carat
color
clarity

VAPID Lapid, Yo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1428525554|3858831 said:
Just saw this. :sick:

Sounds like you need to check her meds. I have that reaction (crying, weeping, depression, not nausea) to morphine, codeine, percodan and percocet. Sometimes right away, sometimes after a while. The only thing that doesn't push me over the edge is demerol, and it works great for me when I have had major pain (in the past). It is definitely a meds issue. Call the doc. Just do it for me. :pray: Don't let them give her anything with Tylenol (acetaminophen) in it, it'll damage the kidneys/liver. Could the hash be making her paranoid too? I would go to your pharmacist and have a sit-down consult if you can't get to your doc.

Oh, VL, this is so hard. I kinda felt some vibes, so I wanted to touch base. This is the hardest thing, and everything is hard right now. It's a suckfest (trying to make light).

I wonder if the eye thing is fluid buildup or an infection? At least call the dental surgeon, the eye is connected through the sinuses. There could be an abcess that needs to be drained.

Is there anyone that can step in for a couple of hours, to give you a rest? Can you borrow a friend's dog for a while, to distract you both? Something to give you both something else to think about.

I have a feeling it will get better the middle of next week for some reason . . .

When you're going through hell, just keep going.

Please let me know how it's going. Big hugs to you both.

Just wanted to point this out, lol. . .

This is the best news ever!!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

I'm so thrilled. I'm happy for you both and big smackers all around! :bigsmile:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
sO is being released to home TOMOROW!
She is walking, talking up a storm, and they say she can do rehab at out patient facility a few blocks from home on Houston St.

Many tons of thanks for all the dust! ILander, looks like you got your full psychic back!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi VL,

It is wonderful news. Amazing in fact. Good Luck to you both.

Annette

24caratsequin

Rough_Rock
What wonderful news! I'm thrilled to hear this development. Much diamond dust to you both.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news! I hope she continues to feel even better every day.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two thumbs up!

Deb :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such great news! :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear this news, VL!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thrilled for you both Vapid! Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and sending more hugs your way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful, wonderful New VL!!! I hope everything goes smoothly today so you can get your SO all settled in at home. I bet you are both thrilled to be going home, Thank you for the happy update!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really glad your SO is doing so well and she's being released soon, that is great news! Continued good thoughts being sent to you both!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl:

And no small measure due to you!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Such awesome news VL! :appl:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very happy to hear this!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am absolutely, horribly, shamefully late to this thread, but VL, I have always appreciated your posts/insight and just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for all that you and SO have had to endure. I am so glad to hear that she is going home and hope that she continues to improve, day by day. Sending both of you gentle hugs!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VL, did you really manage to get her home on Friday? How is she now? How are you?

A sigh of relief, I believe, is in order. . . :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been thinking of you and your SO, VL. I hope things are continuing to go well at home.

Hugs and prayers,
Deb

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yes, she really came home Friday!
It has been a lot more work for me. The hospital social worker st Mt Sinai Beth Israel was horrible, except horrible is an understatement. She did not set us up with any home nursing or outpatient rehab, both of which I Was told she would do before discharge. She did not even refer us to a nursing service or rehab facility. The social worker in the icu had told me that the discharge social worker would do all these things and had mentioned a few in our neighborhood, but that was days before discharge and a different person.
Walking and talking are both coming back fast. We saw the oncologist Tuesday. She called over to the radiologist to get him to see us that day too and he did, else we would have waited until this afternoon. 25 radiation treatments focused on the bone around and (internally) under the eye and in the area where the tumor was (right temporal and frontal lobes). Pathology came back secondary tumor of breast origin. Estrogen receptor positive; same beast we've been fighting 4 1/2 years. The tumor did not work its way into the brain, but was growing in the dura, and spreading deeply into the bone, so while it was pressing on the brain it is really a bone metastase. it is intricately involved with the bone around the eye, and likely entered the bone through the tiny hole that the bundle of nerves that control the muscles that move the eye feed through. That is breaking up the bone and causing it to press on the nerves such that they right eye will likely never move again, but the optic nerve is intact. At least until the radiation starts. there is some danger that the radiation could detach the retina, or scorch it. The Radiologist is making a mask that will hold her head immobile during treatments to keep the radiation where is it focused to try to save the eye. That should start next week.
In the mean tine,
Yesterday we took a cab to 141 worth st
and got a marriage license.
Then since it was such a nice day and the Magnolias in Federal Plaza were all in bloom and the flowering pears, we walked all the way home, which is only a mile.
We will go back tomorrow to do the ceremony.
The 20kt gold and morogoro spinel ring I made last year will be her wedding ring, that's what she wants.
Today is beauty day; she is getting her hair done at Mudhoney, which is perfect as half her head was shaved and the 34 stitch incision is shaped like a backward question mark, but looks like the stitching on a baseball.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

VL--thank you for sharing. Happy news about your partners rings and a ceremony! :appl: Is it silly to ask what kind of a band you will have?

I continue to send healing vibes your way--and hope that the rehab folks get it together moving forward. Sheesh!

kind regards--Sharon

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sharon! Nothing silly in asking about the rings, this is PS after all!
I will wear this three strand tapered twist in 999fine silver that I made.
Here are pics of both.

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts.

_29386.jpg

_29387.jpg

vlband.jpg

vlband1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your marriage, VL. The rings are beautiful. I think you picked wonderful days, weather-wise, for your marriage preparation and marriage. I wish you both great happiness.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

PS-Some social workers should lose their jobs.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say congrats and beautiful rings :)

Kroshka

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and hugs from me. Good news never gets old. :wavey: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news VL! Congratulations on your marriage!!! The rings you made are beautiful. I hope you have great weather for your wedding day.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's getting married in the morning....Ding, dong, the bells are gonna chime!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Vapid and Mrs. Vapid!!! Tomorrow's the big day! Your rings are beautiful. :love: Wishing you all the best and sending lots of love and hugs your way! So happy for you both. :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So happy that you and SO are getting married tomorrow! Will be sending you all of my best wishes for a beautiful day!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1429800071|3866446 said:
Yes, she really came home Friday!
It has been a lot more work for me. The hospital social worker st Mt Sinai Beth Israel was horrible, except horrible is an understatement. She did not set us up with any home nursing or outpatient rehab, both of which I Was told she would do before discharge. She did not even refer us to a nursing service or rehab facility. The social worker in the icu had told me that the discharge social worker would do all these things and had mentioned a few in our neighborhood, but that was days before discharge and a different person.
Walking and talking are both coming back fast. We saw the oncologist Tuesday. She called over to the radiologist to get him to see us that day too and he did, else we would have waited until this afternoon. 25 radiation treatments focused on the bone around and (internally) under the eye and in the area where the tumor was (right temporal and frontal lobes). Pathology came back secondary tumor of breast origin. Estrogen receptor positive; same beast we've been fighting 4 1/2 years. The tumor did not work its way into the brain, but was growing in the dura, and spreading deeply into the bone, so while it was pressing on the brain it is really a bone metastase. it is intricately involved with the bone around the eye, and likely entered the bone through the tiny hole that the bundle of nerves that control the muscles that move the eye feed through. That is breaking up the bone and causing it to press on the nerves such that they right eye will likely never move again, but the optic nerve is intact. At least until the radiation starts. there is some danger that the radiation could detach the retina, or scorch it. The Radiologist is making a mask that will hold her head immobile during treatments to keep the radiation where is it focused to try to save the eye. That should start next week.
In the mean tine,
Yesterday we took a cab to 141 worth st
and got a marriage license.

Then since it was such a nice day and the Magnolias in Federal Plaza were all in bloom and the flowering pears, we walked all the way home, which is only a mile.
We will go back tomorrow to do the ceremony.
The 20kt gold and morogoro spinel ring I made last year will be her wedding ring, that's what she wants.
Today is beauty day; she is getting her hair done at Mudhoney, which is perfect as half her head was shaved and the 34 stitch incision is shaped like a backward question mark, but looks like the stitching on a baseball.

This made me cry, VL. :-o I don't think I've ever heard of anything so beautiful and romantic in my whole life.

Absolutely touching. I'm deeply moved, and the courage of you both just stuns me.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wait! :wavey: :wavey: I have a (virtual) gift for you both!

The rarest flower in my entire garden. I grew it in our first house almost 30 years ago. I thought it was lost to me forever when we moved, because it seemed none of the nurseries were growing it anymore and I didn't see it anywhere. But I didn't know my aunt had rooted a cutting and was growing it all these years. I got it back a couple of years ago, another cutting, and it's a big bush now. It seems that things that you love are never really lost to you. So, it's rare to me anyway, and if I could reach through the screen and give it to you two, I would.

Congratulations to you both. :clap:

hibiscus.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Love is always happy news! Both rings are beautiful. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results