shape
carat
color
clarity

I had the pleasure of seeing an Octavia!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw an Octavia 2 weeks ago! It's amazing! Though it's a step cut, its sparkle factor is as good as an H&A. But I realise that I would appreciate a larger Octavia to better enjoy the sparkles despite having always found 1.2ct to be an adequate size in the round shape. Enjoy!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I realised that I must have somehow deleted the handshot of Octavia in an empty setting when uploading photos. So I'm only left with 2 uninteresting photos of it in a box and its aset taken using an aset scope and my phone.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the Solasfera, not the eight H&A, if I remember the viewing sequence of the cuts correctly.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Octavia

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As I was looking through the aset scope for Octavia, the SA commented that there's some light leakage as seen by the white, so not as good as H&A cushion. Yet when I put both the Octavia and H&A cushion on my hand and move them around, I don't see the Octavia lagging behind the cushion in performance though the aset of the cushion has very little white. I'm intrigued by the supposed leakage shown as white yet no visible diminish to the eye. Hope Karl can explain more if he sees this or maybe link me to any past discussions that addressed this.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got these from a friend who asked for photos of larger Octavias to better see the steps and sparkles. 1.7ct and 2.3ct on size 5.5 finger. Stones are unset, in empty settings. Love the colorful sparkles in them.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow those two larger Octavias are amazing!!! Thanks for all the pics :wavey:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
WOW they are amazing and don't look real. Love the Octavias. Thanks for the eye candy.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1429269586|3863415 said:
Wow those two larger Octavias are amazing!!! Thanks for all the pics :wavey:

I'm glad you enjoy them. :wavey:

Diamondbug said:
WOW they are amazing and don't look real. Love the Octavias. Thanks for the eye candy.

Yes, the performance is fantastic! I think it's because it's cut to very tight proportions. Exact 7.45 by 7.45. I've edited out the cert number as my friend is considering it and I don't want it bought out from under her due to my posting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa...E VVS1! Wow!

The Octavias are incredible! The ASET is amazing. Truly some of the most beautifully cut diamonds! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's for the pictures. I bet it really sparkles in real life.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that 2.3ct Octavia! :love: :cheeky:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much for the pics! I sooooo want an octavia but it will be a lonnnng time until I am in a position to be able to afford one :( lol

That E VVS1 looks stunning, my ideal spec!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1429266546|3863403 said:
I got these from a friend who asked for photos of larger Octavias to better see the steps and sparkles. 1.7ct and 2.3ct on size 5.5 finger. Stones are unset, in empty settings. Love the colorful sparkles in them.
Beautiful stones!... :love: Maybe this is Octavia #31 and #32?? ,cuz mine was #30. Is the 1.7ct a newly cut stone? what are the specs?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have somehow missed this! Octavia diamonds are one of - if not THE - most beautiful step cut diamond(s) I have ever seen.. thank you so much for posting your pictures.

:love: :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1429993184|3867752 said:
Beautiful stones!... :love: Maybe this is Octavia #31 and #32?? ,cuz mine was #30. Is the 1.7ct a newly cut stone? what are the specs?

Hi DF, I didn't ask if the 3 stones were newly cut ones but I'd think so as when I went there a few weeks ago, the SA mentioned that they just started carrying a new line of square-shaped diamonds (she used the word square to encompass cushion and radiant/8 sided cuts). She mentioned that they only received 3 Octavias a few days before my visit, so they should be newly cut. She only showed me the 1.2ct but didn't bring out its cert, so I don't know the specs. Actually I went in to look at cushion cuts. She told me she would get some square cuts from the back. When she came back, I was surprised to see the word Octavia on one of the cases. She told me it was a new cut that they just started carrying and they only received 3. I'd have stayed longer to view all the Octavias but it was an impromptu visit on a weekend. They were busy and her appointment customer came so soon.

I've attached the 1.7 ct cert but again I edited out the cert number in case my friend wants to get it. But at this point, it's quite clear she's most probably going for a round for coverage.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thecat|1430040913|3867950 said:
Dancing Fire|1429993184|3867752 said:

Hi DF, I didn't ask if the 3 stones were newly cut ones but I'd think so as when I went there a few weeks ago, the SA mentioned that they just started carrying a new line of square-shaped diamonds (she used the word square to encompass cushion and radiant/8 sided cuts). She mentioned that they only received 3 Octavias a few days before my visit, so they should be newly cut. She only showed me the 1.2ct but didn't bring out its cert, so I don't know the specs. Actually I went in to look at cushion cuts. She told me she would get some square cuts from the back. When she came back, I was surprised to see the word Octavia on one of the cases. She told me it was a new cut that they just started carrying and they only received 3. I'd have stayed longer to view all the Octavias but it was an impromptu visit on a weekend. They were busy and her appointment customer came so soon.

I've attached the 1.7 ct cert but again I edited out the cert number in case my friend wants to get it. But at this point, it's quite clear she's most probably going for a round for coverage.

I can't edit now but just realised that both the 1.7 ct and 2.3 ct were certified on March 2015.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="thecat|

I can't edit now but just realised that both the 1.7 ct and 2.3 ct were certified on March 2015.[/quote]

Thanks, just wondering how many Octavias had been cut by now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1429328228|3863956 said:
Whoa...E VVS1! Wow!

The Octavias are incredible! The ASET is amazing. Truly some of the most beautifully cut diamonds! :love:

DS...it'll look so beautiful on your right hand... :wink2:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
thecat|1429234858|3863311 said:
As I was looking through the aset scope for Octavia, the SA commented that there's some light leakage as seen by the white, so not as good as H&A cushion. Yet when I put both the Octavia and H&A cushion on my hand and move them around, I don't see the Octavia lagging behind the cushion in performance though the aset of the cushion has very little white. I'm intrigued by the supposed leakage shown as white yet no visible diminish to the eye. Hope Karl can explain more if he sees this or maybe link me to any past discussions that addressed this.

I intentionally allow a small amount of leakage because the proportion set increases overall brightness by roughly 10% vs removing it and it provides some contrast. The downside is some white in the ASET.
Yoram cut one with and one without leakage for comparison and the one with leakage was considerably brighter to the eye.
When he cut the one with no leakage even without comparing it to another he said it just didn't look as bright as it should.
It was recut with the slight leakage.
We refuse to cut a less bright diamond just to remove the white in ASET.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stormy ...can you or Jon post a real ASET on these two diamonds?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1430199178|3868832 said:

I intentionally allow a small amount of leakage because the proportion set increases overall brightness by roughly 10% vs removing it and it provides some contrast. The downside is some white in the ASET.
Yoram cut one with and one without leakage for comparison and the one with leakage was considerably brighter to the eye.
When he cut the one with no leakage even without comparing it to another he said it just didn't look as bright as it should.

Thanks for the explanation, Karl. :)) It's interesting that some white can out perform no white. I look at the Octavia with my eyes and know that it is amazing despite the white. In fact, the Octavia performs as well as the h&a cushion which shows no white. I was surprised that she used the aset instead of her eyes to guide her sales speech. But at least this shows she is better educated than most SAs, and she means the customer well. While many lament about lack of knowledgeable SAs/jewelers that don't use technology, I think she was too technology focused. ;)) :lol: Bravo to you and Yoram for putting performance foremost :clap:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat, when you can, please let us know which vendor besides GOG is carrying Octavias.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1430215805|3868869 said:
Karl_K|1430199178|3868832 said:

Thanks for the explanation, Karl. :)) It's interesting that some white can out perform no white. I look at the Octavia with my eyes and know that it is amazing despite the white. In fact, the Octavia performs as well as the h&a cushion which shows no white. I was surprised that she used the aset instead of her eyes to guide her sales speech. But at least this shows she is better educated than most SAs, and she means the customer well. While many lament about lack of knowledgeable SAs/jewelers that don't use technology, I think she was too technology focused. ;)) :lol: Bravo to you and Yoram for putting performance foremost :clap:

It's fascinating to see how working to numbers doesn't always lead to the best result - and good to see there is a great working relationship between designer and cutter that means both are out to get the best result and happy to tweak as required! :))

Dancing Fire|1430081056|3868148 said:
thecat said:
I can't edit now but just realised that both the 1.7 ct and 2.3 ct were certified on March 2015.

Thanks, just wondering how many Octavias had been cut by now.

It must be pretty cool to be one of only 30 or so people in the world with an Octavia :sun: I sooooooo want one :pray: lol

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1432178817|3879441 said:
thecat, when you can, please let us know which vendor besides GOG is carrying Octavias.

Hi VRBeauty, this vendor isn't in US. Anyway I'm not sure if I can share since this jeweler isn't a PS sponsor and there's already a PS sponsor carrying Octavia. Will share if I'm not breaking rules.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1432214506|3879561 said:

Hi VRBeauty, this vendor isn't in US. Anyway I'm not sure if I can share since this jeweler isn't a PS sponsor and there's already a PS sponsor carrying Octavia. Will share if I'm not breaking rules.
I was of the understanding that GOG had exclusive rights to sell Octavias but I am a noob and am not party to any discussions that may be going on the background, therefore I may well be wrong :???: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1432217165|3879584 said:

I was of the understanding that GOG had exclusive rights to sell Octavias but I am a noob and am not party to any discussions that may be going on the background, therefore I may well be wrong :???: :lol:
Hmmm, that's what I thought too... :read:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1432233549|3879761 said:

Which was why I was surprised to see an Octavia when she brought it out!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1432306487|3880073 said:
Dancing Fire|1432233549|3879761 said:

Which was why I was surprised to see an Octavia when she brought it out!
Did your friend buy one of the Octavia?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results