shape
carat
color
clarity

Synthetic Alexandrite?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

I'm looking to create an alexandrite ring, and I posted over on the colored stones forum because I'd really like a natural one. However, I realize this is a rare and expensive stone, so I would also consider a synthetic one. My concern is that I know a lot of alexandrites out there, even when they are labeled as synthetic, are not actually synthetic alexandrite but rather some other synthetic color change stone. Does anyone know of any reputable dealers/websites for synthetic alexandrite?

Thank you!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Africagems is having a sitewide 20% off sale for the coupon code 'april15' and it ends sometime today. I think you wanted an oval but if you just search 'synthetic alexandrite' in the search bar you'll see other shapes. Make sure you select the size you want to see the correct price:
http://www.africagems.com/calibrated-chatham-alexandrite-oval.html

If you buy from a stock image (like from Africagems) I suggest asking for photos of what they plan on sending you, or to tell them you want an excellent cut with no window.

I know there is at least one more vendor but I can't remember who.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You're right that there's a lot of confusion on this. Color change does not mean Alexandrite. Alex is color change CHRYSOBERYL. Read the ad carefully for that word and/or ask the dealer about it. If it's not chrysoberyl, it's not Alexandrite. If they don't know or won't say, it's not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results