. Am I missing something?

I see something in the upper right corner in the first pic, but doesn't look like it would be that obvious in person...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the latest update by The Gemtrader:

_29115.jpg

_29116.jpg

_29117.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a big fan of the 32.7 carat zircon (heated, greenish blue, $3.6k, 16mm -- yes, zircon is that dense) and the 3.8 carat purplish rubellite (untreated, purplish red, $285, 9.4x8.8 mm) from TGT's drop :love: in addition to the Mahenge posted above.

The purple vesuvianite gets an honorable mention too.

I think the rubellite has a great price.

This is the link to the drop: http://www.thegemtrader.com/NewItemsApr15%20-%20The%20Gem%20Trader.htm

apr15bzirconi.gif

apr15rubellite.gif

bluenights

Rough_Rock
the gem trader mahenge spinel is so nice.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so nice that so many others pay attention to these drops and post the eye candy here. There was a time when I would stop what I was doing/pull the car over/excuse myself from a meeting/tell my kids not to bother me because a drop was imminent and I wanted to get it, whatever it was (I rarely did). Now, I don't bother, but I sure love seeing the spoils and the latest pretties. Thanks for posting LK.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I thought about the rubellite, but didn't go for it.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm anxious to see who got what! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :appl:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1429138150|3862531 said:
Its so nice that so many others pay attention to these drops and post the eye candy here. There was a time when I would stop what I was doing/pull the car over/excuse myself from a meeting/tell my kids not to bother me because a drop was imminent and I wanted to get it, whatever it was (I rarely did). Now, I don't bother, but I sure love seeing the spoils and the latest pretties. Thanks for posting LK.

No problem. I stopped myself from posting two or three more in case it was bothersome so it's nice to read that.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope a PSer reserved the rubellite.

S

SparkliesLuver

LoversKites said:

I hope so too! I tried, LK, but I'm sure I was too late. Unfortunately I was driving when the drop happened - go figure, right - and I don't use my phone when I'm driving.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy to say that I got the rubellite! I have always wanted a rubellite. It is my first time getting something fast from a drop. I just happened to open my email and see that he had just posted them. I don't ever wait for the drops but I might start because that was fun and a great deal I think!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
ilovegemstones|1429188949|3862841 said:
I am so happy to say that I got the rubellite! I have always wanted a rubellite. It is my first time getting something fast from a drop. I just happened to open my email and see that he had just posted them. I don't ever wait for the drops but I might start because that was fun and a great deal I think!

:appl: I really love that one. Pics when it arrives please! It was a good deal imo too.

S

SparkliesLuver

LoversKites said:
:appl: I really love that one. Pics when it arrives please! It was a good deal imo too.

+2! :clap:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones said:
Oh how exciting!! Looking forward to seeing more pics!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mochiko SL and LK! I promise to post pucs when it is here!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1429187172|3862822 said:

Yay! Congrats. Please post a lot of pics once you have received it.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acimom! Hopefully it will be a big beautiful ring like one of yours sometime soon. I will post picsas soon as I get it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1429201377|3862969 said:
Thanks Acimom! Hopefully it will be a big beautiful ring like one of yours sometime soon. I will post picsas soon as I get it!

How exciting for you :appl: Any ideas on how you will set it?
And thank you for the kind words.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking a simple solitaire, rose or yellow gold, claw prongs, maybe a couple hidden diamonds on the side... I love suggestions! :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we're talking about the Gemtrader drop, I picked this up, thought it might make for a cool pendant

It's a ruby crystal

apr15ruby.gif

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Darn!! The mahenge spinel is gone :(. And I emailed first thing! This is why phones are nice. Well I hope whoever got it posts pictures when they get it so I can drool!! :)

Oh and awesome Ruby crystal!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG, the ruby crystal is spectacular. Eager to see what you do with it! I would cap it in high karat yellow gold with little cabochon rubies or garnets around it and gold balls, etruscan style. So glad you got it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had not been able to subscribed to The Gem Traders' mailing list due to error messages when I tried it via their website. However, I have sent them an e-mail asking to be added, fingers crossed.

For their latest availabilities, the one that caught my eyes is the iolite loaded with haematite crystals. Shame that I do not have the pennies to spare, as I would have bought that one as it is very unique.

DK :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Did someone here buy the pink from Mahenge? It looks really good.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears so as it says reserved.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
ilovegemstones|1429190724|3862862 said:
Thanks Mochiko SL and LK! I promise to post pucs when it is here!

Congrats! I also tried to snap up the rubellite, but was too slow. Please do post pics when you receive it!!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
This is an affordable green garnet that'd make a great pendant stone. It's only about 0.6ct but faces up large at 8x4.2 with no window. It is $57.

Based on the description, 'light green', I think it might be closer to a mint garnet or perhaps in between a tsav and mint garnet irl.

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?467817924

j2w_xgg154ic.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lusting for more green? Then consider this green zircon by Jim McCormick. To my eyes it looks really good in the video.

_29174.jpg

_29175.jpg

_29176.jpg

_29180.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results